PDA

View Full Version : Cleric build

Ha Do Ken
2019-05-23, 03:16 PM
Ok kids a friend of mine is starting a new 3.5 d&d campaign and I'm gonna play a Cleric. I'm looking for advice on a decent build. I should point out that I'm not going to focus on 20 lvls because the GM is very fickle and I honestly don't see the campaign stretching past 10th lvl. This is what I've got so far.

Strength 17
Dexterity 10
Constitution 13
Intelligence 11
Wisdom 16
Charisma 12
Human
Domains Planning and Undeath
Feats Extend Spell (from Planning Domain)
Extra Turning (from Undeath Domain)
Persist Spell (1st lvl feat)
DMM Persist Spell (bonus feat)
Skills...yet to be decided.

Any advice is much appreciated

Thnx.

bean illus
2019-05-23, 04:31 PM
... 3.5 d&d Cleric. ... 10th lvl.

Strength 17
Dexterity 10
Constitution 13
Intelligence 11
Wisdom 16
Charisma 12
Human
Domains Planning and Undeath
Feats Extend Spell (from Planning Domain)
Extra Turning (from Undeath Domain)
Persist Spell (1st lvl feat)
DMM Persist Spell (bonus feat)
Skills...yet to be decided.

Thnx.

What sources? What roles are you hoping to cover?

Depending on DM you could stack domains on your cleric with prcs. Of common interest are:

Church Inquisitor
Paragnostic Apostle
Sacred Exorcist
Divine Oracle

Ordained Champion (loses a level)
Ruathar (why not)

Seeker of the Misty Isle (elf)

Ha Do Ken
2019-05-23, 06:30 PM
What sources? What roles are you hoping to cover?

Depending on DM you could stack domains on your cleric with prcs. Of common interest are:

Church Inquisitor
Paragnostic Apostle
Sacred Exorcist
Divine Oracle

Ordained Champion (loses a level)
Ruathar (why not)

Seeker of the Misty Isle (elf)

Dm is allowing all non specific setting books (so nothing from Faerun, Eberron etc), basic PHB races only. I'm thinking of going Cloistered Cleric just for the 1st lvl and then maybe the Crusader/RKV route....too many options.

CMagnum
2019-05-23, 07:05 PM
I'm having fun playing a cleric 4/ordained champion. With power attack and all the smites I'm keeping up with our barbarian in damage and way more useful all around. Just be aware of giving up spontaneous healing.

bean illus
2019-05-23, 09:56 PM
I'm having fun playing a cleric 4/ordained champion. With power attack and all the smites I'm keeping up with our barbarian in damage and way more useful all around. Just be aware of giving up spontaneous healing.

I enjoy Ordained Champion, though it does stall divine power till 8th level, or later. In that case i enter OC at ec6 so level 8 is OC 3.

OC 5 is cool with the Wis to hit and dam, but in that case maybe dump some Str for Cha/?.

Either way, consider Church Inquisitor for free inquisition domain.

Cloistered 3/ church inq 2/ OC 5
Trade knowledge and inquisition at 6th for 2 fighter feats and get power attack. Now you quicken divine power and enlarge person, while using wisdom for dam and channeling spells through your weapon (with weapon focus for +1)