PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Looking to build a spell-warped Sniper character (Starting at level 3) Limited books

Nosta
2019-05-12, 09:42 PM
so My group is doing a Round Robin Style game.
We each pick a Book and it gets added to the pile along with a few core rule Books

The game will be split in to story Arcs and we will take Turn Gming it

There are Six Players/GMs
and so far we have the following books

Player hand Book 1 & 2
Monster Manuel 1
DM Guide 1 & 2
1: Heroes of Horror
2: Storm-Wreck
3: Complete Scoundrel
4: (Complete Arcane) --Maybe
5: ????
6: ????

I Like Advice on a 8th level build that would use these books take me in to spell-warped be a little optimized but not overly optimized

ShurikVch
2019-05-14, 07:01 AM
Spellwarped have LA +3; you can't start it at level 3

Rebel7284
2019-05-14, 06:41 PM
I typically see Spellwarped Sniper combined with Unseen Seer, but that's difficult with your book limitations.

Entry:
Rogue 1: tons of skill points making you more useful at early levels.
Spellthief 1: If it ends up being accessible is a great alternative with Master Spellthief.
Hit and Run Variant Sneak Attack Fighter 1: More BAB and slightly more survivable early on. Dex to damage against flat footed opponents is always cool. Requires even more books to work out though.

Then Wizard 5 or Sorcerer 6, whichever works best for you.

Get an item of +1d6 sneak attack and go into Arcane Trickster after.

Craven is a nice feat if that ends up being open.

Split Ray feat can be nice, but talk to your DM about how sneak attack works with multiple rays. Rules compendium says something about needing a full round action for a volley attack.

Falontani
2019-05-14, 08:15 PM
Split Ray feat can be nice, but talk to your DM about how sneak attack works with multiple rays. Rules compendium says something about needing a full round action for a volley attack.

Spontaneous spellcasters take a full round to apply metamagic feats, so split ray on a spontaneous spellcaster.

My ideal Spellwarp Sniper build: Halfling
1 Dread Necromancer: Precocious Apprentice + Maximize Spell
2 Spellthief
3 Warlock: Master Spell thief
4 Warlock
5 Warlock
6 Eldritch Theurge: Master of Day and Night
7 Eldritch Theurge
8 Eldritch Theurge
9 Eldritch Theurge: Point Blank Shot
10 Eldritch Theurge
11 Spellwarp Sniper
12 Spellwarp Sniper: Least Dragonmark of Healing
13 Spellwarp Sniper
14 Nosomatic Chirugen
15 Spellwarp Sniper: Reach Spell
16 Eldritch Theurge
17 Eldritch Theurge
18 Eldritch Theurge: split ray or craven
19 Eldritch Theurge
20 Eldritch Theurge

12 bab, 8th level dn spells, at will Eldritch Blast with inflict spells applied, automaximized inflict spells, cl 20, and several ways to use inflict spells at range. Oh and the ability to hurt undead with inflict spells!