PDA

View Full Version : Building an Argent Palace dungeon run. Help!

Vhagar
2019-05-24, 11:06 AM
I’m currently building a dungeon run where a party of 6 will be running through the argent palace. This is a one off and I’m trying to decided what level to start the party at. I decided on level 18 but am starting to think with all the madness effects and strong demons that may not be high enough. This is kind of like a beta test for a campaign I’m building which will start at level one. One of the reasons I chose level 18 for this on off is because I didn’t want to “pop there level 20 cherry” so to speak so they have something to look forward to in the new campaign.

“Spoiler” I don’t intend for the characters to survive the argent palace because the idea is that the events of this run take place 100 years prior to the new campaign and the new characters will come across the corpses of these one off characters later on. I want them to be strong enough to at least make it to Graz’zt though.

Looking for advice as to whether or not to start everyone of at level 20 or stick with level 18. Also if anyone has ideas for flavor for the argent palace I’m open to suggestions. Thanks!