PDA

View Full Version : Nun With A Gun [IC]

JNAProductions
2019-05-14, 11:19 AM
You look at the wreckage before you, a massive furrow that was dug through the field. A huge conglomeration of metal (you think, at least) and leaking puddles of something corrosive...

And at the edge, a single living woman. Clad in thick plates of metallic armor and bearing a holy rifle-also unconscious and with a beam of metal sticking through her gut.

What will you do?

Tallytrev813
2019-05-14, 05:31 PM
"What in the world was that?!"
Dillon had heard something soaring above the forest, whistling by with the cover of the tall tree's.
"Oh man, no way! I hope that didn't land in the forest! Not cool!"
Dillon runs toward the direction the UFO flew by based on sound, and reaches the edge of the forest to see some smoking debris in the field. He hustles over to survey what had happened.

"Oh man, Oh man, hello? Are you OK?"
Dillon checks the scene - Mother always says make sure the scene is safe before you go dashing in.

"Huh...whats this corrosive goo seeping out?"
Dillon briefly checks the goo - the smell, what's it doing to the plant life, etc.

Dillon slowly makes his way over to the woman.

"Whoa - what the heck? ...she's....she's alive. Come on, Dillon. Just like mom taught you..."

Dillon places his hands over the woman, a feint green glow begins to emanate from his hands as Dillon whispers something in Druidic.

[roll0]

"Come on lady....wake up...come oooooon"

Sadpanda01
2019-05-14, 09:01 PM
Wilhelm ran as fast as he could towards the crash.

Upon arriving, he noticed a man kneeling next to a woman. There is no way in Pelor's name anyone could survive a crash like that. Yet the man seemed to try to save her...

Was she still breathing?

Wilhelm quickly made his way towards the two, dodging and avoiding the unknown puddles and debris. She had a piece of metal that pierced her stomach...

This is bad, Wilhelm knelt next to the two as he inspected the strange metal.

We have to pull her away from this area. I don't trust any of this.... Stuff.

Wilhelm looked at the metal again.

You think we pull that out of her?

JNAProductions
2019-05-14, 09:12 PM
The woman gasps in pain as Dillon's magic suffuses her. Her eyes snap open, and she levels the rifle at him almost simultaneously. After a moment, though, she lets it dip-not unready, just not pointed directly at her saviour.

Jumbus
2019-05-14, 09:31 PM
Wilrich heard the wreckage while walking through the streets and knew he had to hurry to calm the people.

Waddling over to the wreckage he noticed two young men were already investigating.

"There is no need to worry Wilrich the Spectacular is here" he had made sure to roll his r's for a greater dramatic effect.

But looking down on the wreckage he knew this wasn't any normal situation, looking it over the woman was wearing strange armor and an even stranger looking crossbow contraption. They would fetch a mighty fine price he could imagine.

"Well this looks like quite the situation, do you two have any idea what happened here. I'm detecting strong magics all over this woman, this could be very dangerous."

Wilrich approached the woman and asked.

"Could I have a look at that metal crossbow you have, I think it may be best for me to take her weapon back for arcane analyzing. Who knows what magical dangers it could possess."

1d20+7

This was a blatant lie of course, Wilrich just wanted the weapon to sell but either way it could be good be good to get the weapon away before this stranger had the chance to use it. Hopefully his reputation as a wizard would help him with this cause.

Dagg3
2019-05-14, 09:34 PM
"What the..."

Aiden begins heading towards the source of the sound and finds three other men crowded around.

Cautiously he approaches the men.

"What the hell happened here?"

Aiden clutches his staff tightly upon once seeing the source of the sound was a woman who looks in bad shape and a man attempting to heal her.

"Is she alright?" He asked calmly standing back attempting to stay out of the way.

JNAProductions
2019-05-14, 09:36 PM
When he goes for the woman's weapon, she levels it at him. Touch my bolter and your head goes "poof", witch.

She grimaces in pain as she does, but never lets the weapon waver.

Jumbus
2019-05-14, 09:43 PM
Wilrich had dust in his hand for his MARVELOUS BLINDING SPELL. But he thought he wouldn't unleash such great power on an injured woman no matter how dangerous.

"You are very injured we live in a village not to far from here if you will let us help you"

Sadpanda01
2019-05-14, 10:42 PM
Wilhelm shakes his head slightly.

I'm a healer Ma'am, I have no Intrest in your bolter, just your well being. We need to pull that metal from your stomach... If we do so it may be one of the most painful thing you have experienced.

Wilhelm swallowed hard, she threatened the other simply for touching her weapon. What would she do if he tried to pull that bar from her body...

Once we remove it I can tend to your wounds and get you out of here.

