PDA

View Full Version : Paladin hexblade multi help

Whit
2019-05-15, 12:05 PM
What’s better for a paladin warlock multi class
And is there a difference to bladekock, palillock hexadin if they are all paladin vengeance with hexblade

We know charisma is a must and for hexblade will be your attack damage table.
And Paladin lvl 1 to get medium to heavy armor based on strength or dexterity build
So is dexterity or strength better or does it really matter
Strength (15) needed gives plate armor 18 AC
Dexterity dex bonus +2 AC 17 1/2 plate or 19 with shield., save bonus and initiative bonus

lvl 1 has to be paladin to give you the armor of medium heavy and better weapons.

all paladin are vengeance.
What are the pro cons of going
1 lvl hexblade 19 paladin
2. Lvl 14 hexblade and Paladin 6 gives 2 attacks saves bonus to party and spells
3. Lvl 14 or 15 paladin lvl 6 or 5 hexblade
4. ? Am I missing a better combo lvl

ChildofLuthic
2019-05-15, 01:08 PM
You'll need STR 13 to multiclass out of paladin, so I would make it a strength build. STR 15 to eventually get Plate Armor, CHA up to 20 eventually. I'd start 1 level of paladin for heavy armor, then one level of hexblade to stop worrying about strength, then paladin up to 6 or maybe 7 if you're going oath of the ancients. You would also need to be using a sword and shield, since you can't use CHA with two handed weapons for that plan.

Alternatively Paladin 2 (for heavy armor and smite), then hexblade will let you use CHA with two handed weapons and give you more warlock-y goodness.

Whit
2019-05-15, 01:27 PM
But does improved hex blade invocation change that to two handed weapons

Keravath
2019-05-15, 08:22 PM
But does improved hex blade invocation change that to two handed weapons

No. However, pact of the blade at level 3 warlock allows you to summon any melee weapon including heavy and two handed ones to be used as your pact weapon. The improve pact weapon invocation will make it a +1 weapon. All the hex warrior features apply to your pact weapon as well as the bound weapon.