PDA

View Full Version : Dreams you've had

Zakama
2007-10-05, 12:32 AM
I was inspired by another thread to start this. Post weird dreams you've had here.

I had a recurring dream when I was little where my sister and I were walking in a park near my house with my grandma, and then a truck with a big claw arm an a bunch of logs in the back came, my grandma stiffened up, and the truck picked her up and carried her away, leaving me and my sister there in the park. I always got scared by that... :smallfrown:

I had another recurring one when I was little where my sister, my mom and I were walking in that same park, except there was a giant cliff on one side of the path. My mom would say "This is where the bad guys live" and then a guy dressed like batman (who was a bad guy) would lower down on a rope.

Boy I had messed up dreams.

Rinquist
2007-10-05, 01:01 AM
Ahh! Make it stop! I keep eating giant marshmallows in my dreams, and last night I went to bed with a goose down pillow!

Now I'm coughing feathers all over my apartment!!

But to actually contribute to this thread, for about 3 months straight back in 2005 I kept having dreams that my girlfriend was stockpiling hashbrowns "just in case". To this day I get a funny feeling when I eat hashbrowns. Maybe I'll rue the day that I didn't listen to her subconcious warning. :smallconfused:

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-05, 01:03 AM
You people and your dreams. And your... having/remembering of them.

Seriously, I don't care how much you think otherwise, I wish I could still remeber my dreas - I haven't been able to, consistently, since I was something like eight.
(Wherein I beat Freddy Krueger in a swordfight)

Last_resort_33
2007-10-05, 01:40 AM

That is full of coolness... you have just used up your remembering cool dreams quota.

Eita
2007-10-05, 01:44 AM
Back when I was like 6, I had a weird one. All of my family on my mom's side was at our house, and I was playing with Legos. But they were like, see-through teal that glowed in the dark. And then, they (not the Legos) were talking, and somehow I knew that it was bad, and that the Legos could end it.

The dream ended with me making the Legos into like a train thing.

Or at least, that's what I think happened. It's been awhile.

FoE
2007-10-05, 01:57 AM
I wish I could still remeber my dreams - I haven't been able to, consistently, since I was something like eight.

So THAT'S how the murder spree finally ended in Springwood! :smallbiggrin:

My most consistent nightmare involves getting devoured by zombies. Zombies, man, they creep me out.

Not too long ago I dreamt that I got shot through the throat in a gangfight and lived. I kept peeling back the bandages for people to see the nice round bullethole at the base of my throat, and then I finally checked it out in the mirror myself and remarked what a cool scar this was going to make.

Tea Priestess
2007-10-05, 02:00 AM
I had this dream last week. I'm sure it means I have deep-seated psychological issues, or that I was dropped on my head as a child.

In my dream, I'm going to the university that most of my friends are at now (I go to cullinary school in real life). We decide to form a campus club, the point of which is not clear to me, but we don't want just any old people to join so we decide we have to have some kind of initiation task people have to do to get in. While we're trying to think of something, this old gardener guy (played by the guy with the Scottish accent in the Simpsons) comes up and says something to the effect of "The academic dean makes really good cake." So we decide that to get into the club you have to steal a peice of cake from the academic dean's house. But the gardner says "No, you don't want to do that, the house is guarded by this great big dog. It's called Killer Sunshine McCreavey". But we all decide to do it anyway. So we get a cake knife and all pile into this little golf cart like thing and off we go to steal some cake. The friend who's got the cake knife is blind (both in the dream and real life) so basically he's just waving the knife out the side of the car hoping to cut something. We get to the dean's house and there's this cake sitting on a wooden pedistal in the center of her back garden with the moonlight all shining down on it and this big huge dog walking around it. Now, the dog looks like a big rottweiler, only where it's head should be there's just this cloud of dust and whirling teeth. So, we're driving around this garden with my blind friend waving a knife out the side and Killer Sunshine McCreavey the dog chasing us, and the academic dean is sitting on her front porch wearing a big green hat with a shamrock on it drinking sake straight from the bottle and laughing at us. That's when I woke up.

I swear I'm not making this up. I think my brain is broken.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-05, 02:03 AM
That is full of coolness... you have just used up your remembering cool dreams quota.

Dude, that was eleven years ago! I think I've earned some more remembering of cool dreams!

FoE
2007-10-05, 02:05 AM
I like that name: Killer Sunshine McCreavey. I'll definitely have to remember to use that at some point.

I don't doubt that you had this dream; the only odd part that really sticks out is the dog's head. That's ominous enough to believe that your dream had some deeper meaning.

Serpentine
2007-10-05, 02:08 AM
I haven't really been remembering my dreams much lately... wait, I'm remembering one now... I picked up an injured magpie for some reason? All I really remember, partly because I thought of it later, is how detailed the dream was, the feel of the magpie's feathers, its voice, the smell... Kinda intense, really. I do keep remembering, mid-dream, that I've dreamt about this place before. Could be a completely different dream, but set in the same sort of place... Also, a while ago, I had an erotic dream with Dr Who in it? :smallconfused: I don't think Dr Who was in the erotic part... more that there was an erotic part (that I can't remember), and then there was Dr Who.

My head's broke'd :smallfrown:

Vuzzmop
2007-10-05, 02:13 AM
My dreams are nasty. For all my life i've had night terrors. These can get pretty extreme, and the visions I have are really abstract, with more basis in terrifying emotion than in actual plot or events. Its like a feeling of both horror and the sense that you are stuck, forever, not the fear of death, but of the lack thereof. Weird huh? I normally see a light through a doorway, and some other visions which are a bit more obscure, but its my actions in the real world which make it bad. My eyes roll back and I act almost possessed, one time I got out of bed and poured a bottle of milk onto the floor, and when I woke up, I was in the living room.

Probably some deepseeted psychological problems, but I havn't had one in about a year. That's a long time for me, and hopefully means they're going away for good.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-05, 09:00 AM
I've had a dream once where having a plastered leg was contageous. That same dream showed me a bike that I would find in real life in a gutter two weeks later and patch up. Weirdest thing.

