PDA

View Full Version : Celestia's Finest: Comrades in Arms

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Miltonian
2019-05-24, 04:07 PM
Date: (REDACTED}

Interviewee: General Ironbeak

Interviewer: Dr. Hyper Thought

Notes: Subject had to be heavily restrained and dosed with 10cc enriched maginum in order to keep him from attempting to kill any member of Tartarus Station staff that came within range.

And even then, he was very belligerent. Not someone you want to meet in a dark alley. My condolences to the ponies who had to capture him.
Dr. H. Thought

(BEGIN LOG)
Due to the nature of the subject, the first hour of the log contains nothing but insults and taunts directed at Dr. Hyper Thought, including a wide range of recipes for cooking batpony. Apparently, the eyes are tastier compared to other breeds. A full log can be found in Document 194-734-A

Dr. Thought: ...Fascinating, yes. Absolutely fascinating. But unfortunately, I am not about to let myself be chopped up and put in a pot.

(Subject cackles and leers.)

Dr. Thought: Let’s get back to the matter at hoof. If I recall correctly, you and your worship the fourth god of the griffon pantheon, Maar, correct? The god of winter and death?

Ironbeak: Ah, you do know something about my kind then. Yes, we are followers of Maar. What of it?

Dr. Thought: Explain your faith. In your own words.

Ironbeak: Faith? Ha! What a very pony-like way of thinking. We do not distinguish between faith and fact, as you do doctor.

Dr. Thought: Why?

Ironbeak: It’s a meaningless distinction. The Three Laws would exist no matter what you believe. They shape the whole world. In a way, they are the world.

Dr. Thought: The three laws of robotics?

(Subject becomes agitated)
Ironbeak: No! Foolish pony! (Spits. Additional dose administered. Begins chuckling) The Three Laws...the Three Laws...can you guess them?

Dr. Thought: Based upon my knowledge of your kind, I would guess something like, ‘Devour the Weak’, ‘The Strong Shall Rule’, and ‘Genocide is Okay, so Long as WE’RE the Ones Doing It’.

Ironbeak: You mock me, but those are all under the first rule. The Rule of Flesh.

Dr. Thought: Morbid. Explain.

Ironbeak: The Rule of Flesh is simple. It is the natural order of things. Yes, the strong survive and prey on the weak. Those who rule have absolute dominion. They can bind whole peoples, whole nations to their will. The only Order is that imposed by the Will! That is our Law, doctor. That is the way of the Corvid.

Dr. Thought: Then what of the other two laws? If they are not for you--

Ironbeak: The second is for you, doctor, and all the other ponies. Yours is the law of iron.

Dr. Thought: Explain.

Ironbeak: You think that, by classifying, dissecting, understanding the world, you can bind it. You can contain it, secure it, and protect yourselves behind your armor of logic and reason. And so, you call us barbarians. Barbarians! As if we were some sort of artifact, a relic beneath your consideration.

Dr. Thought: So what are you?

Ironbeak: Oh we are brutal, vicious, and cruel. But we are real. You are so wedded to your idea of ‘progress’ that you can’t see anything but a world steadily advancing towards some unseen goal. And yet, your buildings are made of calcifying concrete. You shamble around each day, living your lives to support not a Will, but a System. Your armor has become your cage. That is the Second Law, doctor.

Dr. Thought: And...the third?

Ironbeak: The Third is not a Law, it is an outcome. The two laws will always fight, and so the Third is the Law of Screaming. It’s the sound of the War, the war between Order and Chaos. And Maar, Maar lives for the war. He is the voice howling in the wind, one filled with rage and anger. Where he goes, death follows. Yours is Order, ours is Chaos. Don’t try to deny it! I know your true master, (REDACTED)! And after we devour the Sun and Moon, he shall learn that there is far more Darkness in the sky than there are Stars!

(The subject is sedated and the interview is terminated)

With a bit of light reading, Harrier Squad zooms across the ocean on the ‘Bird, Star at the helm, travelling far outside of Equestria this time. They head for the land of Vedina, a peninsula on the northern part of the Griffon Continent near to the islands where the corvids make their homes. Their mission: assist the Equestrian garrison and local military forces in defeating the corvid tribes, who have launched a series of raids against the coast. Rumor has it that General Ironbeak is in charge, cutting a brutal swathe through the countryside.

Vedina is hereditary monarchy and long-time ally of Equestria, with a mixed pony-griffon population, and allows Equestria to maintain several bases inside their territory, so the EDF can expect a warm welcome...as warm as griffons give anyway.

“So!” Star calls, “How was everyone’s leave? They kicked me out of the hangar at one point, so I had to spend mine on the beach.”

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-24, 05:02 PM
Star's attitude contrasted sharply with that of Iron Beak's interview. The Corvid's attitude was rather ominous and the redacted portions of the report did little to ease his mind.

Why did it seem like every creature knew the plot of this little venture but themselves?

"Profitable in knowledge and finance thanks to Love's help." Longshot calls back to Star. "Of course, the new back drained all of that earned capital."

He shifted in his seat and noted that moving in armor no longer felt awkward. Weird how fast he'd picked this up. It was another example of his little his stubbornness helped him.

"Zero says 'hello' by the way."

DigoDragon
2019-05-24, 05:31 PM
Rose listened to the interview, allowing a moment to consider the last part a valuable argument to take I.B. prisoner. The conversation seeps into her ears once the recording finished.

"I spent a few weeks in Stalliongrad with my sister hunting down extremists for cash, then a good month in and around Germaney getting my insides replaced by dubious chrome from an equally dubious chop shop. Panned out well enough that only one of my legs rejected the surgery." She held up her right foreleg, the only leg obviously mechanical, but it had molded steel to give it the appearance of muscle. The other three legs were good faux fur over cybernetics, with just some seams visible at the joints.

"After that I worked on my Chrysalis fan club and sent my sister off to a friend for boot camp."

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-25, 12:26 PM
"It should be interesting to see the before and after boot camp experience. More power to her." Longshot comments.

He nods. "The new look suits you."

Elbeyon
2019-05-25, 01:00 PM
The interview weighs on her mind. A few buttons get pressed. Switches get thrown. Love ponies the sensor while sitting next to Star and keeps an eye on their surroundings. The clear skies are a relaxing sight. She goes on alert anytime they fly nearish an island. The view is beautiful, and Love has one of the best seats on the ship for such a view.

Vedina. Griffons and Corvids. Love had more experience with the former than the later. The rumors over Ironbeak, after that interview, cause unease. This mission is a tough nut to crack. Hopefully, the local griffons are hospitable.

Longshot is the pony that wrote the book, brought the goods to market, but Love feels she helped enough she accepts the compliment without comment. She is happy to help Longshot spread a little capital K Kindness (in her view).

Though unnecessary since Love has tried to maintain contact with Zero, Love turns and says, "Tell her I said, 'hey' back." Love should think about bringing Zero and friends a souvenir.

"Stalliongrand and Germaney." Rose... "That's quite the trek. Did you travel by air?"

"I'm sorry about the leg rejection."

"Sounds like an interesting club. Did you see Chrysalis over your vacation?"

Love hasn't seen much of Rose lately. She is curious how she is doing.

Love smiles at Star, "The beach was lovely. I had a great leave."

