PDA

View Full Version : How would you portray Maleficant?

Collin152
2007-10-04, 07:11 PM
As speaks the title, so do I. If you were to place Maleficant in a game, what class/level/spells would you bestow upon her? The movie version, that is, not the version from Kingdom Hearts. She seems a little less wise in that version.
Forget not Diablo, her Raven Familiar, as you ponder.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-04, 07:28 PM
You mean Maleficient? I think a dread necromancer, or a warlock might be appropiate, though it's open to question.

Collin152
2007-10-04, 07:43 PM
Yes, there's the spelling.
She really diddn't command any undead, did she? And she could turn into a dragon...

HidaTsuzua
2007-10-04, 07:45 PM
From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maleficent):

Maleficent is responsible for "all misfortune that befalls King Stefan's kingdom." (King Stefan is the father of Princess Aurora.) Maleficent also possesses a range of magical powers and artifacts, such as using the crystal ball on her army to taunt Prince Philip with images of a bleak future. She also casts spells, such as inflicting Aurora with a curse of death (weakened to a curse of sleep by the good fairy Merryweather), creating thunderstorms, sending frosts, projecting lightning, teleporting, and changing shapes. Some of Maleficent's forms in the film were that of a spinning wheel, a Will o' the wisp, and a dragon.

Her pet raven (called Diablo), and her goons, an army of inept goblin henchmen, carried out most of her orders for her. She was slain by the sword of Prince Philip, after one final enchantment from Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather drove it directly into her heart. She fell to the ground. Nothing was left of her but her cloak with the sword still in it.

So she's a spellcaster. She's cast control weather (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/controlWeather.htm), lightning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/lightningBolt.htm), and changed shape from spinning wheel, will o' the wisp and dragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorphAnyObject.htm). All that leaves is the curse of death. Bestow Curse (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bestowCurse.htm) is too weak sadly. I think she paid out the XP for wish. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wish.htm) Based on the spells cast, she likely was either a 18+ level sorcerer or a 17+ level wizard.

Edit- As for the goblins, she took leadership at some point. Though I don't know who the cohort is.

Behold_the_Void
2007-10-04, 07:50 PM
From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maleficent):

So she's a spellcaster. She's cast control weather (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/controlWeather.htm), lightning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/lightningBolt.htm), and changed shape from spinning wheel, will o' the wisp and dragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorphAnyObject.htm). All that leaves is the curse of death. Bestow Curse (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bestowCurse.htm) is too weak sadly. I think she paid out the XP for wish. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wish.htm) Based on the spells cast, she likely was either a 18+ level sorcerer or a 17+ level wizard.

Edit- As for the goblins, she took leadership at some point. Though I don't know who the cohort is.

Villains don't take Leadership, especially for ineffective minions. They just have them.

Debihuman
2007-10-04, 07:59 PM
Here is how I portrayed Maleficent:

Maleficent

Half Hex Dragon 13th level Human Sorceress, 2nd level Fallen Fairy Godmother*
Medium Dragon (Augmented Human)
Hit Dice: 15d6 (55 hit points)
Initiative: +6 (+1 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Fly 60 ft (poor)
Armor Class: 15 (+4 natural +1 Ring of Protection), touch 11, flat-footed 15
BAB/Grapple: +7/+6
Attack: Bite+6 melee (1d6-1) and 2 claws+1 melee (1d4-1)
Full Attack: Bite+6 melee (1d6-1) and 2 claws+1 melee (1d4-1)
Space/Reach: 5ft. /5ft
Special Attacks: Bestow baby’s bane, breath weapon, retributive curse (sickness or agony), spell-like abilities, spells
Special Qualities: Aging well, alter self, dark vision 60 ft., familiar, flight, vile resistance
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +13
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 18
Skills: Appraise +5, Bluff +9, Concentration +9, Craft (woodworking) +4, Disguise +14, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (Nature) +7, Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) +7, Listen +3**, Search +6, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7, Spot +3**
Feats: AlertnessB**,Brew Potion, Combat Casting, Craft Rod, Create Wand, Improved Initiative, Leadership
Environment: Any (she has a grand palace but is always looking to take over someone else’s)
Organization: Solitary (Unique)
Challenge Rating: 18
Treasure: Triple Standard
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Advancement: Per Class
Level Adjustment: +3

*The Fairy Godmother is my homebrewed class. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5674006&postcount=1

Designer Notes:
Maleficent started with elite array (8, 10, 12, 13, 14, and 15), +4 points for level, she also began with 6 hit points at first level as an elite NPC. She gains the Alertness feat while in the presence of her familiar. She also gains +2 to her saves from her cloak of resistance +2. Maleficent gains the following skills from her familiar: +3 appraise.