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-05, 09:23 AM
I once had a Dream about a Girl that I met 2 years after the dream. it had full detail, name and all.

FdL
2007-10-05, 11:05 AM
My head's broke'd :smallfrown:

Not broken, just cracked.

FdL
2007-10-05, 11:07 AM
I have the weirdest, most disturbing dreams when I'm taking a nap and it's too hot. Not necessarily nightmares, but definitely things that weird me out.

I don't remember anything at this time to tell you, though.

ufo
2007-10-05, 01:44 PM
I've dreamt enough Fantasy material to kick Tolkien's butt to the dark side of the moon.

Like this one, when I'm a king's advisor, and the castle (standing alone in a desert - for some reaon) get's invaded. The initial wave is spiders. If you've played WarCraft I, they're like the ones the orc wizards can summon.

So, the royal guards have this table full of candy, and they pour the candy all over the floor, pour oil over the candy and set it aflame. Suddenly, the spiders are gone, and out of the window, I see billions of armed men, with an occasional werewolf holding a torch. Suddenly, a royal guard reports that the spiders have entered the sewer system. We all look a an exit to the sewer system that is right besides the throne (...), and we hear rapid feet inside the sewer. I, the king, the royal blacksmith and a few royal guards flee onto the roof of the castle, where we pass a Zelda-like puzzle, and the blacksmith tells me his story:

He was lone father with her daughter, when the king adopted his daughter. The (now-) princess was turned into ice by a spell, and everyone that touched her were turned to ice too. The blacksmith had found the gem needed too rescue his daughter, and while preparing and refining it, it had shattered.

We eventually flee into the desert, and a LotR-like montage is shown of us wandering through the desert. Them I'm awakened.

Another one,

In a hilly countryside, tribes wage war. I'm the young prince of a tribe, and I have no clue what's going on in this dream. I randomly turn into a dragon at times. Suddenly, my advisor exclaims. "We shall sail in the boats!", and I'm suddenly in a random car (my father driving) along a modern dock. We stop close to some roadworkers, and my dad leaves. Suddenly, all the roadworkers grab UZIs and completely holes the car. I don't get hit a single time, and I wake up.

SurlySeraph
2007-10-05, 02:39 PM
I don't dream very often. The dreams I remember tend to be extremely long, have very complex plots, and be pretty violent. Anyway, if you feel like reading a ginormous wall 'o text, this is a dream I had about a month ago.

It started in a large city, everything was gray concrete. Anyway, there was something like a bank (made of concrete, but neoclassical architecture) that I was running towards. When I got there, I saw a bunch of people running towards the entrance from the inside. I opened the door and the first one out just told me "It's too late! He made them! They got Turned!" I cursed and started running away besides him. There was this big embankment (like, a 10-foot drop) to a road below across from the bank (think something like the layers of Minas Tirith in the Lord of The Rings movie). I jumped off and kept running down the road and through the city.

All over the place, people (who I thought of as the Turned people) were going crazy attacking those who were trying to escape - sort of like fast zombies - except that there was this small dark man who I thought of as "The necromancer" who could command them. He never looked in my direction, and I escaped down a road out of the city with a bunch of other refugees following me.

Then the dream skipped. I was at this country house my family has. The house is at the top of a hill, and I was at the shore of a lake at the bottom of the hill. I was with this large group of soldiers in desert camouflauge and helmets with M16s, waiting as a last stand of the normal humans of the entire country against the Turned people. I knew I was supposed to go in front to see if the Turned people had arrived at the hill yet, but I was too scared. I followed the point man (the soldier in front) past this little grove of trees from where we could see the top of the hill. Up there, there was a phalanx of the Turned people, holding spears. Behind them, there was a disorderly mob of other Turned people without weapons. The necromancer was next to the phalanx.

The other soldiers and I started shooting at them, but since the point man was worse at fighting than I was and was in the position to fire first and hold them off, they just kept coming. Oh, and only headshots killed them, like zombies. They marched downhill, and when the phalanx got near us, it kind of broke apart and they just charged and started swarming us. All of a sudden, the group of soldiers I was in completely scattered, and got mixed with the mob charging at us. There were just people fighting in pairs, a Turned person and soldier each.

Gradually, a lot of the Turned people stopped fighting, and started just standing around. I saw the necromancer, and I understood that he made the Turned people fight by making them scared. Night had fallen, and the stars were out. I looked up at them. The dark man looked up with me, and then suddenly we made eye contact and he grinned. He started yelling "The stars! The stars are coming! The stars are coming to kill you! They want to kill you!" The Turned people all started yelling "The stars! The stars!" and went back to attacking us. By this point a lot of the soldiers were dead, most of the rest had lost their guns (including me), we were scattered, and we had been vastly outnumbered from the beginning, so we were on the brink of being wiped out at that point.

Eventually, I just yelled "Rout! Into the water! Get the hell out of here!" We all started fleeing into the lake. I ran over the dock to get a running start so I could jump into the lake and get farther. There was this big, muscular guy right behind me who I knew was a football player who'd been Turned. I jumped in and he jumped after me.

We started fighting in the water, and I could see around me there were lots of turned people in the water, fighting soldiers. Farther away, I saw a few soldiers who were almost halfway across the lake, but most of us were gone or fighting around the dock. Anyway, I got behind the football player and pushed his head underwater. Then I started wondering whether the Turned people could actually drown, since they were like zombies. He didn't drown, and then while flailing his arms he managed to catch my neck and twisted me around and started strangling me.

Then I just heard this voice say "Nope, let's try that again." As if I was in a videogame or something. Suddenly, I was back right before I'd let the other guy go in front. I knew that was why we'd lost before. So, trembling with fear, I said "I - I'll take point." I walked up past the grove, saw the phalanx again. I started firing at them, and I took down a lot of the Turned people in the phalanx, but they just kept coming, and I kept wasting shots because I was trembling and was rushing instead of taking careful aim. Once again, they started swarming all over, but this time we managed to stay pretty close together and started fighting in retreat, backing towards the docks.

