PDA

View Full Version : Best save or suck/save or die/no save spells

Mrark
2019-05-16, 09:37 AM
Yikes, i know it might not be very restrictive. I am not a really very optimized wizard (following a standard wiz5 inc10 archmage5 build, with all the broken stuff being forbidden or heavy nerfed). Actually lvl 14, going for 15. 34 int, spell focus transmutation, Max, quickened spells with easy metamagic, extended spells, spell focus:transmutation.
Asking this because I kinda have the feeling that our DM wants to kill me pretty bad, so I’d want everything powerful I can achieve. Basically if you know good spells of any level, write them here (a list of useful low level spells is accepted)
Thanks everyone :D

Vizzerdrix
2019-05-16, 09:52 AM
Launch bolt.

Mike Miller
2019-05-16, 11:19 AM
Best save or die

Launch bolt
Well played, Vizzerdrix

Mrark
2019-05-16, 03:30 PM
:( What is it?

Vizzerdrix
2019-05-16, 04:28 PM
Mike gets it. Use bolts loaded with poisons, and enchanted to the nines with every nasty thing you can get. Im positive Ive seen arrows that induce saves or be screwed. Spell storing, if nothing else.

Take all of those bolts. Load up a few quivers, then metamagic the heck out of launch blot. Reach, twinned, chained, etc. Now, bombard you target with a volley or two of death in both magical and mundane forms.

RoboEmperor
2019-05-16, 04:30 PM
Polymorph Any Object the ground into quicksand. No-save die.

Vizzerdrix
2019-05-16, 04:36 PM
Polymorph Any Object the ground into quicksand. No-save die.

Oooh! Into silica dust! He will drop like a stone. :smallwink:

animewatcha
2019-05-17, 01:17 AM
Does anyone have a link to that old thread that tried to do as many magic missiles as possible in one round?

Mike Miller
2019-05-17, 07:14 AM
Does anyone have a link to that old thread that tried to do as many magic missiles as possible in one round?

I don't, but just as a quick thought process...
Arcane thesis Magic Missile, quicken, twin, repeat, empower, maximize with as much Easy metamagic as possible and Incantatrix for more metamagic reduction.

Add force missile mage for more missiles.