PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Paragon (Hybrid Class) PEACH

continuumg
2019-05-23, 12:09 PM
Description:
A paragon trains his body to peak physical conditions, stretching the limits of what the humanoid form is cable of, and then forces himself to surpass those limits.

Hit Die: d12
Saves: Will
Skills: 4+Int

Parent Classes: Barbarian and Kineticist

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort
Ref
Will
Features

+1
Burn, Fast Movement

+2
Relentless Force

+3
Brace Yourself

+4
Paragon’s Physique, Bonus Feat

+5
Stalwart

+6/+1
Pent-Up Rage 1

+7/+2
Unyielding Flesh 1

+8/+3
Bonus Feat

+9/+4
Push the Limits 1

+10/+5
Unyielding Flesh 2

+11/+6/+1
Stability

+12/+7/+2
Pent-Up Rage 2, Bonus Feat

+13/+8/+3
Unyielding Flesh 3

+14/+9/+4
Tireless

+15/+10/+5
Paragon’s Onslaught

+16/+11/+6/+1
Unyielding Flesh 4, Bonus Feat

+17/+12/+7/+2
Push the Limits 2

+18/+13/+8/+3
Pent-Up Rage 3

+19/+14/+9/+4
Unyielding Flesh 5

+20/+15/+10/+5
Physical Perfection, Bonus Feat

Class Skills
Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Fly, Intimidate, Profession, Ride, Sleight-of-Hand, Stealth, Survival, Swim

Proficiencies
A paragon is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, as well as light and medium armor. (But not shields)

Burn
At 1st level, a paragon can overexert himself to achieve great feats, pushing past the limit of what is safe for his body by accepting burn. Some of his class features allow him to accept burn in exchange for a greater effect, while others require him to accept a certain amount of burn to use that ability at all. For each point of burn he accepts, a paragon takes 1 point of nonlethal damage per character level. This damage can’t be healed by any means other than getting a full night’s rest, which removes all burn and associated nonlethal damage. Nonlethal damage from burn can’t be reduced or redirected, and a paragon incapable of taking nonlethal damage can’t accept burn. A paragon can accept only 1 point of burn per round. This limit rises to 2 points of burn at 6th level, and rises by 1 additional point every 3 levels thereafter. A paragon can’t choose to accept burn if it would put his total number of points of burn higher than 3 + his Constitution modifier (though he can be forced to accept more burn from a source outside his control). A paragon who has accepted burn never benefits from abilities that allow him to ignore or alter the effects he receives from nonlethal damage.

Fast Movement
A paragon's base land speed increases by 10 feet. By accepting any number of points of burn, he can increase his base speed by 5 additional feet for each point of burn he spent for 1 round.

Relentless Force
Starting at 2nd level, a paragon can accept any number of points of burn in order to add twice that much to the damage of all melee and thrown weapon attacks, and to the result of all combat maneuver checks, that he makes this turn.

Brace Yourself
Starting at 3rd level, a paragon can brace himself as a move action. This allows the paragon to reduce the total burn cost of an ability he uses in the same round by 1 point. The paragon can instead brace himself for 1 full round in order to reduce the total burn cost of an ability used on his next turn by 2 points. If he does so, he can also brace himself as a move action during his next turn to reduce the burn cost by a total of 3 points. If the paragon takes damage during or after gathering power and before using the class feature that releases it, he must succeed at a fortitude saving throw (DC = 10 + damage taken) or strain himself, forcing him to accept a number of points of burn equal to the number of points by which he would have reduced the burn cost by bracing himself. This ability can never reduce the burn cost of a class feature below 0 points.

Bonus Feats
At 4th level, and every four following levels, a paragon can choose to gain any combat feat as a bonus feat.

Paragon's Physique
At 4th level, a paragon can accept 1 point of burn in order to add his constitution modifier to any Strength check, Dexterity check, or to any strength or dexterity-based skill check.

Stalwart
At 5th level, when a paragon succeeds on a fortitude or will save against a spell or spell-like-ability that has a partial effect even on a successful save, he is completely unaffected by it.

