PDA

View Full Version : Pyromancy sorcerer (Kaladesh)

Sirithhyando
2019-05-23, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to see if there's an interesting connection between the "Heart of fire" ability and some spells.

I was wondering if the "Dragon breath" spell trigger the "Heart of fire" ability.
If it does, when?
Casting this spell doesn't do damage so it doesn't trigger the ability.
Using the attack option given by the spell isn't "casting a spell" so it shouldn't trigger it.

But, I know that sometime interaction aren't that simple to see and I could be mistaken.

There was something at one point that said you can't twin a spell that do have only one target but because there was a 2nd effect to the spell that could target another it wasn't eligible for twin. Pretty that came from a sage advice but it's not in the official list of sage advice.

Anyway, I'm confuse and I'd like to make sure with the community. And if I'm wrong and the spell does apply, I'd like a link to the official ruling.

Thanks everyone

Vogie
2019-05-23, 02:00 PM
I don't think it would. It's not explicitly a fire spell, it's more of a "transform dude" spell, and the dude deals the fire damage.

If you wanted it to trigger, I'd probably have it trigger if:

You've cast it on yourself
When you yourself breath fire

Nhorianscum
2019-05-23, 02:50 PM
It does not trigger HoF sadly.

Your DM may allow the two to interact on breath use if their lenient and you bring their favorite food to the game though...