"Now shall you deal with me, O Prince, and all the powers of Hell!"

Maleficent’s draconic parentage is readily apparent from the horns on her head to her unhealthy pallor, and her love for corruption, betrayal and decay. She cruelly manipulates those around her. She covets power in all its forms. Maleficent speaks Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Infernal and Undercommon.

Maleficent also possesses a range of magical powers and artifacts, which allow her to do such things as use the crystal ball on her staff to taunt Prince Philip with images of a bleak future. She also casts spells, such as inflicting Aurora with a curse of death (weakened to a curse of sleep by the good fairy, Merryweather), creating thunderstorms, sending frosts, projecting lightning, teleporting, and changing shapes. Some of Maleficent's forms in the film were that of a spinning wheel, a Will o' the wisp, and a dragon. Maleficent was often surrounded by eerie green flames; in the final battle she cries "Now shall you deal with me, O Prince, and all the powers of Hell!" implying that she had phenomenal powers of evil at her disposal, even providing viewers with a demonstration by subsequently transforming into a tremendous black-and-purple dragon. Her pet raven, Diablo, and her army of inept goblin henchmen carried out most of her orders for her.

Aging Well (Ex): Like other fairy godmothers, Maleficent gets no penalties for aging after middle age. Due to her evil nature, however, her skin has taken on an unhealthy green tone and she is rather gaunt.

Alter Self (Sp): As a fairy godmother, Maleficent gains the ability to alter self once per day. In addition, she may shrink or grow by two sizes. Maleficent is too vain to alter her true appearance in public. However, she has been known to disguise herself using this ability.

Bestow Baby’s Bane (Sp): Any baby whom an evil fairy godmother oversees is given prophecy that foretells a curse that will take place when the child turns 16. Some of these curses are so potent that they turn into family curses (such as turning into a frog) that can be passed down through the generations. Others can have fatal consequences. Unfortunately, the only person who can remove the curse is the fairy godmother who lay in the first place. Such enchantments can be mitigated by higher-ranking fairy godmothers who will earn the enmity of the first.

Breath Weapon (Su): Maleficent has a breath weapon, a 60-foot line of putrid venom, once per day, which does 1d6 points of Constitution damage on a failed Fortitude Save (DC 16)

Familiar: Diablo the Raven gives Maleficent +3 on appraise. Diablo speaks Infernal. He has 27 hit points, Int of 13, a natural armor adjustment of +8 and a spell resistance as a 20th level caster.

**Alertness (Ex): While her familiar is within arm’s reach, Maleficent gains the Alertness feat. She gains +2 bonus to Spot and Listen skills.

Improved Evasion (Ex): When subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, a familiar takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw and half damage even if the saving throw fails.

Share Spells: Maleficent may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) she casts on herself also affect her familiar. Diablo must be within 5 feet at the time of casting to receive the benefit.

If the spell or effect has a duration other than instantaneous, it stops affecting the familiar if it moves farther than 5 feet away and will not affect the familiar again even if it returns to the master before the duration expires. Additionally, Maleficent may cast a spell with a target of "You" on Diablo (as a touch range spell) instead of on herself.

Maleficent and her familiar can share spells even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the familiar’s type (magical beast).

Empathic Link (Su): Maleficent has an empathic link with her familiar out to a distance of up to 1 mile. She cannot see through the familiar’s eyes, but they can communicate empathically. Because of the limited nature of the link, only general emotional content can be communicated.

Because of this empathic link, Maleficent has the same connection to an item or place that her familiar does.

Deliver Touch Spells (Su): Diablo can deliver touch spells for her. If Maleficent and her familiar are in contact at the time Maleficent casts a touch spell, she can designate Diablo as the "toucher." Diablo can then deliver the touch spell just as Maleficent could. As usual, if Maleficent casts another spell before the touch is delivered, the touch spell dissipates.

Speak with Master (Ex): Diablo and Maleficent can communicate verbally as if they were using a common language. Other creatures do not understand the communication without magical help.

Speak with Animals of Its Kind (Ex): Diablo can communicate with animals of approximately the same kind as itself (including dire varieties): Such communication is limited by the intelligence of the conversing creatures. Diablo can speak with normal and dire avians (sparrows to eagles).

