PDA

View Full Version : Maximize Carrying Capacity

SpicyBoi_Nezu
2019-05-20, 08:20 AM
I understand that a creature's base carrying capacity is based off of their size, as well as their Strength. But is there any way to increase their capacity without just boosting their strength, or increasing their size?

I know that there is the Bags of holding, but I'm not looking for a pocket space, I want to make a character that casually carries around his party members with ease. I also don't like the restrictions on what he can put in a bag of holding, because I'm pretty sure he cant fit objects that surpass the diameter of the opening in the bag.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2019-05-20, 08:50 AM
Belt of the wide earth is an item that doubles carrying capacity.

Other than that, add the tauric template? More legs = more carrying capacity lol

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-05-20, 09:00 AM
I'll quote what I said in another thread recently:

Powerful build to count as a size larger (maybe), combined with the tauric template to add a Large lower body (and with powerful build, counts as Huge), and depending on the second body added, this might make you count as a quadruped. You might need Human Heritage or something to make this combo work, since creatures with powerful build tend to be giants.

The Stuff of Legends feat (from Planescape: Skills & Feats -- official 3.5 content despite being 2nd/3rd party) adds your Con mod to your Str for carrying capacity.

The bearer's yoke (from the Dark Sun 3.5 Campaign Setting, also official in the same vein as above) adds +10 to your effective Str score for carrying capacity.

Muleback cords (PF) adds +8 to your effective Str score.

Improved Encumbrance (DrMag #372) adds +4 to your effective Str score.

The Pack Mule feat (PF) adds +4 to your effective Str score.

The hauling back graft (Fiend Folio) makes you count as a quadruped for carrying capacity, though you can't use your arms for much else.

Burdenless armor (PF) increases your carrying capacity by 1.5x.

The belt of the wide earth (MIC) doubles your carrying capacity. (And since weights are real-world values, they stack properly with things like burdenless armor.)

The Natural Heavyweight feat (Planar Handbook) also doubles carrying capacity (and stacks with other multipliers).

The Well-Equipped feat (d20 Modern, Future Player's Companion, Tomorrow's Foundation) doubles your carrying capacity and reduces speed penalties from being overencumbered.

The ant haul spell (PF) triples your carrying capacity.

The skate power multiplies your ability to push/drag an object by 10x. Casting grease or manifesting psionic grease/ectoplasmic sheen (or using plain oil) might increase this amount significantly. Maybe.

HouseRules
2019-05-20, 09:14 AM
I'll quote what I said in another thread recently:

(Strength +36 + Constitution Modifier) x36 and then the quadruped (another x2) and tauric template is another x2.

Total is around
(Strength +36 + Constitution Modifier) x 144 carry capacity.

Each +5 strength = x2.
(Strength +1 + Constitution Modifier) x144 x32
which is massively
(Strength +1 + Constitution Modifier) x4608

SpicyBoi_Nezu
2019-05-20, 10:22 AM
(Strength +1 + Constitution Modifier) x4608

Assuming around 16 Str + 14 Con = 87552

But what does that number mean? Is that his effective Strength score? If so, how much can he lift?

HouseRules
2019-05-20, 10:49 AM
Assuming around 16 Str + 14 Con = 87552

But what does that number mean? Is that his effective Strength score? If so, how much can he lift?

You have to convert the strength score to the carry capacity before the multiply.

Strength 16
Constitution 14 -> Con Mod = 2

Strength 18 -> 300 pound carry capacity.
x4608 = 1,382,400 pound carry capacity.

Effective Strength is Strength + 36 + Con Mod = 16 + 36 + 2 = 54.