PDA

View Full Version : Optimization The Greatest Performer

SpicyBoi_Nezu
2019-05-16, 08:38 AM
I had the concept of making a bard, taking the flaws Frivolous Performer & Arcane Performer, to gain two feats, taking only spells that might assist in my performances, and maxing out charisma.

The main goal, is to get as high Perform as possible, and optimize bardic music. I really don't care too much about the casting of spells, or combat in general, because we are in a less combat heavy campaign, and already have two full spell-casters.

His name shall be: Dudley Dinkles, Diddler Extraordinaire, and he shall be the greatest diddler anyone might ever see.

MisterKaws
2019-05-16, 04:15 PM
Perform(Weapon Drill) gives you a basically free untyped +15(your BAB) to its checks. Might be worth it.

SirNibbles
2019-05-17, 12:38 PM
Perform(Weapon Drill) gives you a basically free untyped +15(your BAB) to its checks. Might be worth it.

"Apply half your base attack bonus (rounded down) as a circumstance bonus on Perform (weapon drill) checks."

"A bard cannot use Perform (weapon drill) checks to perform his bardic music abilities (inspire courage, fascinate, and so on)."

edit: Complete Warrior, page 122

___

edit 2:

Even with my previous concerns, you might be able to pull it off with the Songblade (Arms and Equipment Guide, page 117).

"Every move made with this +1 rapier fills the air with sweet sounds...The blade is scored in a beautiful, intricate pattern, and air moving across this magic etching generates the music of the songblade."

By RAW it doesn't have anything that would override the limitation of Perform (Weapon Drill) that prevents it from being used for Bardic Music, but I think a DM could be lenient.