Spell Resistance (Ex): Maleficent’s familiar gains spell resistance equal to her level + 5. To affect the familiar with a spell, another spellcaster must get a result on a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) that equals or exceeds the familiar’s spell resistance.

Scry on Familiar (Sp): Maleficent may scry on her familiar (as if casting the scrying spell) once per day.

Flight (Su): Due to her background as a fairy godmother, Maleficent has gained the ability to fly. Small black draconic wings matching her cloak appear at her back when she uses this ability.

Retributive Curse (Su): Maleficent has learned to channel her pain and anger into terrible retributive magic; many foes who succeed in wounding her find themselves wishing that they could take back the blow. On any round in which she is injured (taking a hit point or ability damage) Maleficent may curse on of her opponents who injured her as a free action with either Sickness: Target is sickened for 1d4 rounds or Agony: Target is crippled by agonizing pain (treat as nauseated) for 1d4 rounds.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): At Will—deathwatch, 3/day—suggestion.

Spells Known: 0 level: Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Detect Poison, Detect Magic, Daze, Magic Missile, Mending, Message, Open/Close; 1st level: Alarm, Cause Fear, Protection from Good, Shield, Identify; 2nd level: Command Undead, Levitate, Pyrotechnics, Darkness, Misdirection; 3rd level: Summon Monster III, Nondetection, Arcane Sight, Fireball, Dispel Magic; 4th level: Charm monster, Polymorph, Phantasmal Killer, Bestow Curse; 5th level: Baleful Polymorph, Dismissal, Planar Binding Lesser, Dominate Person; 6th level: Mislead, Create Undead, Chain Lightning; 7th level: Teleport Greater, Finger of Death

{table]Level|# Known spells|# Spells Maleficent can cast*|DC of Spells
0| 9 |6| 14
1st| 5| 7|15
2nd |5 |7 |16
3rd| 5|7| 17
4th| 4| 7|18
5th|4|6|19
6th|3|6| 20
7th|2|4|21[/table]

*Includes bonus spells for high Charisma.

The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a sorcerer’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the sorcerer’s Charisma modifier.

Vile Resistance (Ex): Maleficent receives a +4 bonus on saves versus death effects, enchantment spells, and spells and effects that deal negative energy damage. She is immune to disease and poison.

Possessions: Rod of thunder and lightening, ring of protection +1, staff of frost, crystal ball with telepathy, wand of darkness, Maleficent’s cloak is a +2 Cloak of resistance

Debby

BardicDuelist
2007-10-04, 09:25 PM
^^Spoiler please.

Nice job though. I might change some things around and use it as a villan.

doliest
2007-10-04, 09:36 PM
Ooh, we should stat all the decent disney villians, maybe make a disney setting, I mean that would be pretty fun(ny).:smallamused:

Lets see, who could be good for stating, there is always hook, he is pretty easy, I mean rogue/dread pirate.
Any others anyone can think of?

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-04, 09:46 PM
Jafar? But he's kinda hard to stat, and we'd need to sets of statistics, one before he's a genie, one after.

Rockphed
2007-10-04, 09:50 PM
Jafar needs stating out in both his human and genie forms.

doliest
2007-10-04, 10:02 PM
3 Actually, before the genie at all he doesn't seem to have magic abilitys, just a bird& what is probably a magical staff, his magical powers come in once he gets the lamp(And you know basically shows that he has no wisdom score.) He makes himself a sorcerer, then a genie, but we can skip normal part.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-04, 10:05 PM
Ya, you be rightey. And another villain to stat would be any of the pirates of the caribbean, since they aren't all the same (barbossa looks like a swashbuckler, but davy jones is more magicky).

Weirdlet
2007-10-04, 10:23 PM
He's not very magical or even humanoid, but I would *love* to see Scar statted out. Some sort of evil diplomacy-and-minions build. Definitely Leadership, I think.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-04, 10:29 PM
Jafar's human form is easy enough: He's a regular guy with a staff that can be used to cast some sort of enchantment effect. The tricky part is figuring out what it casts. Dominate won't work, since it lasts for such a brief amount of time and the Sultan doesn't seem to know he's been affected. Suggestion's too subtle. Perhaps some modified form of Hypnotism?

As far as class goes, I'd call him a Human Expert with max ranks in Use Magic Device and Knowledge (Arcana). High Int, Good Cha, Oh-So-Very-Dumped Wis. Artificer might work as well, if you assume he built the staff and developed the smoke bomb. I'm not sure where Iago comes in. Perhaps he UMD'd a scroll of Awaken?