Miltonian
2019-05-25, 01:16 PM
"Aw," Star says, "Tell her I say hi too." She grins over at Love. "Yeah. The beach was great. I think I love Mexicolt the best."

"Oh! Scarlet is joining the military? Huh." Star thinks for a moment. "We'll try not to give her the boot, eh? Booted from boot camp. Heh."

"As an update, we'll be approaching the shores of Vedina in about 20. Wheels down in 30."

DigoDragon
2019-05-25, 05:25 PM
"Well, no my sis isn't actually joining the military. Not yet that I know of. I have a couple friends training her to fight and shoot. Might give her a self-confidence boost."

"And yeah, I flew around places."

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-25, 06:09 PM
"If I run into Zero again, I'll pass along the message." Longshot replies. "I most likely will given that I've got to report back for a diagnostic and check up once we're done with the mission."

LS nods in response to Rose's explanation. "It never hurts to know what to do in a fight. I'm sure she'll get some use out of it."

"Sounds good, Star. Now that the in-flight movie is done, there's not much reason to keep circling." He jests.

Elbeyon
2019-05-25, 07:34 PM
"The heart stays close to home. Mexicolt food was so good!" Love puts her hoofs closer to her mouth. "My mouth is watering just thinking about all the food." She chuckles and says to the group, "I may have gone overboard with the offered spices a few times." Love cools her tongue with a wave of the hoof.

To Star, "Roger. Message received."

Love feels like one of her questions was left unanswered.

To Longshot, "We appreciate it. We'll cover your flank kicking tech." She smiles at what is meant as a compliment. "Get you past that check up as well." She winks.

To Rose, "Yet? Is Scarlet thinking about joining the military? It'll help keep her out of trouble." Hopefully, Red Shield's need for a weapon is minimal and the she doesn't need one to get out of trouble. Traveling the world, doing stuff. It sounds like Red Shield is putting herself in danger. That has Love worried. Sounds like she is getting some training though...

To Rose, "Did you manage to relax on your leave? Sounds like work. I hope you had a time to enjoy your flights and vacation. We stopped by Germaney." Love chuckles. "We might have just missed each other on the road!"

DigoDragon
2019-05-25, 08:07 PM
"It never hurts to know what to do in a fight. I'm sure she'll get some use out of it."

"She better," Rose adds softly, but loud enough for LS to hear it. "I love her, but I can't fight her bullies for her."

To Rose, "Yet? Is Scarlet thinking about joining the military? It'll help keep her out of trouble."

To Rose, "Did you manage to relax on your leave? Sounds like work. I hope you had a time to enjoy your flights and vacation. We stopped by Germaney." Love chuckles. "We might have just missed each other on the road!"

"She hasn't told me she would, but she'll keep certain secrets even from me if she wants to, so... you'll have to ask her," Rose answers. "As for relaxing, I'll do plenty of it after i'm dead."

Miltonian
2019-05-26, 12:43 AM
"It was very good," Star says. To the rest, she adds, "If you all ever get the chance, you have to try Mexicolt food in Mexicolt. It's so much better than what they serve in Canterlot."

Star chuckles at Rose's comment. "After you're dead, eh? Grave situation you're in, no bones about it. Least you're in the spirit of things."

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-26, 06:32 AM
To Love: "I think the irony is going to be worse than the follow-up visits but, eh, it's going to be a long-term process getting patched up. If the cybernetics work as advertised, though, the advantages will be worth it."

"Sounds like a common denominator problem." Longshot whispers back to Rose.

He continues loud enough for the others to hear: "Given what I've been told, I'm willing to bet that any nation's local cuisine is better than our feeble replication attempts. Thankfully, though, 90% of my diet consists of salad and those are hard to ruin."

"Which is what happens when you hang about the local haunt." One last pun for the road.

DigoDragon
2019-05-26, 08:14 AM
Rose shrugs. "Either of you want to see the row of bodies I plotted out while I was in Mareinev?"

userpay
2019-05-26, 12:40 PM
"Relaxing, relaxing, and more relaxing." Brazen stretches out. "Well and reports but what soldier doesn't have to do that from time to time." The interview didn't sit to well with Brazen either though who knew how much was actual knowledge and how much was the General being insane.

Elbeyon
2019-05-26, 12:52 PM
To Rose. Love chuckles. "She is a security expert. Sure, I'll shoot her a message and try to arrange a get together."

Love points at Star, looking happy, "Good spuns! Or, should I say: urns?" She smiles real big at that one.

To Longshot. Love gives him smirk. Good one as well. "I've been wanting to see you in action! You have me so curious!" She nods. "I'm here."

To Longshot. Love smiles real big. "Don't think I'll let you escape my cooking! A cook needs to know her audience. I've been picking up salad recipes and was hoping to test them on you. They are sure to tantalize the taste buds." Love is a pretty good cook so she isn't threatening him or anything.

To Longshot. Love says, "Ahh! That was hauntingly awesome! I need to pass on that one. ", at his most obvious pun.

To Rose's plotting, "Like you did architecture?"

To Brazen, "Sounds like you had a good leave. Did you do any traveling with Seafire?"

Miltonian
2019-05-26, 01:34 PM
"Glad to hear you all haven't tired of my jokes yet," Star quips, "I worry I'm losing my edge sometimes."

"Row of...?" Star glances back for a moment. "Uh, is that what I think it is?"

In a few moments, however, she has to turn her attention to the comms and start relaying their information to the traffic control. After all, no one wants to get mistakenly blown out of the sky today.

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-26, 02:31 PM
"I have no comments on reports. Only that I'm sure the opportunity for salad will come in time. Otherwise," Longshot waves off Rose's suggestion. "I'm good with my ignorance.

"Any pony have any new tricks they want to share with the rest of the class?"

DigoDragon
2019-05-26, 06:01 PM
"Yeah, it is." Rose nods to Star, and doesn't need to clarify.

Elbeyon
2019-05-26, 11:06 PM
Love looks to Star. She tries to hide a frown.

To Rose, "I'll take a look."

BugButt Question
[roll0] vs 14 (Body Language) +3 (Hyper)

Plot of Bodies
[roll1] vs 14 (Body Language) +3 (Hyper)

Miltonian
2019-05-27, 10:14 AM
"I did take some time in a flight simulator to brush up on piloting other ships," Star says, "So if the 'Bird's ever down, I won't be."

"I also have more than a 'passing' score on my rifle accuracy." She points over her shoulder to a shiny new assault rifle hanging from the back of her seat. "So there's that."

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-27, 01:30 PM
"Being able to reliably shoot things is a benefit in our line of work." Longshot comments. "Maybe we should all hit the range sometime."

He adjusts the scarf Love provided. "I spent some time studying broader tactical considerations so I might be able to predict enemy movements now.

"I also spent some time messing with different gas clouds so I should have an easier time dissipating or moving them."

DigoDragon
2019-05-27, 07:16 PM
"I also spent some time messing with different gas clouds so I should have an easier time dissipating or moving them."

"Between the two of us we'll not have to worry about gassing allies," Rose says.

Elbeyon
2019-05-27, 08:50 PM
Love helps Star make sure they are all green for landing. She collects the contact information as it comes through the channels.

"I'd love to hit the range with everyone. I'm always up for practice and playing around with fancy ammo."

Love whistles at Longshot's report. Impressive. "A difficult task, but always useful."

