PDA

View Full Version : Light Armour Master

Sparky McDibben
2019-05-14, 07:35 PM
Why isn't this a thing? And how would you implement it?

Obermax
2019-05-14, 08:01 PM
So heavy armor master - gives damage reduction - I envision it's something along the lines of turning with a blow / rolling with a punch - the character gains the ability to blunt enemy attacks by fully utilizing his heavy armor

Medium armor master - allows the player to gain additional dex bonus as well as sneak in ordinarily clunky armor - I don't think this actually translates much into an actual real world example outside the character has just become so accustomed to wearing medium armor that he can utilize the utmost of the potential range of movement on an intuitive level? Something like that?

Light armor - is armor so light you are essentially wearing regular clothes allowing you your full range of movement in exchange for less protection - in many ways I think this speaks for itself - when it comes to light armor I doubt there is much of any "mastery" to achieve as it's barely armor in the first place - a single shield will allow the exact same protection as an entire suit of studded leather - my honest thoughts is that monks and barbarians are the "light armor masters" in that they don't need to wear armor plain and simple - the major correlation I see is tied to freedom of movement and by it's nature light armor is already at it's peak (:

Lunali
2019-05-14, 08:02 PM
I would probably do it as a bonus to dex saves or +1 AC while wearing light armor.

stoutstien
2019-05-14, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't add an AC bonus with any such feat. Light armor is already too good IMO in comparison to heavy/medium. Iight armor users have a ton of feats to pick from as is. Skulker, athletic, defensive duelist, and mobile all come to mind

MaxWilson
2019-05-14, 08:32 PM
Why isn't this a thing? And how would you implement it?

I feel like you just answered your own question there: there's no concept there.

OldTrees1
2019-05-14, 08:52 PM
Light Armor Mastery:
You are so used to wearing Light Armor that you can treat yourself as unarmored.
Increase Strength, Dexterity, xor Constitution by +1.

You still can't stack light armor with unarmored defense, but you can wear that nice magical leather while doing kung fu.

Potato_Priest
2019-05-14, 09:21 PM
Light Armor Mastery:
You are so used to wearing Light Armor that you can treat yourself as unarmored.
Increase Strength, Dexterity, xor Constitution by +1.

You still can't stack light armor with unarmored defense, but you can wear that nice magical leather while doing kung fu.

So, a feat that does nothing if you’re not a monk?

Unless it doesn’t require proficiency, in which case it’s quite good for those without armor proficiency.

Yakk
2019-05-14, 09:26 PM
Lightly Armored Dodge: Requires you to be unarmored or wearing light armor. As a reaction you can cause an attack that hits you to reroll its attack roll with disadvantage, or reroll a failed dex saving throw with advantage. You may do this after know the attack hits or save fails, but before you resolve the result of the hit or failed save. You may not use this ability again until you complete a short or long rest.

TripleD
2019-05-14, 09:36 PM
So, a feat that does nothing if you’re not a monk?

Barbarians too. With this feat you can add your CON to your AC, which could be quite a huge bump considering Barbarians can theoretically get it to +7.

In all honesty though I think there should be a single feat called “Armor Master”. Choose one kind of armor (light, medium, or heavy) and you get 3 damage reduction while wearing that kind of armor.