Xefas
2007-10-04, 10:40 PM
I vote for Negaduck and Chernobog.

Also, I think Jafar may indeed need Artificer levels. It seems to imply he built that gear-powered scrying machine thing in his lab that let him find Aladdin.

Ghal Marak
2007-10-04, 10:50 PM
I, for one, would like to see Black Pete (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Pete) stated out. :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2007-10-04, 11:08 PM
I vote for Negaduck and Chernobog.

Also, I think Jafar may indeed need Artificer levels. It seems to imply he built that gear-powered scrying machine thing in his lab that let him find Aladdin.

Ooh, I too want Chernobog. I mean, Maleficient only laied claimn to the powers of Hell; Chernobog demonstrated them nightly.

All the disney villains? Let's get a-cracking. I've been humming "Kill the Beast" for the past hour, after all.

Xefas
2007-10-04, 11:20 PM
Ooh, I too want Chernobog. I mean, Maleficient only laied claimn to the powers of Hell; Chernobog demonstrated them nightly.

All the disney villains? Let's get a-cracking. I've been humming "Kill the Beast" for the past hour, after all.

Meh, Gaston would just be a 1st level rogue.

Anyway, do the villains home to the Kingdom Hearts universe count as Disney? I believe I have most of the Nobodies and Heartless stashed away on some hardrive or another.

Collin152
2007-10-04, 11:26 PM
Meh. Personally I count Heartless and Nobodies as being constructs of Square Enix.
'Sides, Gastons gotta be like, Barbarian/Ranger/Rogue, each with a single level.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-04, 11:29 PM
Meh, Gaston would just be a 1st level rogue.

Bear in mind, his power is not just incredible arrogance. There's a reason he's the most popular guy in town. I'd put him at fourth, maybe fifth level. He's still no match for the Beast in a straight fight, of course, but he could take any normal human any day of the week.

How about Ursula? There's bound to be a class out there that revolves around magical contracts.

Xefas
2007-10-04, 11:37 PM
Bear in mind, his power is not just incredible arrogance. There's a reason he's the most popular guy in town. I'd put him at fourth, maybe fifth level. He's still no match for the Beast in a straight fight, of course, but he could take any normal human any day of the week.

How about Ursula? There's bound to be a class out there that revolves around magical contracts.

Just because he can take any normal human doesn't mean he has to be higher than 1st level. A normal human has 1-4 HP. Even if he's only 1st level, if Gaston has a +2 or +3 bonus from strength, he can still deck them with one punch. Add in a high bluff feint followed by a Sneak Attack, which is certainly the kind of thing Gaston would do, in my opinion, and he's doing 4-11 damage with his *fists* and no feats involved.

And he's a hunter, which implies laying in wait and Sneak Attacking animals with a rifle from 30' away, which could also be easily accomplished as a first level rogue.

doliest
2007-10-04, 11:37 PM
Yeah, its called Lawyer(:smallwink: ). No really I can't think of anything that does, but a custom class/spell/ability could work.

I want Pom Poko, it is technically disney......I dare you guys who don't know what that is to search it on wikipedia......no really I do.

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-04, 11:46 PM
I'd just like to say that I love the name Maleficant for a villain.

Names I have used for villains in the past:

Mordeth
Tal Malvolen
Vasishtha
Mirado
Mircalla (cudos if you get that reference)

As regards the OP, I think the witch variant spell list from the DMG works really well to represent Maleficant.

Xefas
2007-10-04, 11:48 PM
I want Pom Poko, it is technically disney......I dare you guys who don't know what that is to search it on wikipedia......no really I do.

O_O

Oh my god!!! That...he's...but...inflated raccoon scrotum! The horror!

Collin152
2007-10-04, 11:50 PM

Hmm... he motivated a village to attack what might be a beast by singing a song. He's a bard.

Starsinger
2007-10-05, 02:28 AM
Hmm... he motivated a village to attack what might be a beast by singing a song. He's a bard.

Not fair! In the Disney Campaign setting it's obvious that anyone can sing songs to inspire people (See: Ursula, Scar, Phil, etc.)

Kurald Galain
2007-10-05, 03:43 AM
He's not very magical or even humanoid, but I would *love* to see Scar statted out. Some sort of evil diplomacy-and-minions build. Definitely Leadership, I think.