Before long, we broke formation and started fleeing into the lake again. I got to the end of the dock, fighting hand-to-hand all the way, when at the end of the dock I saw this girl I love (in reality, not just in the dream) charging at me. I was incredibly sad that she'd been Turned and pulled her past me as she knocked us both into the lake. I started trying to drown her, like with the football player, hating myself for trying to kill her and hoping she would die fast and not have to live as a Turned person.

After a while I couldn't take it and just pulled her out of the water. Then she turned around to face me, and I saw in her eyes she was back to normal. All the Turned people started wading out of the lake, and then I saw that the necromancer was face-down on the dock. One of the Turned people had strangled him. I pulled myself back on the dock and pulled the girl after me. The remainder of the dream is brief and not board-appropriate. :smallwink:

You know, I could make a novel out of that, if only the ending made more sense.

Captain van der Decken
2007-10-05, 03:05 PM
It sounds like a pretty good novel at that. :smallamused:

North
2007-10-05, 03:15 PM
I usually remember my dreams but last night all I remember was my eyes hurting and having a head ache. When I woke up I had a headache, which are pretty rare for me. So somehow when I was sleeping my head ache was in my dream?

Cyrano
2007-10-05, 04:03 PM
I'm a character in some sort of amalgam of Alaistair Reynolds and Stephen Baxter. I'm the sole human in a ship that is entirely organic, made up of creatures that find a million years of nothing as boring as we find one minute. Anyway, in this dream, I'm simeltaneously inside the giant mothership, outside in a space suit, outside dying of explosive decompression (this lasts the entire dream, in the back of my head. Wierd), and conducting a massive choral orchestra in orbit. Anyway, in the ship I am attempting to find a way to navigate Black Holes to send the fleet back in time so we can all catch Queen in Wembley, whereas my spacesuit self is simeltaneously thinking about puppies and attempting to save the world via a complex series of paper airplanes, plastic golf balls and Jello (for the purposes of the dream, Gravity exists in space when my mind says is does. Just like in real life!). My decompression self is just messy. My conducting self accidently stabs himself in the foot with my baton, and then for some inexplicable reasons starts screaming in pain, begging, begging someone to get a trumpet. A trumpet is handed to him, he somehows inserts it into the inch-diametre cut in his foot, and then gets up and begins to toodle along with the orchestra. Apparantly, it's a long trumpet, though it looks normal sized. Anyway, in the end of my dream no one has done anything and they decided to have a West Side Storey-esque fight/dance scene, when the aliens start sprouting slimey faces over their bodies. Don't ask, hard to explain. Anyway, they go ahead with the fight scene anyway, and at the climax the aliens explode. Everyone claps politely and I wake up.

Em Blackleaf
2007-10-05, 05:44 PM
I had a dream, when i was about four or five, where there was this big blue-green spider on my bedroom wall facing my bed, it landed on me playfully, and went "ribbit."
I pushed myself out from under it and screamed.

I also had a weird dream, the night after my brothers explained to me what the tooth fairy is, only they had a "slightly different" definition of the tooth fairy.

A scary dark figure, floating through the sky, that looked sort of like a woman, floated in through my window, and said "Gimmie a quarter"
And I said "What? I don't have a quarter..."
"Look under your pillow!"
"Uhm... okay..."
I looked under my pillow and there were a pile of quarters under it.

I had funny dreams. :smalltongue:

Volug
2007-10-05, 06:57 PM
I had a dream..

A freakin purple hippo stole my bubble gum!!!! I LOVE THAT KIND OF BUBBLE GUM!!!

*tries to kill hippo*

SurlySeraph
2007-10-05, 09:14 PM
I'm a character in some sort of amalgam of Alaistair Reynolds and Stephen Baxter. I'm the sole human in a ship that is entirely organic, made up of creatures that find a million years of nothing as boring as we find one minute. Anyway, in this dream, I'm simeltaneously inside the giant mothership, outside in a space suit, outside dying of explosive decompression (this lasts the entire dream, in the back of my head. Wierd), and conducting a massive choral orchestra in orbit. Anyway, in the ship I am attempting to find a way to navigate Black Holes to send the fleet back in time so we can all catch Queen in Wembley, whereas my spacesuit self is simeltaneously thinking about puppies and attempting to save the world via a complex series of paper airplanes, plastic golf balls and Jello (for the purposes of the dream, Gravity exists in space when my mind says is does. Just like in real life!). My decompression self is just messy. My conducting self accidently stabs himself in the foot with my baton, and then for some inexplicable reasons starts screaming in pain, begging, begging someone to get a trumpet. A trumpet is handed to him, he somehows inserts it into the inch-diametre cut in his foot, and then gets up and begins to toodle along with the orchestra. Apparantly, it's a long trumpet, though it looks normal sized. Anyway, in the end of my dream no one has done anything and they decided to have a West Side Storey-esque fight/dance scene, when the aliens start sprouting slimey faces over their bodies. Don't ask, hard to explain. Anyway, they go ahead with the fight scene anyway, and at the climax the aliens explode. Everyone claps politely and I wake up.

Initial reaction: That is the most awesome dream I have ever heard.
Second reaction: This explains so much...

PhallicWarrior
2007-10-05, 09:18 PM
I've had a dream in which my dad and myself are both highly advanced androids that could pass as humans. I was a little unbelieving at first so my dad put a dent in the fridge with his bare hands. We went off to some secret traiing facility and lined up so our stats could be entered into a database. You see, each of us (there were about a hundred.) had some kind of special power. I could slow down time, a la F.E.A.R. My "coach" had to really work to get my abilities to activate, which annoyed him. Time blurred ahead to a training fight where I was facing off with a guy who could shoot energy blasts from his hands. We fought, aand I was losing, badly, until I managed to activate my power and subsequently decimate him. Time flashed forward again, this time to right before the first real battle, where we finally learned what we'd be fighting: an army of nearly indestructable robots who looked like Cylon infantry. Then I woke up.