She smiles real big, "I spent a lot of time learning about magic." She claps her hoofs.

A small cloud of green smoke appears between Longshot and Rose. The vapors clear enough to reveal a cauldron with a mini LoveHolo stirring a stick through the boiling soup. Zebras are gathered around to discuss the alchemist topic on hoof. Love breaks into a silent cackle as the smoke overflows.

An ember sparks and flies through the air near the cauldron. A mini LoveHolo silently bangs a blacksmith hammer on a sword laden anvil. The ship floor around her shifts into a glowing city. A donkey steps in from the east. The scene warps and bends until she is mediating in a forest. A deer steps up behind the west. The trees to autumn and fade away in the wind. Four book shelves snap up around Love and close in on her as she studies hard. A unicorn steps in from the north. The shelves sink into the floor. Water pours in around Love to fill the cube. She sings at the bottom of the ocean. A hippogriff flies in from the south. The environment fades away until only the five people remain.

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-27, 09:35 PM
"Between the two of us we'll not have to worry about gassing allies," Rose says.

"Or Brazen after he samples Mexicolt cuisine." It's a good natured quip.

The environment fades away until only the five people remain.

"That's quite the training regiment." Longshot says. "If the skill gain is equal to the variety, then I expect great things."

DigoDragon
2019-05-27, 10:13 PM
The environment fades away until only the five people remain.

"Huh, you got pretty good hologram things going. My sister's description doesn't seem like enough justice."

"Or Brazen after he samples Mexicolt cuisine." It's a good natured quip.

"If he does that, I'll just remove the air entirely," Rose says with a narrow-eyed smirk in Brazen's direction.

Elbeyon
2019-05-27, 10:54 PM
Love chuckles at the back and forth about the Brazen aftermath.

To Longshot, "I actually spent most of my time training on making that hologram! I wanted to see magic through different lenses and try to understand the thing in my own way. I could show you more, but I hadn't noticed you signing up for an in-flight movie." Love smirks.

To Rose, a little sad, "You missed the grand debut." She pops back, "I can show you my costumes later!" She adds some detail, "I've gone through several iterations of hologram editing programs! This one is a kraken! A large item database, a lot of heavy lifting from the program, and images directly from my mind allow me to create holograms on the fly. My holograms have come a long way from simply recording a 3D image or manually editing every frame. I can show people the holograms I want!"

In the background. The water in the cube must have splashed out onto the AlchemistLove as her cauldron fire has been put out. She raises her stick up in the air toward the front of the bird. Her cauldron beings to shakes and quakes. A tentacle flips out before another flurry of tentacles follow. LoveHolo turns around in surprise as her stick is tugged on. She pulls back and begins fencing a kraken in the pot.

Miltonian
2019-05-27, 11:53 PM
"I would clap, but I think you want my hooves to stay on the controls," Star says with a chuckle, "It's a good show, though! And I'll have you all know that she only dragged me along for part of the ride."

"On final approach. The base commander says that the knight-liason will be meeting us there and transport us to the command center for a more up-to-date mission briefing."

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-28, 08:28 AM
"Sounds good, Star." Longshot checks his seat restraints. "All tables are stowed and the chairs are in the locked upright position."

"And since I didn't sign up for an in-flight movie, I suppose I'll never know whether Love survived her trials with the kraken. Woe is me." He leans back against the headrest and closes his eyes.

Fun time was coming to an end. It was time to start getting serious.

DigoDragon
2019-05-28, 11:16 AM
Rose tightened her gear straps, saying nothing more on any of the current subjects.

Elbeyon
2019-05-28, 11:58 AM
Love has her hoofs on the controls! Now anyway... Joking, "I'd rather have Star pilot than auto-pilot." She smiles at Star complimenting her while she throws a switch.

To Longshot, "Spoiler. I lived! The tales of my fate were highly exaggerated!"

The hologram flickers away and the HoloBots in the cabin re-run securing protocols.

Love starts running through the co-pilot pre-landing procedures.

"An escort. How exciting. I can't wait!"

Miltonian
2019-05-28, 12:09 PM
"Taking us in," Star says, flashing Love a smile.

The 'Bird begins its approach, distracting Star from any further witty comments as she guides it towards the landing pad. A small cadre of security officers and one griffon wearing a bronze-colored suit of full plate stands by and waits for them to touch down. Presumably, the armored one is the knight-liason, and he looks the part of a griffon-knight. The others, a mixture of ponies and griffons, are dressed for more conventional modern warfare, with body armor and assault rifles, but the knight has not yet given way to modernity. He stands at attention, one claw on a sword at his side and his legs locked in the proper position. As the ramp descends, he steps smartly up and peers inside.

"Harrier squad, I presume?" he says in a rough, gravelly tone.

DigoDragon
2019-05-28, 02:45 PM
"Aye, sir. Harrier Squad present and ready," Rose responds. She'll stand up and perform a respectful salute after judging the rank (rolled 10 out of 16).

"Lt. Rose Croix, sir."

Elbeyon
2019-05-28, 04:31 PM
Star has her co-pilot there to help put the 'bird in park.

Love runs a search/database to try to pull information on the knight in the background while she works.

She silent comms the results, "The big fellow is the latest to carry the title of 'Sir Wingfeather'." She displays the crest and insignias and labels them correctly.

The names of the knights are not general knowledge, but Love has her ways. She knows this griffon is the latest to hold the title of 'Sir Wingfeather'. The crest on his chestplate bears the family emblem.

As for rank, the insignias near his shoulder put him at the lowest rank of the Vedinian knights. No longer a squire, but not having earned any distinctions as of yet. Presumably, this is why he's been assigned as your greeter.

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-28, 05:23 PM
The clasp unfastens on his restraints. He stands up to follow Rose's lead.

"Sir Longshot Scope," The introduction only feels slightly awkward. Yes, he'd been practicing. "And you're Sir Wingfeather?"

S.comm.: "Thanks for the heads up, Love."

Miltonian
2019-05-28, 07:56 PM
The griffon inclines his head. "You are correct, sir, I am Sir Wingfeather." He grins. "Never met an Equestrian knight before. Have any skill with swords?"

He clears his throat. He speaks with a strange accent, one hard to quantify in text, and so I will have to ask you all to think of a very light, Russian accent. "The car is waiting," he says, "So if you have what you need, let's get on the road. I'm sure you all are eager to get into battle."

DigoDragon
2019-05-28, 08:02 PM
He speaks with a strange accent, one hard to quantify in text, and so I will have to ask you all to think of a very light, Russian accent.

Rose's player knows that accent from experience. It's all good. Rose-wise she picks up her bags and will head for the car.

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-28, 08:44 PM
Longshot shakes his head and attempts to match the griffin's mannerism in an effort at respect.

"I'm too junior to have any skill with a blade. I specialize in long-range ballistics. Although I have some skill at boxing, if such interests you, sir."

Light steps take him down the ramp. He pauses near Wingfeather. "We carry what we immediately need. As soon as our pilot and copilot are ready we can depart with you. What can you tell us of the battlefield situation?"

Elbeyon
2019-05-29, 07:45 AM
Love is talking and working through landing procedure with Star. They wouldn't want the firebird flying off on her own.

