PDA

View Full Version : The Scoundrel: Additions to the Rogue

Justdamohr
2007-10-04, 10:30 PM
Personally I LOVE the ROGUE. I THINK THE ROGUE rocks. The only problem I had with the class was that I felt it was missing some fluffy stuff, you know some tid bits here and there that could make it uber roguish. And also the title rogue didn't sit so well with me only because the class is REALLY DANGEROUS. I mean SNEAK ATTACK. I was playing a game one time right, and I was literally standing there minding my own business and before I could even say hay to another character, I was dropped like a doornail. And you know why? SNEAK ATTACK, darn sneak attack. Well anyway, I love them but I renamed them The Scoundrel cause I think it has more of that dangerous quality to it, it has more of that sense of "I can take you out with shadowy death" ya know? Anyway, NONE of the ORIGINAL CLASS ABILITIES ARE DIFFERENT. I just added fluff which are all listed below. I hope you like them. OH OH OH YES and for you Final Fantasy people out there, you're going to notice a class skill I ABSOLUTELY LOVE. GO RIKKU! Sorry. Enjoy. :smallbiggrin:

The Scoundrel

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills:
Appraise (Int) , Balance (Dex) , Bluff (Cha) , Climb (Str) , Craft (Int) , Decipher Script (Int) , Diplomacy (Cha) , Disable Device (Int) , Disguise (Cha) , Escape Artist (Dex) , Forgery (Int) , Gather Information (Cha) , Hide (Dex) , Intimidate (Cha) , Jump (Str) , Knowledge(local) (Int) , Listen (Wis) , Move Silently (Dex) , Open Lock (Dex) , Perform (Cha) , Profession (Wis) , Search (Int) , Sense Motive (Wis) , Sleight of Hand (Dex) , Spot (Wis) , Swim (Str) , Tumble (Dex) , Use Magic Device (Cha) , and Use Rope (Dex) .
Skill Points at 1st Level: (8 + Int modifier) × 4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 8 + Int modifier.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Rogues are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Rogues are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+0|Sneak Attack +1d6, Trapfinding, Snatch

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+0|Evasion, Lookout + 1

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+1|Sneak Attack +2d6, Trap Sense +1

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Uncanny Dodge

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Sneak Attack +3d6

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+2|Trap Sense +2, Lookout + 2

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+2|Sneak Attack +4d6, Dusk Sight

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+2|Improved Uncanny Dodge, Mug

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+3|Sneak Attack +5d6, Trap Sense +3

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+3|Special Ability, Lookout + 3

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+3|Sneak Attack +6d6, A Knave’s Touch

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+4|Trap Sense +4,

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+4|Sneak Attack +7d6, Special Ability

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+4| Lookout + 4 Snuffed Out

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+5|Sneak Attack +8d6, Trap Sense +5

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+5|Special Ability

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+5|Sneak Attack +9d6, Pierce the Night

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+6|Trap Sense +6, Lookout + 5

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+6|Sneak Attack +10d6, Special Ability

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+6| Jacked Up

[/table]

Snatch:
At 1st level a Scoundrel may forgo making an attack and attempt to steal an item (i.e. wand, component patch, spell book) from their enemy using their base attack bonus + their ranks in Sleight of Hand. Failure on the Sleight of Hand attempt causes them to suffer a -1 on their AC for the next round.

Lookout:
At 2nd level a Scoundrel’s ears are so attune to hearing for danger they may make a full round action to listen to their surroundings for living activity; i.e. listen down a hallway for approaching people, listen through a door at people conversing, etc. The distance is equal to 5 ft per Scoundrel Level. They gain a + 1 to listen checks. Upon successfully hearing a living source which the DM will indicate, the Scoundrel may roll a 1d20 + their Int. Modifier. For every 5 points they roll they gain the following knowledge.

5 points: how many living sources are present.
10 points: how far away the living sources are from their location even if they can’t see them.
15 points: the physical size of the living source i.e. Small, Medium, Large, Huge…etc.
20 points: if the living sources are armed and wearing armor, and if so what type of weapon are they brandishing (longsword, mace, bow, crossbow etc...) and what type of armor (padding, leather, chain, plate etc..)
25 points: what kind of creature it is (Abherration, Undead, etc.)

These bonuses increase to + 2 at 6th level, + 3 at 10th, + 4 at 14th, and + 5 at 18th level.

Dusk Sight
After long hours traversing low lit dungeons and sneaking around in the midst of night, a Scoundrels eyes have adapted to darkness granting them Low-Light Vision at 7th level. If they already have it, they gain Dark Vision. If the character has Dark Vision, their Dark Vision extends out 20 more feet then normal.

Mug
At 8th level a Scoundrel may make one Nonlethal Melee attack with their highest attack bonus. Success on that attack allows the Scoundrel to then attempt stealing from the victim using their highest base attack bonus + their ranks in Sleight of Hand. Failure on the Sleight of Hand attempt causes the Scoundrel to suffer a -2 to AC for the next round.

A Knave’s Touch
At 11th level, a Scoundrel may forgo causing Sneak Attack damage and instead wound their targets, causing them to suffer 1 point of temporary Con. Damage and to bleed half their sneak attack damage per round unless they make a Heal Attempt DC equal to the Attack Roll of the Sneak Attack, or use healing magic or a potion.

Snuffed Out:
At 14th level a Scoundrel may make one Lethal Melee attack with their highest attack bonus. Success on that attack allows the Scoundrel to then attempt stealing from the victim using their highest base attack bonus + their ranks in Sleight of Hand. Failure on the Sleight of Hand attempt causes the Scoundrel to be flatfooted for the next round.

Pierce the Night
At 17th level a Scoundrel’s eyes are fully adapted to the night. They gain Dark Vision with a 60ft distance at 17th level. If they already have Dark Vision, they no longer suffer the miss chances incurred by darkness or deeper darkness.

Jacked Up:
At 20th level a Scoundrel make two Lethal Melee attacks with their first two highest attack bonuses. Success on one of them allows the Scoundrel to attempt stealing from the victim using their highest base attack bonus + their ranks in Sleight of Hand. Failure on the Sleight of Hand attempt incurs a -2 on the Scoundrel’s AC and they are caught flatfooted for the next round.