Tallytrev813
2019-05-15, 12:01 AM
Dillon looks at the group nervously, ”Heh, hey guys, I didn’t see you coming - look - Wilhelm is here to heal her...” He says, hopeful no one saw him casting a healing spell on their way over.

“Ma’am, we have to move you off this metal piece and get you to a safe place - you can keep your...uh...stick thing. Is it ok if we help you?”

Dillon turns to Wilhelmina, “You can help her, yah?”

JNAProductions
2019-05-15, 10:50 AM
She closes her eyes-just for a moment-and mutters a prayer under her breath. Emperor protect me.

She turns to Wilhelm and Dillon, and nods. The auto-stabilizers in the armor seem to be working alright. Pull it out-I'll live.

So, who wants to make a Strength check? DC 18 to move the bar, but you can be Helped for advantage on it.

Tallytrev813
2019-05-15, 12:30 PM
Dillon looks up at Wilhelm, I'll help you, if you try to pull it out."

Dillon places his hand on Wilhelm's forearm "I think you're going to have a better shot at doing it right than I will..." Dillon begins to show Wilhelm what he thinks is the easiest way to get the woman off the object, causing Wilhelm to feel more confident than he may have a few moments ago.

I cast Guidance on Wilhelm giving 1d4 extra on the skill check, and then I take the HELP action.

Sadpanda01
2019-05-15, 01:23 PM
Wilhelm felt a surge of, what he assumed to be, magic course from Dillon's hand.

He carefully grabbed a hold of the bar and pulled with all his might. The woman's wound bled some more.

Move! Wilhelm screamed as he continued to pull, as if trying to command the bar itself.

It didn't work...

Wilhelm fell to his knees and whuspered two combined prayers as ten golden berries appear in his hand.

I'm Sorry... I'm not strong enough. Eat this, it will help...
Casting Goodberry

JNAProductions
2019-05-15, 01:38 PM
The woman groans in pain, nearly blacking out it looks like. Try... Again... she manages to get out. I could feel it move just a little.

She does not take any of the berries.

Tallytrev813
2019-05-15, 03:05 PM
Dillon watches the woman in agony.

"We don't seem to be strong enough on our own, i have an idea..."

He places his trusty Walking stick (Quarterstaff) and wedges it behind the woman, I'm going to try and pry her off, Wilhelm, help me with this..."

With the base of the Quarterstaff between the woman's back, and the back of the ship - Dillon attempts to lift the top of the staff like a wedge in order to make lifting her easier.

JNAProductions
2019-05-15, 06:58 PM
You manage to slide her a small ways off, eliciting a few trickles of blood from the wound site. It does look like it'll be easier to slide her off the beam, than move the beam.

She passes out from the movement, though her hands are gripped tightly around her rifle.

Jumbus
2019-05-15, 07:47 PM
Wilrich wanted that rifle but it was another thing to take it from a woman so close to her final breaths.

"I, Wilrich the Spectacular, will levitate this woman from her imprisonment. But whats that over there."

While the others were distracted by his clever ploy Wilrich attempts to slide the woman off of the beam.

[roll0]

JNAProductions
2019-05-15, 07:58 PM
Wilrich manages to get some leverage and pull her off the beam. She bleeds heavily for a moment, but stops, her blood clotting almost immediately.

She seems alive, if not in good shape-her legs are mangled beyond repair, and her gut still has a large hole in it.

Jumbus
2019-05-15, 08:05 PM
"Voila, she is free from her imprisonment. Quite a sight to behold if you ask me but this is no time to congratulate me this woman is in urgent need of healing. We should bring her back to the village if you young ones would like to give me a hand?"

Noticing her bleeding stopping in an instant Wilrich was somewhat unnerved by it was this strange woman even a human. She sure looked like one but didn't behave like one, did she even need healing?

This was no time to dwell on these thoughts however, it was better safe than sorry to get her healed up.

Dagg3
2019-05-15, 10:29 PM
"My Gods."

Aiden ponders to himself the source of this magic? it had to be, muttering to himself and looking towards his stone on the end of his staff.

"We need to get her to the villiage."

JNAProductions
2019-05-15, 10:40 PM
The woman is still knocked out. Some more healing might get her waking again, though given how screwed up her legs are, there's no guarantee she'll be able to walk then.

Tallytrev813
2019-05-16, 01:29 AM
Dillon looks down at the woman's mangled body. She's still got a hole in her chest. He feels he has to help, even if it means exposing his powers his mother made him promise to keep secret. He can't just...jest let her suffer.

"Ok, ok. Let me see what i can do..."

Dillon leans over her body, he places his hands over her and he whispers something in Druidic - mostly inaudible to those around him.

[roll0]

"Come on, come on...wake up..."