Miltonian
2019-05-29, 08:23 AM
Fortunately, the ship is landed and Star is powering down the engines. She unstraps herself from the seat, smoothes out her mane, and pats Love on the shoulder. "Come on. The shipboard computer will keep watch over her. Let's get going."

The knight looks at Longshot's rifle and back to him. "I see, I see. Well, we'll take what we can get."

Once everyone is ready, he will lead the way down the tarmac and to a squat, armored car. "The corvids, dishonorable thieves and murderers, have taken a few islands off our coast. They use them to stage raids on the mainland. At the moment, they're trying to establish control over a group of small towns along the coast. We're going to push them out."

"It's a pretty standard tactic of theirs, but we spotted General Ironclaw's battle banner in one of their raids. If he's here, then there's something to all this we're not seeing. So we sent for the best."

Elbeyon
2019-05-29, 09:18 AM
Once the engines are off, Love unbuckles and gathers the equipment under her seat. She feels the pat on her shoulder while she is bending down and smiles. Love sings, "Coming~" She grabs her stuff and packs it away in her bag. She hops to her hoofs. She analyzes the ride over, "Firebird is flying smoothly. It's good she is at her best again. The support crew and 'bird supporters have done really good work." Love runs a hoof over the feather in her mane. She says to the air, "Let's go." The robots infesting the ship gather into Love's bag were she turns most their radios off by patting on the bag's surface.

Love walks towards the ramp. She tries to dress to griffon procedure (looks like they are all in armor) and introduce herself correctly. "Sir Wingfeather." She introduces herself, "Lt. Love." Love does have a sword! If proper, she draws attention to her blade and says to him, "Nice *proper sword name*." Love has some skill with swords. Practice, mostly. She has fought someone with a sword. Really, Sickle was more swinging her battering ram at her, but Love had a sword on her person!

[roll0]
vs 13 (Savoir-Faire (Military))
or 15 = 13 (Solider) +2 (Software)

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-29, 10:02 AM
"It'll be our pleasure and honor to help."

Curious. It would be interesting to see the immediate history of this engagement, but arrival was the more pressing concern.

Longshot prepares to board the armored car. Wingfeather's comment is dismissed. The time would come to prove himself soon enough.

DigoDragon
2019-05-29, 10:32 AM
Definitely a pleasure. Rose will follow Longshot to get into the armored car (Funvee?).

Elbeyon
2019-05-29, 10:36 AM
Love follows along to the next destination while listening.

Love asks, "The islands they've taken. Are they populated?"

They are expecting a briefing? The answer should be public knowledge, more or less, so Love sees no harm in asking.

"We're here to help."

Miltonian
2019-05-29, 11:38 AM
Wingfeather's face turns grim. "They were," he answers Love.

The vehicle is not exactly a humvee, more an armored sedan than anything. But it is roomy inside and allows the entire squad to pack in. Wingfeather takes the wheel and drives them through the airfield, across a bridge, and onto the base proper. Flags and pennants hang from every pole, ponies and griffons patrol every point, watching for any sign of attack or infiltration, and here and there, Harrier Squad spots a person wearing the same armor as Wingfeather.

The guards salute as they pass the gates and pull up to the main entrance. "The Knight-Commander is waiting for you," Wingfeather says, "Right inside."

DigoDragon
2019-05-29, 01:27 PM
Rose exits the vehicle once it stops and follows the escort inside.

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-29, 02:28 PM
"Thanks for the lift."

Longshot unpacks himself from the car and gives the area a quick visual once-over. Once the others have disembarked, he closes the car door and follows them into the main building.

Subvocal Comm.: "Let's get TacNet up and running between us."

Elbeyon
2019-05-29, 04:08 PM
Love frowns at the news. "I'm sorry." Sad times.

Love gets in the armored vehicle. If possible she sits next to Rose and flashes her a smile. Most of the trip is Love examining the people and base as they move through it. It seems like people are on high alert and expecting attacks any second.

Knight-Commander? Love sees if she can grab any information on the Knight-Commanders.

Love pays her respects to, "Sir Wingfeather." She hangs around as Longshot says their farewells then moves on with the group.

Scomm, "Let me bring her up on the priority list." TacNet runs. "I always liked that TacNet feel. Feels like there is another Love nearby." She chuckles in her throat. The corners of her mouth turn up slightly at the idea she can watch everypony. Thank you, Null.

Leave a good impression on Sir Wingfeather?
[roll0] vs 16 (Diplomacy) +4 (Charisma p. 41) +2? (Relevant Skill p. 495) +1? (Computer Wizard p. 89) +1? (Merchant p. 209) +2? (Wealth (Multimillionaire 1) p. 26) +1? (Reputation (EDF) p. 27) +1? (Rank (Lieutenant) p. 29) +/- Other(s)

Miltonian
2019-05-29, 04:56 PM
Wingfeather accompanies them up to the door, then steps aside and salutes as they enter. The room immediately inside has only two people in it, a pegasus mare and a griffon, both in bronze armor. They turn and rise as Harrier Squad enters. The griffon's ornate armor declares that he is the Knight-Commander, leader of this particular order of knights and overall commander of the military force fighting the corvids. Knight-Commander Aurum, according to the files. Beside him is Knight--Sub-Commander Steel Hammer, his second-in-command. She smiles at them.

"Greetings, comrades!" she says in a thick, Vedinian accent.

The Tacnet whirs to life and begins identifying everything around Harrier Squad. The armor they wear, though it looks archaic, has been converted to power armor. Each set is made of an orichalcum-admantite alloy, which makes it ludicrously expensive.

"Harrier Squad, I presume?" Aurum rumbles, "Come, sit. We have much to discuss."

DigoDragon
2019-05-29, 05:34 PM
Rose salutes and then takes a seat as asked.

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-29, 06:43 PM
"Harrier Squad reporting, sir." Longshot salutes. "Were ready to help however possible."

He approaches his seat. "Greetings to you as well." He returns Steel Hammer's greeting with a minimal amount of reserve.

userpay
2019-05-29, 09:39 PM
"How can it not be fun? Two athletic ponies goin round the country sides. Mostly kept up on all my ol tried and true tricks." To all the playful gas quips Brazen whistles innocently. There was a reason he had to occasionally sleep on the couch.

At the news of the corvids staging attacks on towns a hard glint catches itself in Brazen's eyes. Though it is soon covered as he secures his helmet in place. "Lt Brazen reportin fer duty. Rest assured the corvids will git whats comin to them." This was starting to shape up to much like how Brazen initially got noticed, abet hopefully with less cratering involved.

Brazen salutes as well when they reach the commander though part of him was distracted by the power suits. Just how much power did they have while retaining such archaic form?

Elbeyon
2019-05-29, 09:42 PM
What a friendly greeting by Steel Hammer! She smiles back.

Love salutes, "Knight-Commander Aurum. Harrier Squad's Lt. Love reporting, sir." She answers his orders, "Yes, sir!" She starts moving to her seat.

She smiles at Steel Hammer again. With a pleasant tone, Love says, "Greetings, Comrade, Knight--Sub-Commander Steel Hammer!"

[roll0]
vs 13 (Savoir-Faire (Military))
or 15 = 13 (Solider) +2 (Software)

Miltonian
2019-05-30, 01:34 AM
"Harrier Squad, yes. The heroes of Equestria, so I'm told," Aurum states, "Let's hope you live up to your reputation."

