7th
Martial reaction improvement
Ability score improvement
+3 Martial Arts 1d8
8th
Martial technique feature blood frenzy
+3 Martial Arts 1d8
9th
Martial reaction improvement, action surge (2 uses)
+4 Martial Arts 1d8
10th
Tough skin improvement, ability score improvement
+4 Martial Arts 1d8
11th
Extra attack 2
+4 Martial Arts 1d10
12th
Martial technique feature
+4 Martial Arts 1d10
13th
Blood Frenzy improvement
+5 Martial Arts 1d10
14th
Ability score improvement
+5 Martial Arts 1d10
15th
Martial reaction improvement (action surge) 3 uses
+5 Martial Arts 1d10
16th
Tough skin improvement
+5 Martial Arts 1d12
17th
Extra attack 3 ability score improvement
+6 Martial Arts 1d12
18th
Martial technique feature
+6 Martial Arts 1d12
19th
Blood frenzy improvement
+7 Martial Arts 2d12
20th
Ability score improvement, extra attack 4, martial technique feature
+7 Martial Arts 2d12
CLASS FEATURES
As a brute, you gain the following class features.
HIT POINTS
Hit Dice: 1d12 per brute level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d12 (or 7) + your Constitution modifier per brute level after 1st
PROFICIENCIES
Armour: Light armour,
Weapons: Simple weapons, gauntlets 1d4 bludgeoning, knuckle blades 1d8 slashing, knuckle dusters 1d4 bludgeoning, claws 1d4 slashing, knuckle axes 1d6 slashing, spiked gauntlets 1d6 piercing, gauntlet sword 1d10 slashing, spiked boots 1d6 piercing, steel boots 1d4
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, dexterity
Skills: Choose two from acrobatics, athletics, intimidation, perception, stealth, performance, medicine
Expertises
EQUIPMENT
You start with the following equipment, in addition to
the equipment granted by your background:
• (a) An explorer's pack or (b) a Dungeoneer's pack
• (a) 2 spiked boots or (b) 2 knuckle dusters

Unarmoured defence
While you are not wearing any armour, your Armor Class
equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution
modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

Blood Frenzy
You can only enter a blood frenzy when you have dealt damage this combat
When you enter a blood frenzy you have resistance to slashing, bludgeoning and piercing damage, you deal double damage when you make a melee attack, you can make one extra bonus attack per turn, blood frenzy lasts for 2 turns. You can only enter into a blood frenzy once per long rest. Twice after the first improvement and 3 times after the second improvement

Martial reaction
When you are attacked you can use your reaction to counter-attack if they do not succeed on the attack. You get to chose 1 counterattack at 2nd 7th 9th and 15th reaction, you use your str/dex mod + proficiency bonus when you are attacked.

Forearm block, you block the attack and punch the opponent. 1d4 bludgeoning

Dodge strike, you dodge the attack and palm strike the opponent 1d4 bludgeoning

Flip. you knock the opponent prone and deal straight 1d6

Counter kick, you kick the opponent as they run at you. You deal 1d6

Tough skin
if you are attacked you roll a con save and if you roll higher than the attack you take half damage. You get 2 uses when you first get the ability and once more each time you at 10th and 16th lvl

Martial technique
boxer:
You become an extremely talented fist fighter. you learn different strikes to deal more dammage to
Roundhouse punch + 1d4
Back kick + 1d6
Axe kick + 1d8
Uppercut + 1d10
Palm strike + 1d12
Spinning elbow + 2d8

Grappler
You become an effective ground fighter who can hold his own while grappling with an opponent
Tackle, you knock the opponent prone and they must beat your roll to break out of the hold
Chokehold, you deal + 1d4 bludgeoning damage and are grappled
Armbar, + 1d6 bludgeoning and are grappled
Double arm lock + 1d8 bludgeoning and are grappled
Triangle hold + 1d10 bludgeoning and are grappled
Constriction lock + 1d12 bludgeoning and are grappled

ACTION SURGE
Starting at 4th level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 9th, and 15th level, you can use it twice and 3 times before a rest, but only once on the same turn.

Ganryu
2019-05-13, 10:17 AM
Throw it in the homebrew forum, wrong place.

Any reason not just to spam elbows with this class? Or do you unlock new martial movements as it levels up?

ShadowSandbag
2019-05-13, 10:32 AM
First off this is really hard to read with the current formatting. From what I can see though there are a few problems. The damage on martial arts scales way too much, monks are The Martial Arts Class, this should match their damage. Blood Frenzy seems incredibly powerful, even if it has a short duration.

Counter Kick and Dodge Strike are not improvements, Dodge Strike works the exact same as the one before it and Counter Kick removes knocking Prone. It sounds Like Martial Reaction is a choice each level, so there is also no reason to not take Flip. It also sounds like it has unlimited uses, making it a straight improvement over Battlemasters Riposte(?).

Adding a bunch of new weapons just for this class also adds extra complexity that really isn't needed.

I like the idea of combining Barbarian and Monk, but as of right now it just doesn't work great. It would probably work better as a Sub-class for one of the two.

nickl_2000
2019-05-13, 10:35 AM
Also try and post only once if you can.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?587926-new-class-(homebrew)-constructive-criticism-plzz&p=23906449#post23906449

JackPhoenix
2019-05-13, 10:36 AM
Constructive criticism? Report your own thread to have it moved to the corect forum, work on the formating, and delete the extra thread, whichever of the two it is.

Grod_The_Giant
2019-05-13, 10:52 AM
I think I see where you're going with this, and it's... not worth a new class, I'm afraid to say. A class should cover a range of archetypes, ideally ones that aren't already covered by existing options. This really only seems to be one thing-- a Barbarian/Monk hybrid. It would fit as a Barbarian subclass with an unarmed focus, or a Monk subclass focused on toughness.

(As a related note: both of those archetypes are covered in Grod's Guide (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/267038/Grods-Guide-to-Greatness)-- Path of the Fist and Way of the Iron Hand.)

JNAProductions
2019-05-13, 11:09 AM
I think I see where you're going with this, and it's... not worth a new class, I'm afraid to say. A class should cover a range of archetypes, ideally ones that aren't already covered by existing options. This really only seems to be one thing-- a Barbarian/Monk hybrid. It would fit as a Barbarian subclass with an unarmed focus, or a Monk subclass focused on toughness.

(As a related note: both of those archetypes are covered in Grod's Guide (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/267038/Grods-Guide-to-Greatness)-- Path of the Fist and Way of the Iron Hand.)

I'm going to nod and agree with Grod, because I'm having trouble making heads or tails of this formatting and Grod's a good brewer.

In addition to posting this in the wrong forum, I'd recommend using these tables (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?521278-Preset-Class-Tables-for-5e-Homebrew) to clean it up.