PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Rate my character / general character brag thread

Danaclese
2019-05-13, 12:36 AM
this link is an image of my new lvl 1 character sheet im very proud of my +10 to stealth at lvl 1 and think my character might even live up to their name am i delusional and accidentally made a doomed gnome or is it as cool as i think it is. also lets see yours, show off, really impress me. imgur.com/a/U9uXdP0

Azgeroth
2019-05-13, 12:41 AM
how did you get an 18 in dex at level 1???

also, thats +4, with prof of +2, and expertise, thats a total of 8.. so why 10??

Danaclese
2019-05-13, 01:03 AM

also, thats +4, with prof of +2, and expertise, thats a total of 8.. so why 10??

ok id like to first state that i made it supervised using pathguy.com/ddnext.html , so i know its legal somehow, the 18 in dex was due to a +1 bonus from my gnome race and a 17 on my 4d6 pick 3 roll.
i was TOLD to pick 6 skills and 2 expertise as "Rogues gain four skill proficiencies, and criminals get deception and stealth gratus"

and as for the ten, im trying to figure that out myself, the data i entered into roll20 says 8, but something in roll20 is making it 10, thank you for calling that out, im trying to figure out why its like that

Edit: its giving me 4 for the proficiency bonus on stealth for some reason, when i unclick it it gives me 6 total, i took off the expertise so that it would be 8 but i still dont know why its doing that

Wizard_Lizard
2019-05-13, 03:36 AM
pretty cool!

Arkhios
2019-05-13, 11:26 AM

Rolling stats for the win.

I have a variant human (paladin) whose stats at 1st level were Str 18, Dex 9, Con 15, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 16 (vhuman feat was Dual Wielder).

YoFizz
2019-05-13, 11:54 AM
I rolled stats on a sorcerer and i ended up with:
6str / 17+1 dex / 17+1 con / 11 int / 12 wis / 18+2 cha

so literally, every ASI I'm just going to take a feat. I'm currently 3 sor / 1 loc

Keravath
2019-05-13, 12:07 PM
this link is an image of my new lvl 1 character sheet im very proud of my +10 to stealth at lvl 1 and think my character might even live up to their name am i delusional and accidentally made a doomed gnome or is it as cool as i think it is. also lets see yours, show off, really impress me. imgur.com/a/U9uXdP0

I think the expertise calculation on that character sheet is broken. Your intimidation is listed at 8 and stealth at 10. In the first case stat is +2 (cha) and the second it is +4 (dex). This means the sheet is adding +6 to both these skills for expertise proficiency instead of the +4 it should be for expertise (2x proficiency). The rest of the skills appear to be calculated correctly with stat + 1xproficiency so it looks to be an issue with the expertise calculation.

Danaclese
2019-05-14, 01:56 AM
I think the expertise calculation on that character sheet is broken. ......... so it looks to be an issue with the expertise calculation.

its giving me 2 expertise, i took the expertise off so it reads correctly but idk why its happening