PDA

View Full Version : Anderlith’s Amazing Artificer Alterations 2 Arcane Boogaloo

Anderlith
2019-05-21, 01:53 PM
It’s ya boy Anderlith back at it again with the homebrew

So with the advent of the new subclasses the Artificer is shaping up to be an incredibly versatile & rewarding class. Though I do have some problems & nitpicks that I want to address & would encourage the playground to critique. I like to bounce ideas off of people.

He we go. Firstly, have the Artificer split at level one. You get the 2 Tool Profs & the bonus spells starting at level one. You gain the Expertise & Homunculus at level three as normal. The Level 10 Cantrip swap ability is disappointing, it feels like a place saver or a ribbon, so let’s add UMD since there is no reason an Artificer shouldn’t have USe Magical Device

In addition, I feel that level 7 & 11, widely considered “dead levels” should get “+1 Attunement slot” building up the the Artificer’s Capstone of 6

>>>The Artillerist’s Turret should be replaced by;
>>Arcane Cannonade
You create a medium sized construct that can take the form of say a belching frogbeast, a drake/dragon with a cannon mouth, or a diminutive golem with a cannon on its back, basically any squat vaguely quadrupedal or “monkey run” type creature with a visible cannon as a mouth or mounted to it. You pick one configuration & can change it per short or long rest. You may command the Arcane Cannonade to take an action (Attack/heal) as a bonus action. You may also cast any spell you could normally cast through the Arcane Cannonade & using its senses.

HP: 5xLevel +Int
AC: 18
Spd: 30ft

Immunity to Poison, charm, exhaustion
Darkvision 60ft
Skills: Athletics +2 Perception +4

Might of the Master

Actions:
Arcane Cannon 1d10 Force Damage
(Configurations) 3 uses per short or long rest
Flamethrower
Force Ballista
Healing Aura

Reaction
Repulse, if struck make the target makes a DC 10+Int+Prof or be flung back 10ft

Stats
Str 14
Dex 10
Con 15
Int 4
Wis 10
Cha 7

>>At level 6 you can add your Int to all Arcane Cannonade attacks

>>At level 14 you get Fortified Position as normal except instead of getting two turrets the damage of all attacks/healing aura made by the Arcane Cannonade gain an extra die of damage, & Repulse does 1d6 damage

>>>The Archivist

Left mostly unchanged except that the manifested mind has 5 HP x Level & an AC of 1