JNAProductions
2019-05-16, 11:20 AM
She comes to-again. Emperor above, that hurts... she says. Seeing that she's free from the metal, she attempts to stand, only to have her legs refuse to move in more than a twitch. She grits her teeth. Where's the nearest hospital?

Tallytrev813
2019-05-16, 12:34 PM
She comes to-again. Emperor above, that hurts... she says. Seeing that she's free from the metal, she attempts to stand, only to have her legs refuse to move in more than a twitch. She grits her teeth. Where's the nearest hospital?

"Holy Moly, we need to get you in to town - someone will be able to help you there...Hey, Wilhelm, try giving her those Berries now...they might help."

Dillon backs off a little bit so as to not be hovering over her.

Sadpanda01
2019-05-16, 12:48 PM
We can get you to the church, they can tend to your wounds. Wilhelm extends his hand towards the woman.

These will help you in the mean time, eat as many as you need and they will heal you.

JNAProductions
2019-05-16, 12:55 PM
She looks at the food, and releases one hand from rifle. Her trigger hand stays firm, though.

She takes a few and eats them. What kind are they?"

Sadpanda01
2019-05-16, 01:10 PM
They are known as Goldberries, Sweet with a with a slight tartness.

Wilhelm smiles slightly; their magic may just be enough to get her moving on her own.

I personally like visuals so here you go!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/87/Uchuva_2005.jpg/220px-Uchuva_2005.jpg
Technically, this is a relative of the tomatillo but it fits the picture in my head if they are roughly the size of cherries!

JNAProductions
2019-05-16, 01:14 PM
Her legs are mangled beyond the minor magic you know. You're going to have to carry her if you want to get any decent speed.

Tallytrev813
2019-05-16, 01:36 PM
"Here, lets try this - it might be easier..."

Dillon puts his walking stick under the womans armpits across her chest

"Dont worry, you can keep your hands on your thingy"

Dillon motions for Wilhelm to pick up the other side of the Quarterstaff.

"Lets get her in to town."

JNAProductions
2019-05-16, 01:39 PM
She adjusts herself, getting positioned so she won't fall off. When you two lift, you find she is heavy-probably from the armor. It's a struggle, but you're able to fall into a rhythm and carry her without undue difficulty.

Do you plan on just going to town with her? Or something else?

Tallytrev813
2019-05-16, 02:30 PM
Dillon walks over to the wreckage to check it out. Looks over it, then comes back.

"So...uhh...what exactly happened? Who are you? We'd happily take you for help, but as you can imagine...no one has ever seen stuff like this before. It may freak the town out..."

Sadpanda01
2019-05-16, 03:41 PM
The church should have skilled healers on the grounds. Their hands can tend to our friend's wounds; the town's reaction be damned.

Tallytrev813
2019-05-16, 04:18 PM
The church should have skilled healers on the grounds. Their hands can tend to our friend's wounds; the town's reaction be damned.

Well, we've gotta do something for her soon. She's not in great shape. Lets get her to the church then..."

JNAProductions
2019-05-16, 05:59 PM
As you carry her, she talks. I am Sister Stephanie, of the Order of our Martyred Lady. I'm not at license to tell you why I'm here-get me better, get me back to my mission, and you'll have peace.

Tallytrev813
2019-05-16, 10:48 PM
Dillon begins carrying her to the church with Wilhelm ASAP. No time to waste.

Jumbus
2019-05-17, 12:21 AM
Wilrich decided to lead in front of the young men who are helping this 'Sister Stephanie' its best that he do the talking about what happened when the group got in to town. She has to let go of that gun sometime but Wilrich had bigger plans she had to have a story and where ever she got that strange curio she called a bolter there must be more.

"I have no knowledge of nuns who roam around with armor and weapons, would you mind telling me where your home is?"

Dagg3
2019-05-17, 12:28 AM
Aiden decides it's best to follow them towards the village but trails behind a bit, keeping an eye out for the nearest physician.

JNAProductions
2019-05-17, 08:34 PM
It takes longer to get back to church than it did leaving the village. Your home has only a small place of worship-nothing grand or impressive, but serviceable enough.

You attract a lot of attention bringing her in, to the point where a small crowd is following by the time you reach the church's doors.

Jumbus
2019-05-17, 09:47 PM
"You lot get here inside, I Wilrich the Spectacular will calm our fellow townsfolk."

Wilrich turned to the crowd attempting to calm them down.

"Nothing to worry about folks the situation is all under control, after all I Wilrich the Spectacular am dealing with it. Who would like to see a magic trick."

Tallytrev813
2019-05-18, 12:19 PM
Dillon helps bring the woman inside and sets her down, then takes his quarterstaff and turns to the crowd, "Is there anyone who can help? She's hurt pretty bad..."