PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Maximise and Shivering Touch

TalonOfAnathrax
2019-05-16, 02:47 AM
If I use Sudden Maximise on my Shivering Touch, does that mean that each touch deals 18 damage? Or only the first one?

And could I theoretically take Sudden Maximise several times to be able to use it several times per day ?

Troacctid
2019-05-16, 03:35 AM
If I use Sudden Maximise on my Shivering Touch, does that mean that each touch deals 18 damage? Or only the first one?
There's only one touch.

And could I theoretically take Sudden Maximise several times to be able to use it several times per day ?
Yes.

TalonOfAnathrax
2019-05-18, 05:21 AM
There's only one touch.
I thought that the duration meant that you could make multiple attacks. Is that wrong?
I'm aware that the spell is poorly written, by the way. But working with what we have, shouldn't it allow for several turns' worth of attacks?

Yes.
Thank you.

DeTess
2019-05-18, 06:39 AM
I thought that the duration meant that you could make multiple attacks. Is that wrong?
I'm aware that the spell is poorly written, by the way. But working with what we have, shouldn't it allow for several turns' worth of attacks?

No, it lacks any text suggesting that you get more attacks than usual. Compare with the wording of chill touch (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/chillTouch.htm). The duration might either refer too the amount of time you could hold the charge, or the amount of time the dex damage lasts, or it might refer to nothing at all.