Starla
2007-10-05, 09:36 PM
I had a good one last night. There were 2 actors in it and they were going to get married and the bride wanted a bagel pyramid instead of a cake at the wedding. The bagles would have cream cheese in them. I think I dreamt it because we ran out of cream cheese yesterday.

evisiron
2007-10-05, 11:34 PM
First night in campus accomodation (before I met roomates) I had a dream were the room-mates (dressed in 'biker leather', one skinny, the other was huge) broke into the room while I was asleep, pinned me down, and repeatedly stabbed me with needles oozing brightly coloured paint.

I remember saying in dream "You know, I was looking forward to meeting you but this is really disappointing behaviour"

SoD
2007-10-06, 08:53 AM
Last night, I don't remember how they connected, but somehow they did...in one dream I-had to go to a performance with a choir I used to be in (they shut down 3 years ago)...rode on a bike with a friend who has serable palsey...the bike crashed...then I went to Macdonalds and was served by my friend Dainis...which was a bit weird, because he works at a different Macdonalds! Anyway, then I was the Dean from the UU (Terry Pratchet), and ate through 5 large triple cheeseburger meals...and kept going back for more and more...then I turned into the Lazurus monster thing from Doctor Who (The Lazurus Experiment-latest series), and challenged the person who'd come to help me...and said 'Hah! I bet I can beat every one of your characters in a single round!' and suddenly I was on this forum, clicking on links to his characters...

I woke up feeling sick, and couldn't eat until teatime...I was full on macdonalds.

Vuzzmop
2007-10-06, 11:17 PM
I already posted about my night terrors, but I figure I'll try to remember one, but it will be kinde messy, a mix of images and emotions.

I'm standing on a deck. It doesn't feel like a dream world. I'm traveling along a rope. Anxiety, worry. An image of a massive stone underground hall, empty except for me, and the stones are slwoly moving into new shapes, threateing to crush me if I stand still. More anxiety. Sadness as I move along the rope again. "You are stuck here forever". Standing at the deck of a house, people I don't know are having a barbecue, my family are enjoying a meal at another house, but there is no ground, just this building here, suspended in an empty space of yellow and blue. "you have to get there". I travel along the rope again. "You are stuck here forever". I arrive, but no one can see me. My family have dissapeared now, and I am traveling toward a doorway in the same, empty, yellow space. The door is old and stands alone, with some old bags sitting by the steps. "This is all there is". I jump through the door and am bathed in yellow light. I wake up, somewhere I didn't fall asleep in.

That was weird. I don't want to go there again.

Eldritch Knight
2007-10-06, 11:34 PM
There are very few dreams that I can actually remember, but the ones that stand out are the ones that I've actually shared with another person. The two people who I share dreams with are my Fiancee and my Twin Brother. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it can be particularily interesting.

Unfortunatly, neither of us can remember them after a period of time.

When I was a lot younger though, I had a Tonka Dump Truck, and my recurring nightmare was that it was driving itself and fell down a very large, and very deep hole, such that I could not get to it. I remember waking my parents and crying 'My Dump Truck fell!'. (What? I was about 4 at the time!)

Leper_Kahn
2007-10-07, 12:45 AM
I had a really weird one. It doesn't sound weird when told, but it felt weird.

Me and this girl in a green dress danced on a black and white tile floor. That was it...

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-07, 12:51 AM
I had a really weird one. It doesn't sound weird when told, but it felt weird.

Me and this girl in a green dress danced on a black and white tile floor. That was it...

I know exactly what you're talking about. Yeah, those dreams are really wierd in a surreal way.

Hannes
2007-10-07, 12:55 AM
I am in some kind of building. Me and my friends are talking and having fun. Suddenly, a bunch of pirates jump in and kill random people. We run.
I get a table leg and hit one in the face with it about 20 times. He falls down. I grab his axe. Slaughter ensues. Finally, I find their leader. He dies. Dream ends.

Seriously, like, wtf.

Falconer
2007-10-07, 01:19 AM
This is perhaps the coolest dream I've ever had. It was several months ago, and it's odd how clearly I remember it.

I'm outside in this field of grass behind my house, when I suddenly see that my hands are turning into paws.

After a short while, I've turned into a wolf (which, considering wolves are my favorite animal, is completely awesome)

So I'm running around having some fun with this, when my parents start to call me back inside for dinner. I suddenly realize I can change back whenever I want to, and simply change back and go inside.

At this point, I woke up in bed, and thought about how sweet that dream was until I went back to sleep. Then it actually continued where it left off.

That night (in the dream again), I somehow wind up outside, as a wolf again, and I'm pretty much running around town making mischief the whole night. In the morning, for some reason, my cousins are looking for me, and after a long game of cat and mouse, they finally find me and recognize who I am. After that the dream ended. Awesome, though.

Oddly, since that last dream, I haven't really had many I can remember.

WhatIsGravity
2007-10-07, 01:25 AM
I get dreams almost every night and I remember most of them. Of course, most dreams make no sense.

A recent one had the earth rumbling beneath me, then I looked up to see the sky split in two different colours, with the stars on one side alot bigger (and strangely, looking like the star symbol instead of just a dot of light). After that, the gravity shifted and I could feel my whole body being pulled to the side.

Tempest Fennac
2007-10-07, 02:46 AM
I can never remember that many details about my dreams, but I remember having a lot which "play" in an identical fashion to the House of the Dead, Resident Evil and Star Fox games (which aren't a problem due to how much I enjoy shooting things). I've had a few where I've been an animal (I know what Falconer means about those dreams being great). I think I was a fennec fox in 1 of those dreams, and I've had a couple where I've been some sort of larger canid.

Attilargh
2007-10-07, 06:59 AM
I don't normally remember my dreams. For example, I think I had three this night, and can't recall anything.

However, sometimes my memory actually works and I recall most everything. Some months ago, I dreamt that I was reading a Star Wars comic book, where a Dark Jedi has infiltrated Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. I'm a nerd like that. So, Luke confronts the DJ, and they begin fighting. Awesome lightsaber action, acrobatics and Force tricks in these old Masassi ruins.

...Then the fight moves off what is apparently a movie set and into the sound stage.