Bard might work. He has several ranks in Perform (singing), at any rate. Plus he's a decent fighting type, although not nearly as good as Simba or Mufasa.

Jafar's staff might simply give him +50 on bluff checks.

Xefas
2007-10-05, 02:47 PM
Bard might work. He has several ranks in Perform (singing), at any rate. Plus he's a decent fighting type, although not nearly as good as Simba or Mufasa.

Jafar's staff might simply give him +50 on bluff checks.

I still say rogue fits him best. But, anyway, that's a horrible idea for a staff! Not only could he have simply shouted "You are a rosebush, thus you must give me money!" to everyone and they'd have believed him, but if the PCs ever got the staff from Jafar, that'd be what they would do!

Collin152
2007-10-05, 02:53 PM
Jafar's staff is more ore less some manner of "Staff of Persuasion" or some such, which he "use magic device"-es, being a rogue or bard or spelltheif or something. It uses like, Hyptnotism, Charm Person, Suggestion, less Geas, things like that.
Either that, or he's a low level bard and the staff is just the focus for the spell he casts.

Telonius
2007-10-05, 03:47 PM
O_O

Oh my god!!! That...he's...but...inflated raccoon scrotum! The horror!

Another failed sanity check. I hope you're proud of yourself doliest.
:belkar:

Weirdlet
2007-10-05, 03:56 PM
Yes- in Disney, a level of bard is a given. Call it a bonus feat from one's background.

For Jafar- I'd say he sounds like a wizard to me, studying for his magic and researching, but depending on disguises as well.

GryffonDurime
2007-10-05, 03:59 PM
Cruela DeVille--Fallen Druid?
Mad Madam Mim--Druid.
Shere Khan--tiger Warblade extraordinare.
Ursula--Despite my temptation to use the "Sea Witch" class, Ursula's class is a bit more difficult to discern. Something that can make potions and use Transmutation spells, definately...

...And why has no one even mentioned Hades?

Collin152
2007-10-05, 04:09 PM
`Cause statting Gods is worse torture than all of Tartarus at once.

Pyrokinetist.

GryffonDurime
2007-10-05, 04:10 PM
`Cause statting Gods is worse torture than all of Tartarus at once.

Pyrokinetist.

Everyone always assumes that just because they're called a god you have to use the godly rules.

Hades never did anything that suggests to me that, when translated into Dungeons and Dragons rulesets, demands his status to be divine.

Starsinger
2007-10-05, 04:11 PM
Cruela DeVille--Fallen Druid?
Mad Madam Mim--Druid.
Shere Khan--tiger Warblade extraordinare.
Ursula--Despite my temptation to use the "Sea Witch" class, Ursula's class is a bit more difficult to discern. Something that can make potions and use Transmutation spells, definately...

...And why has no one even mentioned Hades?

Cruela DeVille is an Aristocrat, I don't see her doing any druid stuff. She's definately just an aristocrat.

Shere Khan is a.. tiger?

And yeah, I think Ursula might be a Transmuter, Tauric Human Octopus Transmuter, with Brew Potion.. although if you wanna get really out there, she oculd be a Witch Doctor from the WoW RPG..

Collin152
2007-10-05, 04:14 PM
Sounds about right, but I'd peg ursula as a Sorcerer. She IS very charismatic, you know?

Starsinger
2007-10-05, 04:16 PM
Sounds about right, but I'd peg ursula as a Sorcerer. She IS very charismatic, you know?

Kk.. a sorcerer with brew potion who takes transmutation spells.

Collin152
2007-10-05, 04:18 PM
Yes. While I agree that she should be a-brewin, did she actually make any potions?

doliest
2007-10-05, 04:19 PM
I didn't mention Hades cause' I hate what disney did to a great greek story, but he would probably be a high level cleric of a cause with domains of fire& death.

Collin152
2007-10-05, 04:23 PM
Hey, making new interpretations is just fine if you don't claim to be the originator of the idea.
Maybe we should be getting a few key protagonists too.

Starsinger
2007-10-05, 04:37 PM
Hey, making new interpretations is just fine if you don't claim to be the originator of the idea.
Maybe we should be getting a few key protagonists too.

Well Ariel's a Mermaid Bard.. level 1 or two.

Belle's a level 1 Commoner.

Simba is a lion.

Collin152
2007-10-05, 04:42 PM
Well, I kinda ment like, the three Good Fairys, Zeus, and such.

doliest
2007-10-05, 05:19 PM
Hercules=lv 10 fighter maybe?

