PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Harsh Criticism Needed <3

Bjarkmundur
2019-05-14, 05:15 AM
I've been working on this (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fqVaIbHNWRzWJ11L7aAuxxPqPdTp39zZ6DVBo7sXaD8/edit?usp=sharing)for a long time now, and I'm getting to a place where I think I'm happy about it.

Please tear me a new one, and critique your ass off :D

I've added my design goals in a link on the front page. If you're wondering why a change has been made, you can see it explained there. Last time someone reviewed this I got a ton of questions that could all have been answered by reading it.

You can comment directly on the document if you like :)

Unoriginal
2019-05-14, 06:03 AM
Word of advice: you should probably post this in the Homebrew section.

Bjarkmundur
2019-05-14, 06:26 AM
Word of advice: you should probably post this in the Homebrew section.

Right, I'll PM a moderator

jaappleton
2019-05-14, 07:45 AM
As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass!

Kurt Kurageous
2019-05-14, 11:00 AM
You've done a lot of work.

I added ideas to consider FWIW.

Bjarkmundur
2019-05-14, 11:25 AM
I love how nobody lasts longer than the first couple of pages xD

Thanks for the input. though, everyone who commented <3

I'm having particular trouble with the feature of my Half-Dwarf / Squat race if someone is willing to give me a hand?

Rukelnikov
2019-05-14, 04:03 PM
Longer than I thought it would be, i'll try to read it later tonight

Bjarkmundur
2019-05-14, 04:31 PM
Longer than I thought it would be, I'll try to read it later tonight

Then you could maybe look at with the mindset of "what can be cut, to make it easier to read"? ^^

Ironheart
2019-05-14, 05:00 PM
When completing a luck roll to check for random encounters, does the result of the die (say, a 1 versus a 6) influence what is encountered? I would imagine it's under DM prerogative since they're the ones that have the encounter happen.

I ask mostly because of how Luck Rolls are tiered to indicate that this would be the case, even though it doesn't really interact with random encounters past deciding that they happen, which is powerful enough by itself, in my mind, but further clarification might help ramp up tension in the roll.

Bjarkmundur
2019-05-15, 03:23 AM
When completing a luck roll to check for random encounters, does the result of the die (say, a 1 versus a 6) influence what is encountered? I would imagine it's under DM prerogative since they're the ones that have the encounter happen.

I ask mostly because of how Luck Rolls are tiered to indicate that this would be the case, even though it doesn't really interact with random encounters past deciding that they happen, which is powerful enough by itself, in my mind, but further clarification might help ramp up the tension in the roll.

Ah, I see what you're getting at. I'll definitely have a look at that, thank you.

It was my intention that rolling a Natural 1 on a random encounter would definitely be more of a bummer than rolling a 9 ^^
Edit: I'll leave it out of the document, my players will find out eventually ;)