Later, I had another awesome dream, and when I woke up, I immediately grabbed a pen and my notebook, and jotted it down. Then I woke up again, and left the notebook behind. It was a fairly frustrating experience.

Katonta
2007-10-07, 09:39 AM
I've certainly had some weird dreams in the past year or so. This is, by far, the weirdest dream I've ever had, but my memory is a little fuzzy. Oh, and warning, ye olde Wall of Text ahead:

First, I should say, the dream looked very much like the old Dragon Warrior games, interface and everything.

So, I start out in a plains type area and just somehow know to go to a cave for a class field trip, though there is no sign that I'm in a class at all. Once I arrive, it turns out that I got there early and trick a troll, who was supposed to keep us out, to letting me inside early. So I play around with the stalagmite and stalactites until the rest of the class arrives and I get this feeling that I should return to the plains area and that one of my friends (from real life) was in trouble. I ignore the feeling since I want to keep playing in the cave, which turned out to be a salt cave, and I eventually get bored and head to the plains. Once there, I find one of my friends laying on the ground, almost dead, and I pick her up and start talking to her. After awhile of meaningless, not to mention wordless, conversation, she warns me that if she talks much more, she'll die. But, I keep talking to her just because and she dies after a short while.

I find myself back in the salt cave, feeling like I had just reset and tried again. Once the rest of the class arrives, I immediately go to where my friend is and pick her up after talking for a little bit, but not going to far. I hop on a horse that appears and I move to the world map, which has many different places that I can go to near instantly. There is a little sparkling light at one of the places and I suddenly know that in order to save my friend, I must find the magic cigarette that will heal her. I also learn that if I speak telepathically with my friend, she won't die and I will still be able to talk to her.

So, I travel over to the sparkling area and I get the cigarette with no trouble and hold it up as if I were in a Zelda game. While I'm holding it up, the cigarette breaks into seven pieces and they all fly off with little cut scenes for each one to show where it went. So I go back to the world map and head to a mountainous area where I'm suddenly 2D and can only move in the four cardinal directions, North, East, South, and West and every move I take, I go one "square" of movement. There are little bug enemies here that move like I do and I know that if I touch them I'll lose my horse, which, for some reason, I feel mustn't happen. It turns out one of the cigarette pieces is at the bottom of the screen and I spend the rest of the dream trying to get to it and I eventually do, which is when the dream ends.

It's really weird because I'm very much so against smoking.

CrazedGoblin
2007-10-07, 09:41 AM
Most recent one i have had was i was on the starship enterprise (very first one) but it was a boat on the water.......

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-09, 01:58 AM
Last night I had a Dream about me 1 year into the future on the Christmas Holidays), I had my Drivers license, I was happy and I was given permission to get married to a Beautiful, young lady of my age, the Dream started at the wedding (you know...the "I do" and the kissing part) then we left the Hill (where the wedding was set) on Bicycles and we peddled our bikes all the way to her parents House where we lived for most of the Holidays with some visits from people I know from my real life, like my best friends, my Mother, some friends whom I haven't heard from in years and a few others.

My friends where congratulating me for my score of this young woman and we had a party, my mother was disappointed in me for getting married to whom she described "my wife" as a Whore, so I promptly kicked her out and told her never to come near me or her again.

then there was a bit of a love scene where me and my "wife" were kissing and teasing each other on a carpet in front of a warm fireplace.

after a while of Dialog with her parents and family we went on a Holiday guided by a by a heavily devoted Catholic that sounded a lot like Hamish Blake, telling me that I should "go out into the world and find a Job to support your wife." I realy wanted to say "I plan on doing this" but instead I was forced to say "Goddamn it" (because my dad had woken up to the sound of screeching tires outside our house) and thats where the dream ends...

Serpentine
2007-10-09, 02:06 AM
One of the odder ones I've had was some time ago. Basically, I was smoking... weed, I presume, from a hookah - you know, those fancy Middle Eastern/Indian bong-things - that had at least 5 pipes, I think. That's not the really weird bit (although I don't smoke). The really weird bit, is I was sharing it with several hobbits.

Ninja Chocobo
2007-10-17, 03:50 AM
This dream happened fairly recently (roughly two weeks).
It starts with me walking down a path. On the left side of it there are funny cartoons printed.

As I walk down, laughing at the stuff on the side, I notice some bees. I'm like "Eek! Bees!", which is fairly standard. But, since I want to read more of the cartoons, I continue down. The bees get thicker, and I get more worried.

Eventually, I decide to go back, but I notice someone else on the path. She's a furry (I don't know what kind, some kind of mammal-girl), and she's very attractive. I approach her, and say something like "There's all these bees here! We should go!", aand she replies with something like "I am the goddess of bees."

Then there's a momentary gap in my memory, I probably said something.

We're kissing, and soon we get married. I enjoy a few days/weeks of marriage, and then I wake up.

tl;dr: I married the goddess of bees.

Anyone know if this means anything?

Kronk
2007-10-17, 03:51 PM
What a dream I had
Pressed in organdy
Clothed in crinoline of smoky burgundy
Softer than the rain
I wandered empty streets
Down past the shop displays
I heard cathedral bells
Tripping down the alleyways
As I walked on

But thats not the one I'm going to share. I had a very strange dream where I was at a hotel trying to find my family and I walked out by the swimming pool. In the first dream, the swimming pool had been dug out by hand and was filled with 3 large whales. In the second version of this dream the pool was filled with a bunch of giant sea turtles.

Recently I had a dream where I was walking through an office where I knew the people in it, but I didn't see anyone in particular that I could name when I woke up. They were congratulating me on a new job. When asked what I got out of the new job, I replied "I got out." I accidentally walked into the wrong room where an Air Force general was holding a meeting and I politely excused myself. As I was waking up, I heard a small voice say "By Thanksgiving."

One week later I was asked to interview with an organization that is run by none other than an Air Force general. One of the interviewers was a former supervisor of mine. On the way to meeting room, I passed by and talked to the person who originally hired me on. That was two weeks ago. I don't have a job offer yet, but if I get one that will be the weirdest, strangest, best dream I've ever had.

