PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar II: The Rap Feud (Recruitment)

Raistlin1040
2007-10-04, 06:20 PM
It's a fairly normal day in the Hard Rock Hotel. The bands are crashing for a night before continueing their tour for the Save the Environment campaign. But little do they know that in the same hotel resides the scum of the earth. Rappers. Rappers with guns and a hobby of shooting those that play better music then them (IE Everyone)

The Roles

Slash (Baner): Slash plays an intense guitar solo all night, the likes of which are not meant for mortals. Or rappers. His uber shredding solos can protect one person per night.

Jimi Hendrix (Seer): Jimi Hendrix can use his soulful tunes to ask the mighty gods of rock to reveal to him the role of any player each night.

Bands (Masons): Instead of Masons, Rockstar has Bands. Every player without a special role is in a band. A band consists of 3-5 members who all know each other. Due to this, there are no villagers in Rockstar.

50 Cent (Alpha Wolf): 50 Cent or Fiddy as he likes to be called is a leading rapper. When he heard about the Bands coming to the hotel, he handpicked the rappers to prepare an assault. He is always scried as a Bandmember.

Rappers (Werewolves): The rappers are rapping, shooting, foul-mouthed lowlifes. They dislike good music, and are always happy to "Pop a cap" in some "(Expletive deleted) rockers"

Eminem (Devil): Eminem is a jerk. He kidnapped the Hotel Clerk and stole the guest list. He can look at it once per night to find out the roles of other players.

Roadie (Fool): The Roadie picked up a little guitar skill watching lessons on VH1 and believes he is Jimi Hendrix. He can scry one person a night, with random results.

Sonny and Cher (Lovers): Sonny and Cher were two hosts of the Save the Environment tour, and now are fighting to survive. They are always together, and if one dies, so does the other.

Players: 24

I'm Da Rogue
Almighty Salmon
Fleeing Coward
Travelling Angel
Raiser Blade
Khalden
Thanatos
BloddyRedCommie
Korias
Dragonprime
Zar Peter
Androgial
Helgraf
Therarde
Orzel
Neodan
Trix
Freshmeat
Atreyu
Onasuma
Flying Elephant
Mustadio
Crystal Myr
Emporer Demonking

I'm da Rogue!
2007-10-04, 06:23 PM
I'm in and waiting for the rules then:smalltongue:

Raistlin1040
2007-10-04, 06:24 PM
It's a werewolf game. 1 sec and I'll dredge up the standard WW rules.

Almighty Salmon
2007-10-04, 06:26 PM
Count me in! The last one was a blast.

Raistlin1040
2007-10-04, 06:28 PM
Contains large amounts of text!

The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.
There's a day phase that happens from dawn til dausk in game. This period lasts 48 hours. During this time all the players try to decide who the bad guys are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text. Whoever has the most votes after 48 hours is removed from the game.
The next phase is the night phase, which lasts from dusk til dawn. This phase lasts 24 hours. During this phase, anyone that has a special action to perform during that time does so via PM to the narrators. This is the phase of the game where the wolves would tell the narrators who they would like to kill.

After time's up, the narrators will post the opening of the following Day Scene and it starts all over again.
This continues until either A) all of the Wolves are destroyed by the Villagers -or- B) the Wolves reduce the total number of non-wolf players to equal their own.

This is just a brief overview of the rules.
See below for the original rules by DungeonMaster77 or go to a game thread for individual games' specific rules.

You have any given number of players, and as soon as I get enough for the current round, I will begin. I (or whomever the co-Narrator is) will PM each player with their role, which will be one of the following, determined randomly, without regard to what they have played in the past:

Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves. Counts, obviously, as a villager.

Seer: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and may be accused of being the Devil, or even possibly the fool. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be villager, fool, or werewolf. Seers see the Devil as a Werewolf.

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. PM the narrator with your vote on whom to kill. The Narrator will PM you with whomever is the other werewolf (or werewolves) is (or are), so you can coordinate a vote, and send the narrator your final vote. You, obviously, count as a werewolf. If there is a tie between the werewolves, that the lycanthropes cannot resolve (as to who will be killed), simply PM the Narrator and co-Narrator, and one of us will be the tie breaker. As we are all mature adults here, we hope that it will never come to this rare happenstance.