He moves to stand behind the podium at the front of the room. Steel Hammer trots up and stands at attention, slightly behind and to the left of him. "You're familiar with Corvids, of course, but you may not be familiar with General Ironclaw. The murderous scum is an expert in deception and underclawed tactics. He'll lure you into a trap and kill you before you even knew what happened. On top of that, he's a coward. Fierce fighter, but never takes on anyone when he doesn't have a clear advantage. He sends others to do that for him."

"Normally, we could beat back the odd corvid incursion, but with him at the helm, the commander before me was thoroughly outmaneuvered and, well, he was taken prisoner a week ago now. Deep strike. Aerial assault against this very facility. No hope for him, I'm afraid. That's when they called my order in, and I sent out a request for Celestia's finest. They chose to send you."

He nods to Steel Hammer and she hands him a remote. He presses the button and the projector flickers to life, showing a map of the Vedinian coast. Red marks criss-cross the land and sea in a vaguely circular pattern. "Now. As to the plan, Ironclaw's been advancing in a set pattern along our coast and we think we know where he'll strike next. There's a small, fishing village, here. If he sticks to the pattern, he'll need to bring it under his control soon, if not next. We're going to get there first and set up an ambush for him."

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-30, 08:22 AM
Longshot remains silent as he absorbs the presentation. He studies the layout of the map before him and concentrates on putting his new knowledge of strategy and tactics to work. There was nothing like real world application to cement knowledge, after all.

... Now if only that title drop could be a little less distracting.

Strategy
[roll0] VS 17 (14 Skill + 2 Software + 1 Extra Time)

"A successful Strategy roll lets you deduce, in advance, enemy military plans unless another person with this skill leads them. In that case, the GM rolls a Quick Contest of Strategy. The amount of information gained depends on how well you roll (but not on the quality of the foe's plans). If you fail an uncontested roll or lose a Quick Contest, the GM gives you false information." p.222

DigoDragon
2019-05-30, 06:23 PM
"What's the last known civilian population there in the village?"

Elbeyon
2019-05-30, 06:56 PM
Love pulls out a chair, looks over the chair, and takes a seat. She hopes they are the right team for the job. A lot of people need saving, and they are counting on the Commander and them.

Love pays attention as the Commander and Sub-Commander move to present the mission briefing. General Ironclaw is a real tough cookie. Murder. Lying. Clever. Cowardly. Strong. He very well may be a flight risk as the battles progress. They need to be ready for his retreat.

She frowns at being informed that the last commander was taken prisoner some time ago. No wonder everypony is on guard. They don't feel secure in their own home. There is too much of that going around lately. Ironclaw must be quite cunning if he felt safe enough to directly attack a military complex. His yellow belly hasn't blunted his aggressive tactics. Commander Wildcat would never hide while he sends others to do his work. How did Ironclaw get enough information to attack the facility? That needs considered.

The predictable pattern made her cautious of a trap. If not at one of these next targets, then somewhere else more unexpected. Love rubs her chin while she looks over the map. "Is there some standard to the size of their attack force?" If the Vedinain military has been losing battles that means the corvids may well be equipped with a decent stock of military-grade weaponry.

Miltonian
2019-05-30, 07:27 PM
"Population is a little over a three hundred," Aurum answers, "A small but stable lot. They trade with the mainland, but have little interaction besides paying their taxes and answering the draft."

"Attack forces have so far been...unpredictable," Steel answers, "We suspect some form of espionage, but rooting out those who would work with corvids has proven more challenging than we initially thought. So we have briefing in a secure room, comrades. It makes free conversation."

"If they weren't well-equipped before, they have a lot of our weapons now," Aurum mutters with some heat in his voice.

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-30, 09:25 PM
"It's an interesting situation. We'll be certain to pay them back for the death they've caused... Are any precautions being taken to protect the village or are you afraid that will tip off Iron Beak?"

Longshot continues pondering the advances displayed on the screen since he took the Extra Time option on that last roll.

DigoDragon
2019-05-31, 06:30 AM
Rose is studying the maps right now.

Miltonian
2019-05-31, 11:57 AM
"We will be 'replacing' the local population with trained soldiers," Aurum says, "The island has a large number of caves underneath, so the civilians should be safe down there. With the soldiers under disguise and reinforcements waiting just offshore, the corvids will swoop in, expecting easy targets, and we'll blast them out of the air before they have time to realize their mistake."

Steel nods. "Due to security concerns, this mission is, of course, top secret. Only the most loyal soldiers will be accompanying you."

Rose commits the map to memory.

Elbeyon
2019-05-31, 12:25 PM
Three hundred is a lot of people in danger. Mostly, it's Love's imagination, but she sees a small idyllic fishing village with a relaxed atmosphere.

A draft. Interesting...

Love nods to his answer, "Understood." The variety in their targets plays into obscuring their stratagems.

After Steel notes the potential security leaks, Love says, "Security is a specialty of mine." She suggests, "I could aid the search and counter-espionage."

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-31, 02:28 PM
Longshot signals his understanding with a nod.he comes to his conclusions about Iron Beak's plans and finds them satisfying. He can see the logic to it, which was what he wanted.

"How soon do you expect the attack?"

Miltonian
2019-05-31, 03:18 PM
A small smile grows over Steel's face and she nods. "We would be fools if we did not use your talents to their fullest capacity, since we did ask for you, right?"

"We'll arrange to have you coordinate with the security force," Aurum agrees, "As for when...we expect it within a week, at the latest. Most of our forces are already in place. We just have to sneak you onto the island."

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-31, 05:08 PM
"Understood, sir."

At this specific moment, Longshot has nothing further to ask.

DigoDragon
2019-05-31, 05:55 PM
Rose scratches her chin. "Unless a lot of ponies live there, we'd stick out a bit. Do you want us out of sight from casual observance when Iron's scouts show up?"

Elbeyon
2019-05-31, 06:27 PM
Love looks relieved at Steel's answer. "I didn't want to be presumptuous in the breadth afford to us." She smiles and says, "Wonderful, I look forward to working with everyone. I'd love to coordinate with the security force."

Love touches the feather in her mane.

The advantage to a predicable attack is a predictable defense. Ironclaw may already know they will be there. How much he will know is unknown. If he knows about the caves and guesses the civilians will gather there, that will be a real problem. Love should gather some information on the cave systems and island geography. The cave and civilians might be more vulnerable than imagined.

Sub-Commander Steel Hammer! Nice to meet you!
[roll0] vs 14 (Body Language) +3 (Hyper)

Miltonian
2019-05-31, 08:30 PM
"It is a heavily pony-filled population," Steel Hooves says, "So you should blend in, so long as you don't go around in fully military armor all the time. We have cloaks and rags, if you need them." She winks at Love. From all Love can tell, she's merely a warm-hearted person.

"You will have to leave your ship here," Aurum says, apologetic.

"Wait..." Star pipes up, "WHAT?"

DigoDragon
2019-05-31, 08:32 PM
"It's fine, Star. You wanna come kick some tail with us?" Rose asks.

D.KnightSpider
2019-05-31, 08:58 PM
"It would be hard to disguise the 'bird under these circumstances."

A moment's musing prompts Longshot to add: "May I request permission to examine the records and any footage of the recent attack on this base? I'd appreciate the opportunity to begin learning how Iron Beak operates first-hoof."

