PDA

View Full Version : New item: Kobold Fire

Duke Malagigi
2007-10-05, 12:12 AM
Some what inspired by Tucker's kobolds (http://www.tuckerskobolds.com/).

Kobold Fire:
Craft (Alchemy) DC: 20
Ingredients: Naphtha, quicklime and sulfur.
Special: Need not be a spellcaster to make. Must have a Craft (Alchemy) rank of 6.
As a race of trapmakers and heavy fire users, kobolds have developed their own answer to alchemist fire, known as by many Kobold Fire. By opening the flask and tossing its contents you can throw a flask full of lit Kobold Fire as a splash weapon. Treat this attack as a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 10 feet.

A direct hit deals 2d6 points of fire damage. Every creature within 5 feet of the point where the flask hits takes 1d6 points of fire damage from the splash. On the round following a direct hit, the target takes an additional 1d6 points of damage. This repeats for three more rounds. If desired, the target can use a full-round action to attempt to extinguish the flames before taking this additional damage. Extinguishing the flames requires a DC 24 Reflex save. Magically extinguishing the flames automatically smothers the fire. Unlike normal oil, Kobold Fire burns while floating on water. This can also be used as a metamagic component for the spell fireball.

Cost: 80 Gold Pieces.

Is the price too high or too low?

Talanic
2007-10-05, 07:36 AM
Hrm. It hovers between four and five times as powerful as Alchemist's Fire (1d6 instead of 1 for splash; 2d6 instead of 1d6 for direct; three extra rounds of damage instead of one. Plus the reflex save is almost impossible for any first level to make and you can't extinguish it with water.

So it's 6d6 to target up from 2d6 (and effectively no save), and 1d6 per extra person in splash range instead of 1.

Yeah, I'm no expert at pricing, but that should probably be closer to 100 gold per dose.

AKA_Bait
2007-10-05, 09:22 AM
Must agree with Talnic. I'd up it to 80 or 100.

vivi
2007-10-05, 09:52 AM
ya at least 90gp would be good.

Yeril
2007-10-05, 09:52 AM
Heres too I made.. lots of effects

Dragonspit (Another kobold alchemy item)

Dragonspit is very similar to alchemists fire however it burns for longer but also requires more time to ignite.

It requires a ranged touch attack with a range inc of 10 feet, against a 5 foot sqaure. This covers the ground in a thin layer of the oil. the next round (Unless ignited directly) the oil bursts into a purple flame, dealing 1d4 points of fire damage to anyone in the area (reflex half, DC 13). The fire burns on the ground for 2d4 rounds after igniting. In addition to the fire damage it also products a large amount of noxoius smoke, granting 20% concealment and forcing anyone inside to make a Fortitude save DC 13 (+1 per round of exposure) or become sickened for 1 minute.

Kobolds generaly use this in their traps to keep away attackers, dropping it down pits or in places where the enemy has no choice but to retreat.

Price??

Wyrmbile.
Some master trapsmiths use this highly refined oil, treat it as Dragonspit however the DC is 16, the green flame lasts for 3d4 rounds and deals 1d6 points of fire damage. The billowing smoke is pitch black, granting 50% concealment and nausiating any who fail their save.

Price??

Duke Malagigi
2007-10-12, 01:57 AM
Heres too I made.. lots of effects

Dragonspit (Another kobold alchemy item)

Dragonspit is very similar to alchemists fire however it burns for longer but also requires more time to ignite.

It requires a ranged touch attack with a range inc of 10 feet, against a 5 foot sqaure. This covers the ground in a thin layer of the oil. the next round (Unless ignited directly) the oil bursts into a purple flame, dealing 1d4 points of fire damage to anyone in the area (reflex half, DC 13). The fire burns on the ground for 2d4 rounds after igniting. In addition to the fire damage it also products a large amount of noxoius smoke, granting 20% concealment and forcing anyone inside to make a Fortitude save DC 13 (+1 per round of exposure) or become sickened for 1 minute.

Kobolds generaly use this in their traps to keep away attackers, dropping it down pits or in places where the enemy has no choice but to retreat.

Price??

I'd say 35 Gold peices.

Wyrmbile.
Some master trapsmiths use this highly refined oil, treat it as Dragonspit however the DC is 16, the green flame lasts for 3d4 rounds and deals 1d6 points of fire damage. The billowing smoke is pitch black, granting 50% concealment and nausiating any who fail their save.

Price??

Maybe 50 Gold peices. Does that seem reasonable to you?

Yeril
2007-10-12, 02:18 AM
I'd say 35 Gold peices.

Maybe 50 Gold peices. Does that seem reasonable to you?

Hmm I think they are alittle cheap, considering not only does it burn for damage and force fort saves annnnnd cause concealment due to smoke, it does this for several rounds so I think it would be more expensive than that.

Personaly I think I would charge about 100gp for the Dragonbile and 300-400 or so for Wyrmbile.

vivi
2007-10-12, 10:22 AM
120 gp for dragon spit and 300 gp for wymbile.

Duke Malagigi
2007-10-12, 11:37 AM
Hmm I think they are alittle cheap, considering not only does it burn for damage and force fort saves annnnnd cause concealment due to smoke, it does this for several rounds so I think it would be more expensive than that.

Personaly I think I would charge about 100gp for the Dragonbile and 300-400 or so for Wyrmbile.

Okay, you're right. I should have paid attention to the number of rounds it lasted.