Telonius
2007-10-17, 03:56 PM
Had the strangest dream a couple nights ago. There was a zebra-like unicorn in it. Something in the dream told me it was supposed to mean "Acceptance" rather than "Purity," like the normal white unicorn. I like it when dreams tell you what they mean! :smallsmile:

Telonius
2007-10-17, 04:00 PM
This dream happened fairly recently (roughly two weeks).
It starts with me walking down a path. On the left side of it there are funny cartoons printed.

As I walk down, laughing at the stuff on the side, I notice some bees. I'm like "Eek! Bees!", which is fairly standard. But, since I want to read more of the cartoons, I continue down. The bees get thicker, and I get more worried.

Eventually, I decide to go back, but I notice someone else on the path. She's a furry (I don't know what kind, some kind of mammal-girl), and she's very attractive. I approach her, and say something like "There's all these bees here! We should go!", aand she replies with something like "I am the goddess of bees."

Then there's a momentary gap in my memory, I probably said something.

We're kissing, and soon we get married. I enjoy a few days/weeks of marriage, and then I wake up.

tl;dr: I married the goddess of bees.

Anyone know if this means anything?

Could mean accepting a fear of yours. (You're afraid of bees, correct?) Could also represent your desire to get something accomplished - bees are industrious, after all. Or you might be afraid of - or maybe accepting of? - the rigid organization and hierarchy that bees sometimes represent.

Either that, or you need some extra honey.

Lappy9000
2007-10-17, 04:15 PM
Everyone was turning to vampires, so I went over to my neighbor's house (he was playing videogames, despite the vampiric plague) to borrow a few cloves of garlic to add to my home-made vampire-blasting gun made from a leaf blower.

After adding the garlic juice, I started spraying vampires with it and everyone returned to normal. And there were Christmas trees. Everywhere. Yeah.....

Aramil Liadon
2007-10-17, 04:46 PM
Well, I had this one were I was at home, getting the groceries out of the car. When I come back outside to get the next load, this fat kid from school is there, and asks me what's in the trunk, so I tell him. He asks for some food, but I refuse because he's 300+ lbs, a smoker, and generally rude. So, I put another load of groceries in the house, and when I return, he's peeking into the bags. I tell him (politely) to stop, and he does and walks away. Next time, he's just lifting up one of the bags. Repeat, less politely. Repeat again, but this time I come out of the house and he's running off with two bags of food. I catch up, punch him, take the bags back and carry them inside. However, before I can get in the house, this guy I've never seen (about 16, short, blond, etc.) chucks a knife at me.
Weird part. It hits, and cuts a 3-inch deep slice out of my shoulder (not how throwing knives work). I look at the cut, and see some sliced flesh. Nice, clean cut. Strangely, there's no bone visible. Just feel your shoulder. Somewhere in the top 3 inches, are there any bones? I thought so.
Anywho, I pull the knife out of the gorge in my flesh, wondering what to do with it. The weirdo who threw it says something threatening, along the lines of "Don't mess with...", and the dream ends.
I did, however, distinctly remember that I intended to just ignore the incident and go inside as if nothing had happened.

Lappy9000
2007-10-17, 04:49 PM
Potential death by knife fight? That's a pretty awesome way to go if you had to pick :smallwink:

Vella_Malachite
2007-10-20, 09:35 PM
Mine are a bit whacked...

I was sitting in a classroom next to my friend who was also Harry Potter at the same time...you know how that happens sometimes...and my Year 6 teacher at the head of the class says "OK, silent reading, everyone!", then he starts teasing Joe/Harry because he can't read.

Then I get really angry because it's so unfair and jump up, shouting, "That's discrimination!", then I give a really, really cool equality speech about how Joe/Harry should be given an equal chance, and everyone agrees with me and we all start trashing the classroom.

Also,

I do some janitor work at the school in X-men, but when it comes to payday, I'm walking down the corridor next to Charles Xavier, and he says "Well...um...this is sort of embarrassing, but...the X-men are kind of broke at the moment, and I'm going to have to pay you in sultanas..." and I say "Oh, OK, then" and wake up.

And, finally,

I draw a picture of an eye for an art project, sitting in the middle of the rose garden at school. Then I say to my friend Kat, "This would do really well for my English project, too. I'd better go give it to Mrs. Burrley."

I leave and find Mrs. Burrley, who takes it, studies it for a while, then says "Excellent. You have done well. You are truly ready." and I'm like "What?", and she says "Follow me."

So she leads me out onto a ledge. I look down, and it's a massively deep, vertical, round hole with just our ledge sticking out. I can't see the bottom. Suddenly, Mrs. Burrley screams "ATTACK!!!" and a giant broccoli leaps out of an alcove and attacks me. I manage to send it flying into the chasm, as I do the asparagus and the pair of carrots that come next, and then I wake up.

I also have this weird thing where if I do something in a dream that I don't like, I'll go "wait a minute, that's not meant to happen like that. It's too unrealistic/not dramatic enough/not what I want to happen and I'll do it again. And again. And again. Until my subconscious is satisfied. It's really, really annoying.

Em Blackleaf
2007-10-20, 11:30 PM
Mine are a bit whacked...

I was sitting in a classroom next to my friend who was also Harry Potter at the same time...you know how that happens sometimes...and my Year 6 teacher at the head of the class says "OK, silent reading, everyone!", then he starts teasing Joe/Harry because he can't read.

Then I get really angry because it's so unfair and jump up, shouting, "That's discrimination!", then I give a really, really cool equality speech about how Joe/Harry should be given an equal chance, and everyone agrees with me and we all start trashing the classroom.

Also,

I do some janitor work at the school in X-men, but when it comes to payday, I'm walking down the corridor next to Charles Xavier, and he says "Well...um...this is sort of embarrassing, but...the X-men are kind of broke at the moment, and I'm going to have to pay you in sultanas..." and I say "Oh, OK, then" and wake up.

And, finally,

I draw a picture of an eye for an art project, sitting in the middle of the rose garden at school. Then I say to my friend Kat, "This would do really well for my English project, too. I'd better go give it to Mrs. Burrley."