Body Language on Aurum
[roll0] VS 16 (-Any Penalties)

Body Language on Steel Hammer
[roll1] VS 16

Elbeyon
2019-05-31, 09:46 PM
"I can do without armor. Down low and undercover isn't an issue." Love smiles. "I may just have to have a look at the 'clothes' available."

Love rubs her mane at the group's loss of the Thunderbird.

Miltonian
2019-05-31, 10:36 PM
"But I can't just...I'm the pilot!" Star stammers.

"And it will be well protected," Aurum says, "I will personally be on this base to stop anyone from attacking it again." He nods to Longshot. "You'll have it. And you'll get your disguises on the way to the island."

It seems Aurum is much better at moving things along than most Equestrian commanders.

DigoDragon
2019-05-31, 11:11 PM
It seems Aurum is much better at moving things along than most Equestrian commanders.

Well that doesn't say much.

"But I can't just...I'm the pilot!" Star stammers.

"Star, I know you'd like them to just give you the bird, but it would be a rude gesture to not listen to their planning," she states. Yes, Rose went there. "Come on, we can probably get you a nice disguise and you can join us on the front lines like undercover infantry."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-01, 06:24 AM
"Thank you for your willingness to indulge us." Longshot replies.

He thinks for a moment and then turns slightly to address Star: "Would you rather wait here with the Thunderbird and respond when the battle begins?"

Elbeyon
2019-06-01, 11:57 AM
Love feels bad about leaving the Firebird behind again. Not having the bird is like asking Love not to use technology. Love might very well accept an offer like Longshot's to stay at the base and play support if that were the case. Love rubs Star on the back and breaths.

Miltonian
2019-06-01, 01:06 PM
Star clears her throat and calms herself. "With all due respect, Knight-Commander, I can't leave our ship unattended by a member of the Equestrian military. And I would feel comfortable if I could keep an eye on it, since you have had, as you say, problems with spies." She smirks. "Besides, these four are the real bad-flanks."

Aurum regards her. "If that is what you wish."

Steel clears her throat. "Well, comrades, grab what you think you will need and meet back here."

DigoDragon
2019-06-01, 01:51 PM
Steel clears her throat. "Well, comrades, grab what you think you will need and meet back here."

Rose blinks, already carrying everything on her that she needs. o_o

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-01, 02:02 PM
"Yes, ma'am. We'll return shortly."

Longshot gestures for the others to retreat to the doorway and regroup near the car. They might as well regroup and silently confer while they were grabbing any last minute 'party favors' from the car.

Elbeyon
2019-06-01, 03:31 PM
Love gives a reassuring, "We're all bad-flanks here. I already feel more comfortable with your bad-flank protecting the Thunderbird and ready to grab us in a pinch." Love gives a small smile. "I'll leave the base and you some familiar robots." LoveHolo!

She says to Steel, "Yes, Comrade." Love gets up to leave then hesitates. Love tries to get some basic outline to how lightly they need to travel for their disguise. Love will walk with Longshot while sticking a little closer to Star. They might be separated for nearly a week. A stark change to the last three months.

Miltonian
2019-06-01, 06:42 PM
Star smiles weakly at Love. Not because she doesn't like the idea, but because she knows that the bots are a consolations prize at best. "Thanks," she says, "And I'll be just a button press away! Rain or shine, night or day, call my name and I'm on my way." She chuckles, pleased with that rhyme.

Outside, she says, "So what do we think?"

DigoDragon
2019-06-01, 07:01 PM
Rose stays inside and ponders over the information so far. "Has Ironbeak given any offers to surrender to him?"

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-01, 07:13 PM
Star doesn't receive an immediate answer to her question. Instead, Longshot punts with a: "Hold that thought just a moment, Star."

Seeing Rose remain behind the rest, Longshot pauses in the doorway to see what happens next.

So much for inter-squad communication.

Elbeyon
2019-06-01, 11:29 PM
Love tries to give Star a small, short hug outside the room. She smiles at Star's fortitude. "I'll stay within earshot day or night. I'll keep the lights strong so that they're warm."

She pauses with Longshot.

She waits until after Rose's question is answered then asks Rose, "Ready?"

Miltonian
2019-06-02, 12:49 PM
Steel snorts. "Of course he has. He's promised peace and safety to every town he's attacked. So far, no one's been stupid enough to take it. And hopefully, no one ever will."

"Thank you, Love," Star chuckles softly.

DigoDragon
2019-06-02, 01:05 PM
"Interesting, he's only offering on a per-settlement basis..." Rose sees her teammates beckoning her out so she nods to the knights and takes her leave out of the room.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-02, 01:45 PM
Once outside, Longshot switches over to Subvocal Comm so they can talk without being overheard.

"To answer your question, Star, I don't see any immediate reason to upset their apple cart. I can see the logic to it." He chuckles. "Of course, I'll also feel better knowing that you'll have our back."

Elbeyon
2019-06-02, 02:33 PM
Love salutes goodbye to the Commanders in the background as the door closes.

She checks around for Sir Wingfeather or some other escort back to the 'bird.

Scomm, "I didn't see any helpful adjustments to the apple cart. I'll work both ends here with you and the Thunderbird. I want to examine things for myself and get a more personal feel instead of a hundred hoofs in the air." She smirks. "Metaphorically."

Miltonian
2019-06-02, 08:36 PM
"Thanks," Star says. She smiles. "I'll stick with you all until you leave the base. Then, you have my thoughts, prayers, and my willingness to come down with the fury of an ancient, Mexicolt goddess on anyone who even looks at you wrong."

DigoDragon
2019-06-02, 10:29 PM
"I'll do without the thoughts and prayers. Your gunship diplomacy option is well enough," Rose says.

Elbeyon
2019-06-03, 02:03 AM
Scomm, "I'll take some of those thoughts and prayers if you are still sharing!"

Scomm, "Something isn't sitting right with me. I can't put my hoof on it."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-03, 08:33 AM
"You mean, aside from the fact they're asking us to surrender all of our weapons and armor and travel to some remote, out-of-the-way village?" Longshot replies via Scomm. "Maybe it's too much time in the Wasteland, but I have the same feeling that something is off-kilter. I'm hoping that a review of the battle records will confirm or deny those feelings. In the meantime I think we should follow the plan, although I'd like it if we could keep our magical armor secret somehow."

Longshot drops his face-plate and takes a look around the area, checking to see if Wingfeather or some other creature is watching them. It wasn't entirely paranoia. There was a fair amount of curiosity to see if the car was waiting on them for any trips back to the 'bird.

"Your air support is always welcome, Star. Show them that if Sully couldn't stand up to you, a bunch of Corvids couldn't either."

DigoDragon
2019-06-03, 11:55 AM
"Surrender? I was under the impression that we have it, but just need to keep it hidden. We're supposed to be among a bunch of their best soldiers also under cover."

Miltonian
2019-06-03, 12:01 PM
"Well, you've got them anyway. And everything else I can give," Star says with a wink.

"I don't think you have to give them up, just don't go outside wearing them? That was my impression, anyway," Star says.