Now, this is the minimum cast of characters. We will be playing with a slightly added cast:

Mason: Your job is to ferret out the werewolves, and to protect your fellow Mason(s). There will always be a minimum of 2 Masons in a group. Your votes count as villagers.

Fool: Thinks he is a seer. Is told that he is a seer. When a fool gets his foresight; in the evening, he gets a random chance as to what he sees when he points somebody out. When he points to the Seer, he will always see the Fool, and visa versa. Counts as a villager

Baner: This person is the carrier of the wolvesbane. His job is to protect someone he believes is a villager, from the nightly killings of the werewolves. Counts as a villager.

Devil: Is basically the seer for the werewolves. Counts as a werewolf.

You may recall, I spoke several times about a counting as a [insert position here] and votes. Well, it is simple. Once the majority has voted for one person, that person is lynched. Night falls, and it begins again. The lynched person is out, and can make comments, but nothing that could influence a vote. When a lynching happens, it is revealed as to which position the person was. After this, night falls, morning follows, and it begins again...

Victory Conditions:

For the villagers to win, the villagers must kill all of the werewolves.

For the werewolves to win, they must simply reduce the number of villagers to equal their current numbers.

Things to keep in mind:
Yes, werewolves may lie about being the seer.
Yes, werewolves can (and have, in my experience) kill the Devil.
Yes, Masons get killed for protecting a Brother mason, as some may see it as a werewolf protecting another werewolf.

Keep in mind not all these rules apply to my game, but most do.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-04, 07:19 PM
In
Points at the Salmon

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-04, 08:20 PM
Was fun last time. In.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-04, 08:55 PM
NonimatemeforfighterIntheplayground.

Khaldan
2007-10-04, 09:48 PM
In. LET ME BE A WOLF!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-04, 11:05 PM
Okay, I get it. I'll finally give in and play a WW game.

In.

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-05, 12:27 AM
Alright, if I'm the Alpha, recruit Khaldan...

Raistlin1040
2007-10-05, 11:54 PM
In. LET ME BE A WOLF!

Never! *deploys anti-Khalden troops*

BRC
2007-10-05, 11:58 PM
I'm In, for one purpose...to ROCK YOUR WORLD!

Korias
2007-10-06, 06:21 AM
At least there arent any hicks.... In.

Castaras
2007-10-06, 06:57 AM
KILL THE RAPPING *******s!

In.

Just so I can kill them.

DraPrime
2007-10-06, 08:20 AM
I'm in. But for the love of god don't make me a rapper.

Raistlin1040
2007-10-06, 09:53 AM
Updated players.

Zar Peter
2007-10-06, 05:30 PM
In please! Random team!

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-06, 08:47 PM
*Adds Castaras to recruit list*

EvilJames
2007-10-07, 02:54 AM
I'm sensing copious amounts of unnecessary rap hate here, but plenty of necessary Eminem and 50 cent hate. I'll just watch this one to see how it goes.

Raistlin1040
2007-10-07, 06:33 PM
Hmm. I asked Alarra to move this SG, but I guess she forgot. So *bump*

Vespe Ratavo
2007-10-07, 11:07 PM
I am so in this game I'm almost out of it.
Or something of that nature.

And this time there's the added benefit of killing rappers! :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2007-10-08, 04:27 AM
I can't really play this one - in too many games.

Don't forget that you need to add the rules that any rockstar who publically declares his band or other band members dies automatically, otherwise there still exists that flaw in the rules. Actually, I think you also ought to make it that any band members named also die. Otherwise each band sacrifices one band member to make a public announcement, they then die revealing themselves as truthful, and before any voting happens, the rappers are already known.

I think this probably ought to extend to such statements as "I know for a fact that Khaldan is innocent because he's in my band" or any unsubtle hint equivalents.

androgial
2007-10-08, 04:35 AM
in and ill see you all on the dark side of the moon

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-08, 04:44 AM
Eminem (Devil): Eminem is a jerk.

this was relative to interests, but now it is not.:mad:

Helgraf
2007-10-08, 11:15 AM
I'm in, sure.