I leave and find Mrs. Burrley, who takes it, studies it for a while, then says "Excellent. You have done well. You are truly ready." and I'm like "What?", and she says "Follow me."

So she leads me out onto a ledge. I look down, and it's a massively deep, vertical, round hole with just our ledge sticking out. I can't see the bottom. Suddenly, Mrs. Burrley screams "ATTACK!!!" and a giant broccoli leaps out of an alcove and attacks me. I manage to send it flying into the chasm, as I do the asparagus and the pair of carrots that come next, and then I wake up.

I also have this weird thing where if I do something in a dream that I don't like, I'll go "wait a minute, that's not meant to happen like that. It's too unrealistic/not dramatic enough/not what I want to happen and I'll do it again. And again. And again. Until my subconscious is satisfied. It's really, really annoying.

So, you're subconscious is a perfectionist?
I have that too.
Hm.
Weird dreams though. Who knew Harry Potter couldn't read? :smalltongue:

Rockphed
2007-10-21, 03:46 AM
There was one a while ago where I was being inaugurated president of the US and my "Most Trusted Advisor" tried to kill me. I think I died at the end and my Vice President reformed the world.

The really scary thing was the flying bomb thing that tried to kill me. It was white and looked like the garden dwellers' swarmer fighter from Homeworld. It moved like one too.

Vella_Malachite
2007-10-21, 03:52 AM
So, you're subconscious is a perfectionist?
I have that too.
Hm.
Weird dreams though. Who knew Harry Potter couldn't read? :smalltongue:

Glad to know someone else does...I was feeling crazy there for a while...:smalltongue:
And, who knows what my subconscious does, and why? Sometimes, I scare me.:smalleek:

Superglucose
2007-10-21, 12:24 PM
Last night I had a a dream where this girl was cloned, but the clone was a bad replicate. My friend and I had to decide which girl was real, and which wasn't, and I figured it out right away because she and I had been seeing each other, so for the rest of the dream she and I were making out while taunting my friend because he couldn't figure out which one was real.

I had a dream similar to that one recently, but it turned out that I had in fact picked the wrong girl... :smallyuk:

Tempest Fennac
2007-10-21, 12:47 PM
I've had a few lucid dreams where I've realised that I was dreaming before changing some details, but mostly I think the dreams are real while I'm asleep.

Lemur
2007-10-21, 01:10 PM
I don't usually remember my dreams, but I had a fairly vivid one a few days ago.

So the world has undergone some climate-altering catastrophe, apparently due to global warming. As a result, clouds are all but gone from the sky, and the sun beats down with its oppressive heat year round. Stormclouds will develop out of nowhere, and a strange kind of poison rain will fall from the sky. The rain by itself is not dangerous, but it causes all plant life it touches to grow poisonous nettles, which shoot at anyone unlucky enough to be caught outside in the rain.

The surviving population lives inside climate controlled buildings. Although cities are mostly abandoned, I somehow managed to get into a skyscraper, which was connected with other city buildings, and was modified to produce neccessities for those within.

So yeah, strange stuff. This reminds me, does anyone else read Slow Wave (http://www.slowwave.com/index.php)?

Mad Scientist
2007-10-21, 08:29 PM
I had a reoccuring bad dream all through my childhood.
I dream that I'm standing on the shore of the ocean. It is a cool day with a gray sky, gray water, and gray sand. I'm down by the waters edge and I notice that the sand has been eroded away so that I am next to a shoulder high wall of damp sand. I start thinking "that's odd, how am I suppossed to get off the beach?" when I hear something way out in the ocean. I turn to look and notice a HUGE WAVE coming towards me. Its taller than I can see, just a mountain of gray water rushing in. I start trying to get away by climbing the sand, but it keeps crumbling away. There's nothing to grab onto, it's too high to jump on top of, and the faster I dig at it the faster it crumbles. I'm buried up to my knees in sand with the giant wave rushing in and I look up and all I see is water rushing down towards me. I know I'm going to die. And then I wake up.
I had that dream over and over. Really scary.

Hooded1
2007-10-23, 02:45 AM
Last night I dreamt of a Zombie outbreak. My best friend was penned into his dorm at school and was talking to me on the phone. I was trying as hard as I could to get there and help, but there was traffic. (he lives a could 2 hours away) Things were getting worse and worse on his end as zombies atarted to break trough the defenses in his building. I was literally weeping with frustration. eventually, I hear the moans of the zombies over the screams of their pray. I coulud hear him telling his girlfriend to run before the line went dead. However, when I got there he was alive, but he was ****ed up because he had to abandon his girl.

Not a fun dream. I didn't even get to kill a single zombie.

Strategos
2007-10-23, 09:36 AM
I can usually only remember my dreams for a minute or two after I wake up and then forget them. But I can remember some of them.

Like the recurring dream I have when I'm very sick.
I think the first time I had it was when I was three or four, the most recent time I had it was three years ago. I'm at a river with some other people that I can't see and we need to clean the rocks in the river by practically swallowing them and them spitting them back up. I haven't been that sick in a while though, but I can still remember the feel in my throat of the different size and shape rocks.

Then there was the dream where 1920's mobsters come to our house.
I had this dream when I was in 3rd Grade. It was night and I hear a knock at the door. Two 1920's mobsters are standing at the door, one's tall and dressed in brown the other is short and dressed in grey. I invite them in, but they stay in the doorway, thenhey start asking me questions, I answer them in a polite manner. This goes on for a while. When they finish the short one thanks me for my help and the tall one pulls a tommy gun out of nowhere and shoots me in the stomach with it. I wake up screaming and with a pain in my stomach. When I stopped screaming I was annoyed that they shot me even though I was exceedingly polite, which now strikes me as rather odd.

The dream where I'm writing a superhero book.
Again this dream was when I was in the third grade. In this dream I'm writing a book in calligraphy, all the while imagining the story in my head, within the dream. The story I was writing involved an Action figure I had at the time, and despite the fact that the figure was male in my dream the character was female and was named "Electro Magnesium," the villain was another of my toys but not normally one I used as a villain, some kind of dragon. Then it was just your average superhero style dream except that I could see my hand writing out the events as they were happening. Nothing really odd about this except that I was dreaming about imagining something and writing it down in the dream and the fact that after that dream I could never think of the toy as a male and gave it the name she had in my dream.

