PDA

View Full Version : characters you want to play

de-trick
2007-10-04, 08:53 PM
not sure in the right spot or not

Has it ever happened to you. When you have a consept of a character that you have to kill your old character just to play it

it happened to me when i watched a vampire movie, i forget the movie but it was with good vampires and one evil one

ended up playing a half-vampire ranger/rogue who fought for undead for lathander

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-04, 08:58 PM
Never. But that's mostly because I've always been happy playing my was-a-Swordsage-but-mastered-all-the-ToB-classes-when-he-went-epic-and-is-now-level-100-and-a-human-paragon Azerian Kelimon/Kelrain.

TRM
2007-10-04, 09:44 PM
I just want to play anything besides my current character (no matter what it is:smallfrown: )
I also have always wanted to be some kind of überawesome character using every splatbook there is. Something like a Zombie monk/swordsage/druid/master of the unseen hand who specializes in destroying celestials underwater. I think that kind of thing would be really fun to play.

...I'm weird, aren't I?

Edit: I guess I wasn't fully on topic, was I.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-04, 09:50 PM
Hmm. What about being a ECL (with half prismatic dragon traits, so it's more than 100 actually) 100 human swordsage/warblade/crusader/master of the nine/human paragon?

Abstruse
2007-10-04, 11:03 PM
*rolls eyes* Color me a little bit more down to earth.

I've had a weird voodoo-esque houngan idea in mind for a couple of days, which kind of jumped off of my idea to build a cleric/warlock/eldritch disciple. Of course, that just has me wondering just what domains each of the more prominent loa might provide...

Waspinator
2007-10-05, 12:23 AM
Well, I've had this idea of using the Warcraft d20 books to make a Dwarven Tinker with a "steamwarrior"-type suit that can turn into a gyrocopter. Maybe mix in some stuff from the "Mechamorphosis" sourcebook, too.

"Heat up your boilers, Autobots, and then transform and roll out!"

Townopolis
2007-10-05, 12:42 AM
-Gnomish warrior with a gnome hooked hammer.
-Gnomish inventor, still trying to homebrew a class for it.
-Gnome with a rifle/heavy repeating crossbow and gadgets, his IC job title would be "troubleshooter." Sort of a Dr. Freeman type character.
-Gnomish prankster, a beguiler with a true devotion to trickery and humor, especially when the two are combined in a good prank.
-Gnomish polearm fighter, it just makes sense they'd use long weapons.
-Gnomish illusionist with maximum ranks in Craft: Artist.

As you can guess, my current active characters are two humans, two half-orcs, and an archon.

The Great Skenardo
2007-10-05, 12:54 AM
I've always had a liking for characters with unusual personalities or quirks.

Now, I don't mean the CN "Ha ha, custard for everyone!" kind of quirk, but, well here:

+An Aged wizard from a far-off empire, full of history, stories, lore, and somewhat alien perspectives. Analogous to a Confucian scholar wandering into Rome, for example.

+A Rogue with a mental problem. Nothing new, right? Well, here's the twist; I'd like to play a ghost rogue. One betrayed (or so he says) long ago by his erstwhile friends and has slowly gone mad. This would be a table-only character, as the particular wild-eyed expressions, facial tics and voice would be conveyable only in person.

+An ass-kicking tough-as-nails female hexblade. Because sometimes you just want to smack some heads and bully people.

+A quarterstaff fighter. There's just something elegant about learning how to beat people up with a walking stick, whether it be via scout, rogue, fighter or monk.

Machete
2007-10-05, 12:54 AM
I always thought it might be fun to play a Barb 1/Scout 1 Catfolk working toward an unarmed + shield build. Mobility and speed tactics.

Progressing the rest of the way in Scout

SoD
2007-10-05, 03:32 AM
There's a few things that have always appealed to me, a wizard who can't cast any spells (sort of a la Rincewind), or a half-ogre ninja, or an epic commoner.

Miraqariftsky
2007-10-05, 06:03 AM
A heavy-crossbow toting rogue for the nigh-ultimate CRACK! one-shot sneak attack

A female dwarf bard as per FRCS. Yes, I'm willing to take the the LA.

A tone deaf bard obsessed singing but sings utterly horribly despite great poetic/literary ability. His singing was so terribly, infernally horrible that the gods placed a curse on him that whenever he sings, storms would brew and plague the land around him shortly thereafter.

A paladin with a spiked chain. Enough said.

The classic lance-and-longsword paladin

Some sort of ringwright wizard...

The classic barbarian with a greathammer...