PDA

View Full Version : Non human half-elf

keeper2161
2019-05-15, 03:52 PM
So my character is a half elf with with the mixed blood trait. I choose plant. So my background is his mother was a dryad and his father was a drow. How long would he live for? Should I base it off of the elf?

denthor
2019-05-15, 03:55 PM
If your not going to play over 250 year game time barely matters. Is your character going to be advanced an age category? My question would be do I get knowledge local history for free. After all your character lived though it.

Psyren
2019-05-15, 03:56 PM
Where is this trait from? I'm seeing a third party Heritage feat by that name, in Pathfinder anyway.

I would just make you an elf with a template - the lifespan is long enough that it could cover a variety of combinations.

Spore
2019-05-15, 05:11 PM
Usually such a union defaults in a lifespan on the middle ground between both races. It's just that the middleground between a number and infinity is hard to calculate. I personally would go for the life span of an half-elf, and maybe just throw in that the doesn't become slower just a few years before its "his end".

In the same vein, maybe have his strength and con stay the same, he just becomes slower, in the same vein he just gets wiser (+1 bonus to wisdom, -1/-2/-3 penalty to dexterity).