Pent-Up Rage
Starting at 6th level, a paragon gains increasing benefits from accepting burn. Whenever he has at least 3 points of burn, he gains a +2 Morale bonus to his strength and constitution, as well as a +1 morale bonus on will saves. The increase to Constitution grants the paragon 1 hit point per Hit Dice.
At 12th level, as long as the paragon has at least 5 points of burn, the bonuses to strength and constitution increase to +4, and the bonus to will saves increases to +2.
At 18th level, as long as the paragon has at least 7 points of burn, the bonuses to strength and constitution increase to +6, and the bonus to will saves increases to +3.

Unyielding Flesh
Starting at 7th level, a paragon gains DR 1/–. This DR increases by 1 at 10th level, and every three following levels. By accepting 1 point of burn, he can increase this DR by 1 until the next time his burn is removed, up to a maximum of double his original DR.

Push the Limits
Starting at 9th level, a paragon reduces the burn cost of his Fast Movement, Relentless Force, and Paragon’s Onslaught abilities by 1. (To a minimum of 0)
This reduction increases to 2 at 17th level.

Stability
At 11th level, when bracing himself as a move action, a paragon can reduce the total burn cost of a single ability by 2 points instead of 1. When bracing himself for 1 full round, he can reduce the burn cost of a single ability by 3 points instead of 2.

Tireless
At 14th level a paragon becomes immune to fatigue, and to nonlethal damage from sources other than burn.

Paragon’s Onslaught
At 15th level, a paragon can accept any number of points of burn as a full round action in order to make that many melee and/or thrown weapon attacks at his highest attack bonus.

Physical Perfection
At 20th level, a paragon’s strength, dexterity, and constitution scores increase by 4 each.

Blooming_Earth
2019-05-30, 11:20 AM
I like this. It's like you have the power of muscle!

I feel like you can safely buff the class without it being too good. Paizo's official classes are supported by getting a slot to fill, usually every even level when you're not already getting feats. For example, Magi get some bonus combat feats but they also get Magus Arcana every even level. The easiest solution I can think of is to allow you to take Rage powers every 3 levels (but not Extra Rage Power) and you gain the effects so long as you have a certain amount of Burn. So if anything I think the class is less powerful than the official classes due to a lack of options. I think what you have is great, and that adding more stuff will be a good way to improve it.

One thing I really like is that to make up for all that Burn you're using, Pent-Up Rage gives you back hit points, 1 hp/HD just like the hp Burn takes away from you. I feel like this was well designed because the class is clearly trying to be inherently survivable.

I haven't done any math for this, but the damage potential looks pretty solid. Even if you've already spent all your Burn, you still are able to get bonuses to str/con/will equivalent to Rage, and at level 9/17 you get +2/+4 on all damage/cmb rolls. You could even probably apply Relentless Force to attack rolls too to put it more on par with other martials.

continuumg
2019-05-30, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I’m glad you liked it!
I did consider having relentless force apply half the bonus to melee attack rolls, but felt it might cause some confusion if the bonus to attack rolls and the bonus to maneuver rolls was different.
I also thought about rage powers. I’ll think about how I might want to integrate them, or whether I’ll create some new ones specifically for this class (as I did with my barbarian/fighter hybrid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?570621-Challenger-Fighter-Barbarian-Hybrid-(PEACH))).
One thing I am considering is to have Paragon’s Onslaught fill the slot that Stalwart has right now. This would give the paragon an option for much higher average attack rolls whenever they’re in the position to full-attack.
I’m glad you like Pent-Up Rage. If you look closely, you’ll realize that it’s both just passive rage and a slightly buffed version of elemental overflow, without the choice to boost dexterity. I do like how it allows you to basically ignore your 3rd, 5th, and 7th points of burn.

Ethereal Gears
2019-06-14, 10:53 AM
what's the thought process behind this class having a bad Fort save? It just seems thematically very wonky. Otherwise, I like this quite a bit, though I will echo the sentiment that it could use some kind of talent/selectable ability system to make character creation and advancement with the class more dynamic.