PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Anyway to make a push action at reach?

Citadel97501
2019-05-20, 05:33 PM
Hello all, I was just wondering if there was a way to make the push action using reach? All I can think of is the Bugbear's Long Limbed racial but I am unsure if that even works?

MaxWilson
2019-05-20, 05:46 PM
Hello all, I was just wondering if there was a way to make the push action using reach? All I can think of is the Bugbear's Long Limbed racial but I am unsure if that even works?

Use a reach weapon when you Shove. As long as you're using the Attack action, and you are, reach applies. Unlike grappling, shove doesn't require a free hand, so clearly you can do it with weapons. Think of it as e.g. tripping a bad guy with your halberd.

There are some reach weapons like whips with which it would be inappropriate to Shove, but most of them should be fine both by RAW and by logic.

Citadel97501
2019-05-20, 05:56 PM
Use a reach weapon when you Shove. As long as you're using the Attack action, and you are, reach applies. Unlike grappling, shove doesn't require a free hand, so clearly you can do it with weapons. Think of it as e.g. tripping a bad guy with your halberd.

There are some reach weapons like whips with which it would be inappropriate to Shove, but most of them should be fine both by RAW and by logic.

Thank you, I wasn't sure if weapon reaches allowed shoves or whatever that does make the whip not awful :)

Vogie
2019-05-20, 07:14 PM
If you can get whip proficiency on a swords bard, you can mobile flourish

Battlemaster Fighters have a pushing attack, so they can push and deal damage

darknite
2019-05-21, 07:24 AM
If you're a Battlemaster with the Pushing Attack maneuver you can push someone with a bow shot.

MikeRoxTheBoat
2019-05-21, 09:41 AM
If we're just going with the push effect, there's that Eldritch Blast Repelling Blast invocation that can push back multiple times from 120ft. away and there isn't even a save for it

ImproperJustice
2019-05-21, 01:01 PM
Probably not what you are looking for but tgere is always the “Fist of Unbroken Air” from the 4e Monk.

Rukelnikov
2019-05-21, 05:52 PM
Battlemasters Lunge + Open Hand Monk push option