PDA

View Full Version : Custom Spell - Storm of Incorporeality

Kyjibo
2007-10-04, 08:20 PM
This is the case of me thinking up something i want to try to do, and then discovering that there isnt something to do it already existing.

Storm of Incorporeality
clouds form and dark bolts of lightning strike dealing 1d4/level to every creature in the affected area. in addition ghostly forms appear and attempt to rip all beings in the area from the material plane. All creatures in the area become incorporeal unless a reflex save is made. if this effect is not removed within 24 hours the affected creatures vanish into the ethereal plane.

the effect can be removed by break enchantment , dispel magic, etcetera

20ft radius area
50ft range +5ft/level

What level should this be? Is there already a spell in existence with simmilar effects? do any parts of it need to be changed to make it better/worse/ more appropriate for a particular spell level?

Thanks for the input!

Xenoti
2007-10-04, 08:26 PM
I'd make it epic

Mewtarthio
2007-10-04, 10:50 PM
I'd make it epic

Why? It doesn't seem particularly epic.

DracoDei
2007-10-05, 02:11 AM
Comparing it to Etherealness (Cleric 9, Wizard/Sorcerer 9) it can affect many more creatures, has a perminant effect. Compared to Plane Shift (Cleric 5, Sorceror/Wizard 7) its only real advantage is accuracy. In either case the creatures are taking damage and there is a delay in reaching the ethereal plane. It can be a nice "Save-or-Suck" that also does a little damage, but it also puts enemies out of reach, which means they can actually sometimes take a little time to regroup before trying to counter the spell since the incorporeal nature adds some defenses (assuming they fail their reflex saves). Does a successful save also halve the damage taken?

All in all I wouldn't consider it Epic level... although I could see arguements for 9th level... at a very rough guess I would say... maybe Cleric 6, Sorceror/Wizard 8.