PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Divine Debuffs?

ChuckBarrington
2019-05-20, 09:30 PM
Yo fellow Playgrounders, I'm looking for up to 7th level non-evil cleric spells that debuff the crap out of stuff. Bonus points for Will saves, double bonus points if it can get past immunity to mind-affecting or has no save.

Drow of the Underdark
Cityscape
Libris Mortis
Weapons of Legacy
Planar Handbook
Stormwrack
Races of Destiny
Sandstorm
DMG I & II
PHB I & II
Monster Manual I-V
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Complete Champion
Complete Divine
Complete Mage
Complete Psionic
Complete Scoundrel
Complete Warrior
Expanded Psionics
Heroes of Battle
Book of Exalted Deeds
Spell Compendium
Magic Item Compendium

Really it's not a huge priority, figure I'll be fine but I'd really like to get a Bestow Curse Greater through on an undead caster, because he's almost entirely built on Cha, and ripping it down to 1 would feel soooo good. Magic items would also help!

Cygnia
2019-05-20, 09:39 PM
Initial scan pulls up Prayer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/prayer.htm) to start.

ChuckBarrington
2019-05-21, 10:12 PM
Initial scan pulls up Prayer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/prayer.htm) to start.

Not a bad thing to throw up at all, but sadly it's mind-affecting. Got anything else?

Silva Stormrage
2019-05-22, 01:24 AM
Depending on your domains Antimagic Field can actually be utterly brutal if the opponent is not expecting it. Especially if you have an ally with an animal companion or big beefy melee minions like zombies or advanced golems that function fine in antimagic fields.

On a similar note one of the best debuffs in the game is a chained dispel magic or if you have some metamagic reducers you can chain a greater dispel magic. You can target 1 creature/object per caster level and you can simply suppress all of his magic items which probably have very low CL's. Shutting off a character's magic items in addition to removing his buffs (Inquisition Domain + some cheap magic items can get a fairly good dispel check)

Radiant Assualt (SpC) is not a typical "Debuff" being a 20ft blast of 1d6/cl untyped damage but also dazes for 1d6 rounds on a failed save. If you roll even average thats 3 rounds of uninterrupted beating on the spellcaster.

ChuckBarrington
2019-05-23, 07:01 PM
Depending on your domains Antimagic Field can actually be utterly brutal if the opponent is not expecting it. Especially if you have an ally with an animal companion or big beefy melee minions like zombies or advanced golems that function fine in antimagic fields.

On a similar note one of the best debuffs in the game is a chained dispel magic or if you have some metamagic reducers you can chain a greater dispel magic. You can target 1 creature/object per caster level and you can simply suppress all of his magic items which probably have very low CL's. Shutting off a character's magic items in addition to removing his buffs (Inquisition Domain + some cheap magic items can get a fairly good dispel check)

Radiant Assualt (SpC) is not a typical "Debuff" being a 20ft blast of 1d6/cl untyped damage but also dazes for 1d6 rounds on a failed save. If you roll even average thats 3 rounds of uninterrupted beating on the spellcaster.

1.) Don't have access to Antimagic Field, does it affect me, or just the area around me?

2.) Illumian basically DMM ability for the win, can chain whatever I need!

3.) Have the Inquisition Domain, so my dispel check at the moment is +18.

4.) Do have Radiant Assault, unsure if he'll fail the save, but I just checked and undead aren't immune to being dazed which is amazing!

JNAProductions
2019-05-23, 07:20 PM
Antimagic Field affects everything in its area-including you.

Anthrowhale
2019-05-23, 07:53 PM
Holy Word is a canonical no-save level 7 debuff. Use a Prayer Bead of Karma and an Ankh of Ascension to jack up your caster level. Scrape up a little more bonus caster level (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444635-Raising-Caster-Level) and you can use the dead/destroyed "debuff".

ChuckBarrington
2019-05-23, 10:28 PM
Antimagic Field affects everything in its area-including you.

Holy Word is a canonical no-save level 7 debuff. Use a Prayer Bead of Karma and an Ankh of Ascension to jack up your caster level. Scrape up a little more bonus caster level (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444635-Raising-Caster-Level) and you can use the dead/destroyed "debuff".

For JNA: That's why I don't think I'd ever use AMF without some way to make it not on myself.

For Whale: Thank you! I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the Ankh! I also tend to raise my CL with Divine Spell Power given my gross turning ability not letting me get less than +4.

Anthrowhale
2019-05-24, 09:53 AM
Incidentally, I also really like:
1. Heartache //work with your party to turn it into a level 1 save-or-die
3. Shivering Touch. //use a metamagic rod to maximize
4. Wall of Sand //Spellcaster killer. no-save suffocate for weak enemies in tight spaces + battlefield control.

I think you can only use Wall of Sand from your sources.

ChuckBarrington
2019-05-24, 02:10 PM
Incidentally, I also really like:
1. Heartache //work with your party to turn it into a level 1 save-or-die
3. Shivering Touch. //use a metamagic rod to maximize
4. Wall of Sand //Spellcaster killer. no-save suffocate for weak enemies in tight spaces + battlefield control.

I think you can only use Wall of Sand from your sources.

Couldn't use Heartache as I'm good and it's evil, and if I could use Shivering Touch I would. Tasty dex damage.

Holy crap Wall of Sand! Set up a wall of sand with the Concentration skill trick and trap someone in there, wall of stone over it. Donezo.

Khedrac
2019-05-24, 03:35 PM
If you count shivering touch and similar spells, what about slime wave which is a level 7 reflex save or take loads of con damage AoE...

Although they are not a line of spells I am fond of, hold X on an opponenet next to someone who is able to make a coup de grace is a very effective debuff.
Silence is an old standard debuff.

Bohandas
2019-05-25, 08:10 PM
Righteous Glare (BoED) causes fear in low HD evil creatures even on a successful will save (and kills them on a failed save) and also causes fear in high hd or non-evil creatures that fail their saves. Inexplicably lacks the [mind-effecting] tag (although the fear effect explicitly duplicates the Fear spell, which does have the mind-affecting tag)

Consecrate Battlefield (HoB) is a wider area, longer lasting, longer range version of Consecrate that also inhibits the creation of undead. It does take 10 minutes to cast though

Subvert Planar Essence(i] (Complete Divine, spell compendium)- reduces damage reduction and SR of outsiders

[i]Vulnerability (SC)- reduces DR

Spark of Life (SC)- Suppresses most of the immunities that come with the undead type (although not their immunity to negative energy or their immunity to effects that only target living creatures)