The final fantasy style boss fight dream.
This happened two years ago while I was still at school, a week before I had to take the HSC. I'm sitting on the seat where me and my freinds normally sit, but there was no one there. Jason, who I get on well with but isn't a close friend, walks in the door. We talk about how strange it is that no one but is is at school when Paige, a girl in most of my classes we didn't really talk that much, comes running down the hall. She tells us that something is abducting the other students and it's getting away. We follow her outside where we see this garbage truck like thing with vaccum cleaner like attachments sucking up students before driving away.

We follow it back to where it's going, we sneak inside the building and got to the top floor. There we're confronted by my Librarian for Warhammer 40k (which I'd built earlier that week). He gives a big evil villain style speech and we begin the fight. Jason ends up being a White Mage, Paige is a Fighter and I'm a Black Mage, it turns into the Final Fantasy X battle screen, I can see our HP/MP, the order which things happen, even the battle music's playing in the background. After a rather long battle we manage to beat him, Paige ends up dealing the finishing blow. As he's dying, Viridius (my Librarian), tells us that we're fools, that he was trying to stop some evil cosmic entity and now it's to late. We turn around to see a big, floating thing with tentacles, we prepare for another boss fight... but I wake up instead.

And finally, The dream with the song.
This is the most recent dream I can remember, it happened around the beginning of May this year. I was standing in a vast, pure white plain that stretched as far as I could see. Next to me was a grand piano with a guy in a powder-blue tuxedo sitting at it. When I turned around I saw a beautiful girl, about 19 with long dark blue hair sitting on a stool. The guy in the tuxedo begins to play a tune, I'm so taken with her beauty that I begin to sing to her. During the dream I thought it was clever and beautiful, just like the girl; but now I'm not quite sure, I woke up just as the song ended and promptly forgot most of the song. I really want to hear it again but I'm certain I made it up and will never hear it fully again. I can remember just enough of it so thal almost six months later I'm still going nuts trying to remember the rest of the words.

You know, looking at them written down, my dreams seem really weird. Oh well :smalltongue: .

A Rainy Knight
2007-10-27, 09:35 AM
Just last night, I had another one of my weird nightmares. Extremely weird, for any who want to read.

Basically, I was seeing a made-up horror movie with only the scary parts. There were these giant, silvery worms who always came in pairs and always said, "We are the Furies." Then, later in this 'movie,' it was hinted at that they look like little fish when they are young and that it is set at a beachside hotel. Then it cuts to this elderly lady in the hotel hospital (?). Suddenly, one of the Furies bursts out of her face and slithers out of the room. All the people in the room scream. Suddenly, it cuts to someplace near the end of the movie, with a girl I have a crush on having some sort of conversation with three other people I don't remember. Then I wake up.

The strangest part is that I didn't figure into the dream in any way, I was just observing it.

Manticorkscrew
2007-10-27, 10:40 AM
The scariest recurring dream I had when I was a little kid was this:

'I was playing at the bottom of my Aunt's garden (actually, the garden looked more like an amalgam of my Aunt's garden and the garden at my parent's house. But in the dream I knew it was my Aunt's garden).

'Anyway, my family were sitting at the table at the top of the garden, talking.

'Sitting there, playing by myself, I noticed that my family had gone. I got up and started to walk back towards the house, in search of them. All of a sudden, I just knew that something was following me, so I started to speed up.

'I ran faster and faster, but I knew whatever was following me was still getting closer. I ran through the door into the house, and I knew that whatever was following was right behind me, and that it was about to get me.

'That's when I kicked out at it-'

And I woke up. I'd lashed out and kicked the wall.

I was only about 5 years old at the time, and the dream was scary enough to me then that I've remembered it all this time. Does anyone care to analyse that one? :smallsmile:

Reptilius
2007-10-27, 11:09 AM
This dream actually happened last night. I'm already starting to forget it.

I know it involved a demonic/zombie invasion. It might have been in my school but the layout was all different. I saw people fleeing/ fighting off assorted abominations (adults too, may be it was a conference night?). I managed to escape the school through a window (?). By the time I got outside, I found out that some people had been evacuated, the creatures were barely contained within the school, and a few people were preparing to go back in. I also found out that I was supposed to remain inside for some reason. There was a heated argument some pleading, but finally, my band teacher (?) guilted me into returning. I had some unknown epiphany, and decided to lead the fight to reclaim the school. I gave an inspirational speech, which was really cool and involved how I would wrench their heads from their bodies, bathe in their blood, and feast on their corpses.Despite sounding like the rantings of a teenaged psychopath, it was inspiring somehow inspiring. We rushed into the school, but before battle could be joined, I vanished. I reappeared in what looked like I warehouse, and could hear fitting outside. In front of me was a man with a yellow suit telling me how the demon (leader-thing) was mad at me, and revealed this 20-foot tall hulking beast. I fled outside, with it chasing me. It burst through the wall to follow me. People ran up to it to distract it, while I went through a door in the side of the warehouse. I was in some victorian-style house. But it was dungeon-esque (easy puzzles, larger inside than out, etc.) I picked up a large block and put it on a large switch and ran through the door. When I went through, I heard slow footsteps on the stairs I knew it was the man in yellow, and that he was coming to kill me. I'm not sure how I solved the other puzzles, or how I performed the magic ritual that trapped/killed him. I heard some kind of otherworldy scream, then got flashes of old Angel episodes. Then I woke up.

My lesson: Don't eat six slices of pizza slathered in hot sauce while playing FFXII and watching an entire season of Angel at 1:00 AM. Ick.

Early in the morning, at about 5:30 AM, when I'm supposed to be waking up, I doze back off and dream that I'm getting dressed and making breakfast. Then I wake up and think, "Crap." This usually happens about twice in a row when it happens. Once I even shouted out that I was ready, but realized I was still lying in bed.