Castaras
2007-10-08, 11:17 AM
Backing out.

Don't want another "Random point all the time" game.

Sorry guys.

Good luck with killing the rappers.

Therarde
2007-10-08, 03:51 PM
YES!!! If we couldn't take out country music, we can at least kill rap. Definitely in.

Orzel
2007-10-08, 05:06 PM
As a Brooklynite, I'm obligated to join.

DraPrime
2007-10-08, 05:07 PM
YES!!! If we couldn't take out country music, we can at least kill rap. Definitely in.

Hopefully this time we don't accidentally lynch Slash. That was embarrassing.

Neodan282
2007-10-08, 06:32 PM
In, and don't lynch one of my band members when my other one was killed last night! I don't want to die the same way twice!

Raistlin1040
2007-10-08, 10:18 PM
I am so in this game I'm almost out of it.
Or something of that nature.

And this time there's the added benefit of killing rappers! :smallbiggrin:

Hey Vespe. Would you be up for being a co-narrorator?

Also, If I haven't put your name on the player's list, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because I do it every few days, and add a lot of people, instead of editting it as soon as someone posts.

Trix
2007-10-09, 12:27 PM
I'm in! Sounds really good!

Raistlin1040
2007-10-10, 08:47 PM
Closing recruitment in...let's go with a nice even 48 hours.

Freshmeat
2007-10-10, 11:21 PM
Joining up!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-12, 11:42 PM
Raistlin did a great job with te last one. I'll play,but I'm really at my limit, so until I'm dead in a few more, I'll be at a minimum usefullnesssss in this one.

You've been warned.

Raistlin1040
2007-10-13, 12:09 AM
I'd like to have 5 more players, so I'll let recruitment run for...the rest of the weekend I guess.

onasuma
2007-10-13, 05:30 AM
Im in. Filler of doom commands thee

Vespe Ratavo
2007-10-13, 11:41 PM
Co-Narrator? Sure.

My one condition is that I get to write at least one death scene. :smallbiggrin:

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-13, 11:55 PM
^Even if it is a direct ripoff of yours last game?:smalltongue:

Flying Elephant
2007-10-14, 01:41 PM
Well... The last one was so much fun, so I guess I'm in.

Mustiado
2007-10-14, 05:39 PM
I just found out that the WW game I thought I joined wasn't a WW game. So I'm in. ?:)

Crystall_Myr
2007-10-14, 10:26 PM
In, if you still have spots open.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-15, 12:20 PM
If thiers room I'm in.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-10-17, 09:28 PM
Roles are being sent out as we speak.

Goo goo g'joob.

Raistlin1040
2007-10-17, 09:42 PM
OK. Roles sent out. Please PM Vespe and I if you did not get a role. Also, Vespe, you want to write our Death scene? It'd be good practice. We could be Led Zeppelin. I get to be Jimmy Page. You can be Robert Plant though. If you want to, PM it to me, I'll edit it, and then post it in the thread.

DraPrime
2007-10-17, 09:44 PM
What? Led Zepplin will die first? Why must the narrators be so cruel?

Raistlin1040
2007-10-17, 09:49 PM
Only the good (bands) die young.

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-17, 11:16 PM
So what are the bands this time? *Twilight Zone Noise*

Actually, I don't want to know.

DraPrime
2007-10-19, 03:48 PM
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, when do we start?

Raistlin1040
2007-10-19, 04:49 PM
Probably tomorrow.

Raistlin1040
2007-10-20, 10:26 AM
Thread up!

I'm da Rogue!
2007-10-20, 10:29 AM
Hate ya.:smallfurious:

Led Zep is my favourite band.

Jimmy? And Robert?:smallfrown: :smallfrown: Whyyy?:smallfrown:

DraPrime
2007-10-20, 10:35 AM
I feel your pain Rogue, I really do. In tribute I direct you all to Stairway to Heaven (http://youtube.com/watch?v=lKg4g9zMeHI).