Longshot's instincts are good. Some griffons have paused in what they were doing and are casually watching with open curiosity. It probably isn't too often that Equestrian soldiers come to visit and, in all honesty, the tech they are carrying around is bright, shiny, and sticks out quite a lot.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-03, 02:05 PM
"Right." Longshot internally sighs. "Let that be the last time I try exaggerated flippancy as a means of levity.

"Anyway, it sounds like we're in agreement. Does any pony need anything from the Thunderbird?"

All of this is via silent comm. of course.

Elbeyon
2019-06-03, 03:53 PM
Love rubs her chin and gives Longshot's question an exaggerated think. Scomm, "You know. You may be on to something there!" She chuckles. "The Flash and us being separated is a triple concern." The island group, Star, and somewhere unexpected. "I don't mind keeping things quiet. I should look into developing our methods there. I think you are onto the right idea with checking the battle records. Following the plan sounds good; I want to take a closer look at the everything." Love smirks at Longshot. "I don't think our armor will be a problem."

Do they have a car waiting for them or should they summon a car? They could walk back.

All this talk of air support, guns, and gunboats has her a nervous.

Love sends Star a flirting private comm.

She scomm about Longshot, "I hope not! I enjoyed your exaggerated flippancy levity! I'm a fan that's enjoying the fresh air."

Scomm, "I need some stuff from the Thunderbird. I'd like to customize my load to better fit the situation."

DigoDragon
2019-06-03, 05:24 PM
Rose looks at the gear she's carrying, then shakes her head no at Longshot's question.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-03, 07:16 PM
Nod.

"We'll have to hustle, then, and see if Aurum or Hammer can get you a ride back to the 'bird. I'd rather not keep them waiting if at all possible." Longshot replies via silent comm. "Let's get to it."

Miltonian
2019-06-03, 11:23 PM
There are a few cars idling, though none specifically for them.

Love's flirt is returned in kind! Heaven help the poor soul who has to go through their DMs at any point in the future.

"It shouldn't take too long," Star mutters.

Miltonian
2019-06-05, 12:00 PM
It's a quick ride over to the Bird and back. Loaded for bear, the EDF is ready to move out.

Another armored car comes for them, ready to transport them down to the docks. From there, it's an hour and a half out to the island, by boat at least. From that point on, though...who knows what will happen?

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-05, 04:36 PM
Not I. Said the Longshot. Since not knowing is the entire point.

He enters the car and settles in for the ride.

DigoDragon
2019-06-05, 05:35 PM
"So, do we need to pack away our combat gear before we get there? I'm not clear when we're supposed to go under cover."

Elbeyon
2019-06-05, 06:22 PM
Love secretly packs her stuff at the bird away from any non-EDF eyes. If Rose was interested in why Love was taking too long, she may have noticed what Love was packing for their trip. Love seems to have packed lightly? Or, maybe, that's because she stuffed everything into magical bags that are bigger on the inside. Not Doctor Whooves big though, Love wouldn't want to encroach on his territory.

Star is left with a hug and a kiss. Plus, a LoveHolo and robots to keep her company. The LoveHolo(s) are also there to help the Security Force and work. Love leaves with an energetic wave with some sad undertones to her departure. After three months of living together, Love and Star are separated by work. LoveHolo almost says as much as she watches Love leave Star and her behind with misty eyes.

In the car, she lightly smiles. A distance to her gaze as she seems distracted. She says to the driver (if there is a driver), "Hello." She gives a friendlier version of 'hello, nice to meet you,' in military speak. Which maybe just be a greeting with a smile.

Miltonian
2019-06-05, 10:37 PM
The driver nods back to Love. "We're gonna be stowing our gear once we get on the boat," he says, "It'll be all put in crates, labelled to stop any confusion. We'll unload it all when we get to the island and unpack it once we get it under cover. Just gotta keep it out of sight from prying eyes in the air."

DigoDragon
2019-06-05, 10:40 PM
"Seems straightforward."

Rose then turns to Longshot, and gives him a Grinchy smile. "So, we doing code-names again?"

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-06, 07:39 AM
"Nicknames might be unnecessary. If the general population has been replaced with military then any spy would sink is regardless." Longshot considers the option. "Although code names would be beneficial if Iron Beak is using any form of long-range surveillance... Just as long as it doesn't turn into another bucking soap opera."

Bitterness? Check.

"I'd be more worried about keeping our cybernetics under wraps. There's no way this artificial back is going to fool any pony into thinking it's all natural." He gestures at his armored hide, which conceals a set of overlapping plates set into his spine.

Elbeyon
2019-06-06, 11:57 AM
The haze in Love's eyes slowly dissipates. Love happily asks the driver, "Oh, are you going to be joining us!?"

Love agrees and adds, "We might as well have any names prepared ahead of time so that we're ready if we do need them."

Love puts a hoof up to her smirk, "Depending on our cover, we might want to wear clothes. Boat ponies in movies normally wear full-body clothing for protection from the ocean and boat. I'd love to see you in a wader."

Scomm, "I could go by the name Neuron. It matches my cutie mark slightly"

Miltonian
2019-06-06, 12:02 PM
"Trust me, you're gonna want to wear an overcoat out here," their driver says, "The sea is freezing and everyone wraps up very warmly. Your chrome can be easily hidden away."

He takes a turn and begins heading towards the waterfront.

DigoDragon
2019-06-06, 12:06 PM
"Long coats apparently solve the chrome problem, so... Yay."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-06, 02:30 PM
"And a solved problem is a good problem." Longshot says agreeably. "Jury is out on the wader. Although I'm sure we'll find something appropriate."

He switches over to s.comm.: "Refresh my memory. If we crate our armor, will the enchantment recall it or does that only work in its pocket dimension?

"Also, just Neuron? No Neuron Storm or anything like that?"

Elbeyon
2019-06-06, 02:46 PM
The driver makes Love nervous all of a sudden. "You said freezing? How cold is freezing?" She nervously chuckles. "Yes, an overcoat sounds nice and warm and comfy. Something to counter the cold." Love feels a sudden desire for hot chocolate.

She smirks at Longshot. "Maybe, we can do some fishing and find an excuse to style."

Scomm, "We have to teleport the armor away in order to bring it back. If we crate the armor, we won't be able to summon it to us."

Love chuckles over the Scomm, "Neuron is a little on the nose. How about Brainiac?" Love slightly shows an impish smirk. "Too super hero?"

DigoDragon
2019-06-06, 07:10 PM
Rose starts separating military gear from medical gear to pack away.

Miltonian
2019-06-06, 08:00 PM
The driver grins.

"Very cold means 'during winter, the sea freezes over. During the summer, it doesn't melt until mid-June. We are pretty far north here, you know, but there's the dead Jormungand in the depths of the ocean that makes it specially cold, just for you all!"

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-06, 09:07 PM
Longshot shrugs and half-grins. "I've never been fishing so no comment."

"Then I'll put up a holographic privacy screen and we can dismiss the armor out of sight." The message goes out over silent comm.

"Nah. Brainiac is too super villain for you. Try something like Neutron Spark."

"Sounds peachy." He calls up to the driver. "What's the deal with the Jormungand?"

Elbeyon
2019-06-06, 09:38 PM
Love shivers and freezes. Her teeth chattering, "That's cold." Maybe, she'll melt out in mid-June.

Love looks over at Rose packing her gear into her bag.

Love chippers in after Longshot on Scomm, "I haven't spent much time fishing." She thinks to herself and states the obvious, "I never did fish much even though I grew up on the coast."