Collin152
2007-10-05, 06:19 PM
Eh, he seems a little barbaric, to me.

Weirdlet
2007-10-05, 08:27 PM
I'd call him human with a bloodline, warrior or fighter. Or a celestial with a whole bunch of negative levels.

Starsinger
2007-10-05, 09:54 PM
I'd call him human with a bloodline, warrior or fighter. Or a celestial with a whole bunch of negative levels.

Got it! He's a Cleric with like 30 strength (prolly more) and 9 Wisdom. That part near the end? His wisdom gets boosted long enough for him to DMM cheese up some Divine Power and Righteous Might.

DiscipleofBob
2007-10-05, 11:44 PM
Well, this is just off the top of my head, but...

Maleficent: Half-Fiend Fey Sorcerer 18. Dragonshape should be one of her spells.

Captain Hook: Human Swashbuckler with levels in Dread Pirate and/or Scarlet Corsair

Ursula: Sorcerer. Later Definitely Sea Witch. It was made for her. For race I would pick either Aventi or possibly an Aquatic Hag.

Oogie Boogie: Ooh, now this is tough. I'd have to say some type of HBed demon.

Gaston: Human Ranger/Scout. No prestige classes come to mind.

Hades: Cleric of... himself. Domains Fire and Death

Shan Yu: Barbarian. Possibly Marshal Possibly interpret the huns as half-orcs.

doliest
2007-10-06, 11:23 AM
All the greek gods are to weak to be considered dietys.

Collin152
2007-10-11, 11:50 PM
All the greek gods are to weak to be considered dietys.

In general, or as portrayed by Disney?

doliest
2007-10-12, 12:20 PM
In general, I mean, in mythology they really seem to be high level clerics of causes then anything.

Collin152
2007-10-12, 12:50 PM
Well, that one time they made an island stop moving... and Athena changed a girl into a spider... hrm... well let's see...
Yeah, your right. I mean, if Titans gave them trouble...

SpikeFightwicky
2007-10-12, 12:50 PM
Jafar would have had 3 forms:

1) Vizier: He doesn't actually do any magic, per se, but uses his staff to magic effect. He also makes use of some potions, so I'd suggest an expert with: Craft (Alchemy), Bluff, Knowledge (Arcane), Use Magic Device, Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) -> I suppose you'd need this to be a vizier. He also owns a parrot :smallbiggrin:

2) Most power sorcerer in the world: Title kind of speaks for itself. High level sorceror who has polymorph/shapechange abilties, among others (enough telekinesis to send a tower to the arctic?). Owns a parrot familiar now?

3) Genie: Unlimited cosmic power, itty-bitty living space. Eventually gets smoked when his lamp gets kicked into a lava pit (Disney genies can't survive without their lamp, so it seems). Done in by the afformentioned parrot.

Lapak
2007-10-12, 02:13 PM
In general, I mean, in mythology they really seem to be high level clerics of causes then anything.Well, except for where they went all-out. Or exposed the world to their powers by accident. Or in general.

The chariot of the sun was so powerful it set the world on fire accidentally. They pretty much all had the ability to change the form of mortals at whim, and most of them had the ability to alter their own shapes as well. A mere demigod (at the time) could alter the course of mighty rivers by shifting the very earth with his strength alone. They could drive a specific mortal somewhere in the world mad without leaving Olympus, survive forever and regenerate body parts that were consumed over and over again every day without food or water, transmute to non-physical forms, create extremely elaborate curses that were executed exactly as desired, and slay or imprison the creators of the world.

Oh, and they could do most and/or all of this as infants.

doliest
2007-10-12, 05:54 PM
Well, except for where they went all-out. Or exposed the world to their powers by accident. Or in general.

The chariot of the sun was so powerful it set the world on fire accidentally. They pretty much all had the ability to change the form of mortals at whim, and most of them had the ability to alter their own shapes as well. A mere demigod (at the time) could alter the course of mighty rivers by shifting the very earth with his strength alone. They could drive a specific mortal somewhere in the world mad without leaving Olympus, survive forever and regenerate body parts that were consumed over and over again every day without food or water, transmute to non-physical forms, create extremely elaborate curses that were executed exactly as desired, and slay or imprison the creators of the world.

Oh, and they could do most and/or all of this as infants.

I guess, but you can accomplish that with limited wish, so maybe a custom class that has the wizard spellwish but more specialized, but not actual dietys, since they seem to be to....human wise, since they feel pain, and are immortal because of their food and drink.