PDA

View Full Version : Help with Wizard Revenge

Baalzebub
2019-05-13, 10:39 AM
So on my 3.5 party we are almost level 19th or so.

I am playing a power-hungry Conjuring Wizard, so when we discovered one of Iggwilv's Demonicons, of course my character would want that book above everything else. However, the Cleric on the party wasn't happy about it, so the Fighter and the Cleric catched me by surprise, knocked me out and killed me.

Since we were in the Abyss, the party didn't have much choice but to resurrect my Wizard.

Now, I want to somehow after the adventure is done to have my Wizard take revenge on this Fighter and the Cleric. There is a number of things I can do, but I'd love to hear some suggestions from you guys. For detail, the Cleric's deity is Heironeous. He plays it pretty much as a Codzilla, while the Fighter has some levels of Crusader (hence my demise).

Vizzerdrix
2019-05-13, 11:05 AM
Disjunction the meats toys and baleful polymorph him into a pet. Something like a turtle, in case you ever want soup.

As for the cleric? Kill his god. Anything with stats can die in D&D.

MisterKaws
2019-05-13, 11:11 AM
You're a conjurer. Start binding demons on your free time and have them do the job for you.

Since it's two melee warriors, with one of them also having divine spells, I guess you could either overpower them with demons(try getting some failsafes against banishment) or summon sneaky sneaky creatures and assassinate them.

Baalzebub
2019-05-13, 11:12 AM

Well, I can't argue with that :smallamused: although that might take a while...

MeimuHakurei
2019-05-13, 11:14 AM
Disjunction the meats toys and baleful polymorph him into a pet. Something like a turtle, in case you ever want soup.

This is probably one of the most 3.5 things I've ever read.

Baalzebub
2019-05-13, 11:17 AM
You're a conjurer. Start binding demons on your free time and have them do the job for you.

Since it's two melee warriors, with one of them also having divine spells, I guess you could either overpower them with demons(try getting some failsafes against banishment) or summon sneaky sneaky creatures and assassinate them.

:sabine: you know, I didn't considered it, but binding demons sounds like a great idea. I'll have to be sneaky around it, though, since the cleric is becoming increasingly paranoid about what am I going to do next.

MisterKaws
2019-05-13, 11:25 AM
:sabine: you know, I didn't considered it, but binding demons sounds like a great idea. I'll have to be sneaky around it, though, since the cleric is becoming increasingly paranoid about what am I going to do next.

Make an Ice Assassin of the Cleric, have him cast Genesis and hide in the demiplane and bind demons all day. Maybe even open a brothel there to extract XP via Liquid Joy(no limit to extraction number, as opposed to Liquid Pain).

Falontani
2019-05-13, 11:36 AM

Start with binding angels. That's a [Good] Act so the cleric should turn a blind eye. Enslave your angels and begin corrupting them. Those that don't get corrupted get fed to demons. (to your DM, I suggest turning them into Radiant Idols from Sharn Two Towers). Set up a gate to call forth your demons when its time, and when the cleric uses the only realistic counter to that and begins gating his own stuff use. Have a readied Portal to Portal Redirect go off (this is the hardest part, I know), to change his gate from gating in Solars (probably) to your corrupted angels. Bring forth some Advanced Quells and a few Ur Priests to counter all his divine magic after this, and then go kill his god.

Baalzebub
2019-05-13, 12:07 PM
Make an Ice Assassin of the Cleric, have him cast Genesis and hide in the demiplane and bind demons all day. Maybe even open a brothel there to extract XP via Liquid Joy(no limit to extraction number, as opposed to Liquid Pain).

Has there been a solution to the debate about what the Ice Assassin can and cannot do?

Baalzebub
2019-05-13, 12:09 PM
Start with binding angels. That's a [Good] Act so the cleric should turn a blind eye. Enslave your angels and begin corrupting them. Those that don't get corrupted get fed to demons. (to your DM, I suggest turning them into Radiant Idols from Sharn Two Towers). Set up a gate to call forth your demons when its time, and when the cleric uses the only realistic counter to that and begins gating his own stuff use. Have a readied Portal to Portal Redirect go off (this is the hardest part, I know), to change his gate from gating in Solars (probably) to your corrupted angels. Bring forth some Advanced Quells and a few Ur Priests to counter all his divine magic after this, and then go kill his god.

Well the whole corruption of Angels seems a bit complicated but I like the idea of using Ur Priests... :smallamused:

KillianHawkeye
2019-05-13, 06:08 PM

Since he's already in the Abyss, the OP won't need to worry about banishment. He might, however, have to worry about the demons' friends coming to hunt him down.

Zanos
2019-05-13, 06:29 PM
Maybe he shouldn't have killed you?

Report him to whatever Paladins you can find as a murderer, after all he killed you pretty much unprovoked. They should mobilize pretty quickly to deal with a powerful evil doer, going around murdering people to take possession of evil magic items.

MisterKaws
2019-05-13, 06:39 PM
Has there been a solution to the debate about what the Ice Assassin can and cannot do?

RAW it can do whatever the hell the original can. Only the DM can limit you.

And since the DM let them kill you, I don't think they'd mind helping with another death.

StevenC21
2019-05-13, 10:20 PM
I honestly just recommend Gating in a Balor to kill the Fighter...

Preferably while he sleeps.