Scomm, "Good idea to sneak away our armor."

Scomm, "If we're wanting to change our coats, I've got digital dye. It's not robots."

Scomm, Love hmms, "It is a bit more super villain. It's sort of on the fence. I do like Neutron Spark. Spark or Sparky for short." She asks, "How about you?"

Miltonian
2019-06-07, 10:03 AM
"It's a sea serpent," the driver says, "A massive one. Legends say it circled the entire world, but imaging of the ocean floor puts it at three times the length of a supercarrier. Massive, but not titanic. Also, very, very dead. The bones have some ambient magic effect, though, that sucks the heat out of the sea around here. It's been fading recently, though. Ten years and it will go away."

"Well, finish packing and continue this conversation on the ship," their driver says, pulling up to the quay, "We're here."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-07, 11:19 AM
"How chilling." Longshot quips.

Subvocal Comm: "Going dark in three... two... one..."

Longshot accesses his holographic projector. Ancient TV static flares around the armored members of the EDF giving them several seconds with which to send their armor into its inter-dimensional hidey-hole.

He dismisses the field, revealing his civvies, longer mane and new dark-gray-on-red colors. It's a more reasonably cleaned up appearance than his old appearance.

"Since 'Smokey Mirrors' sounds too feminine, I'm leaning towards 'Iron Flare'. He silently comms.

DigoDragon
2019-06-07, 11:54 AM
Rose wonders how much her sister would pay for a piece of serpent that could keep an office cold because there could be a Queen's fortune in that market.

Done packing, she waits for the drop-off.

Elbeyon
2019-06-07, 01:25 PM
Jormungand sounds like a real interesting serpent. It's sad the poor thing is dead. Such a majestic creature lost to the world. Love would have liked to meet it. She sets a reminder to research the thing when they aren't just arriving at their destination. Love lightly smiles at Longshot's joke. She says to the driver, "Have you ever seen pictures of Jormungand?" It doesn't seem to be a ghost story like she may have thought if she heard of such a creature. Maybe, Junktown was right about their being big scary creatures at sea.

Love gives an approving Scomm grunt to Longshot raising the curtains. Nice hologram! Love likes the artist flair! The armor teleports away, and Love is left with only her saddlebag (her gun inside a little exposed). She even packed away her ScoutBot and earbuds. She isn't wearing her neural collar, but she doesn't need the collar for scomms anyway. Love is in her 'at home' coat.

Love gives Longshot a hoofs up! She scomms, "Smokey Mirrors sounds alright to me!" She smiles real big when he gives his most likely name. "Iron flare is great. Reminds me of Iron Toil, my father." She asks, "Do you think Spark is more of an yellow or red pony? I can pull off either." She winks.

Love scomms Rose, "How about your undercover name?"

Love cheers to the Driver, "Thanks!" They got here safely. Love hops out the car and moves to regroup with everyone near the boat-side of the car.

Miltonian
2019-06-07, 05:34 PM
The docks are not quite a swarm of activity, but they are moderately busy, as are all mlitary ports during wartime. However, this one is unique in that it has a very civilian-looking schooner sitting in the middle of the quay, currently being loaded up with boxes of all kinds. They're labelled with innocuous words and designs, which hide their true import. Their driver, once they've unloaded, salutes and drives off.

A few boxes lie a short distance away, labeled 'Vegetables' in large, block letters. However, in fine print underneath are the words "EDF Supplies and Munition". The boxes are currently empty.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-07, 06:52 PM
"Just don't don't call me 'dad' and we'll be alright." Longshot no longer has access to silent comms so he obviously foregoes them. "Go for the gold, Sparky."

He drifts closer to the labeled boxes but doesn't stow his saddlebags just yet.

Elbeyon
2019-06-07, 08:03 PM
Love salutes the driver goodbye! She likes them.

With better eyes on the port, she puts puts a hoof in her bag and shuffles around until everything settles nice and hidden. She pulls her goggles out of one of the side pouches on her saddlebag and press them against her face without putting them on.

She humorlessly chuckles. "I think we'll be alright." She isn't too keen on calling anyone 'dad' except her father.

She rubs her chin. "Gold sounds golden, Iron Flare." She whispers at him with curiosity, "Eh? How did that sound?"

Love walks around the box scanning it for bugs and patting it down for anything suspicious. She says, "We probably shouldn't leave the boxes empty. That would be suspicious. I've got a tube and some balls." References to a GL and grenades.

Bug Check!
[roll0] vs 16 (Security) +2 (Software) +2 (Tool) +/- (other(s))

Mundane inspection
[roll1] vs 13 (Search) +3 (Hyper) +/- (Other(s))

DigoDragon
2019-06-08, 05:59 AM
Love scomms Rose, "How about your undercover name?"

"Rose is fine," she answers, stressing that it is all she'll say on the matter.

Rose looks at the boxes and has a few jokes in mind under 'vegitables'. She deposits her combat gear there, holding on just to her basic medical bag as she can always pass that under the guise of a civilian medic going to a war zone to help.

She helps her gloves tho, just to cover her hooves because cold hooves during an exam is just mean.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-08, 08:03 AM
"Fair enough, Rose." Longshot says.

To Love he whispers/answers: "Like an ill-fitting cheap suit."

If the car passes the Love test, he'll place his saddlebags inside. His daily medication stays in his coat pocket, however.

One casual glance around the area for a perception check...

[roll0] VS 13

Elbeyon
2019-06-08, 11:15 AM
Love seems a little troubled by Rose's stressed answer. Rose has barely talked at all since they left the base. "How are you, Rose?"

Longshot's answer gets a "hmm." She quips, "We might need to make some fitting adjustments."

If the crate passes her testing, Love puts her goggles away and puts a saddlebag into the crate. If no one has bugged the crate, someone should bug it! It's common decency! Love looks out towards the busy military dock full of 'civvies' but she is mentally distracted inside the crate.

Saddlebag of Lighten Burden
Nanobug [roll0] vs 18 = 16 (Security) + 2 (Software)
Beacon (Deactivated) (Hidden)
BugBot (Hidden)
Launchers (Paint x5)
Grenade (Paint x3)
Ration
EM Field Meter

DigoDragon
2019-06-08, 12:52 PM
"How are you, Rose?"

"Eh, I think cranky. Probably need something to eat," she answers. "Maybe part of me wonders if there is more to Ironbeak and if so how much of a pain in the plot it'll be to put him in a box. New mission jitters? Eh, we could call it that."

Miltonian
2019-06-08, 12:57 PM
New mission jitters or not, a young stallion in a sailor uniform is coming their way. Though dressed in ragged oilcloths, he moves with the exact and precise movements of a trained sailor. Rose remembers those drills well.

"So you lot are the Equestrian 'Medical Team' here to help with the bird-flu outbreak, eh?" he says with chuckle.

Elbeyon
2019-06-08, 03:00 PM
Rose's words strike a cord and Love's eyes widen. Of course! It's so simple! "One second!" Love jabs her hoof in her bag and roots around into the Rose Hungry stash. She pulls out a granola candy bar and offers it to Rose. "A pony shouldn't travel on a light stomach! Sights are already overwhelming enough without being hungry."

She thinks about the second part. "We're well prepared." Love doesn't imagine it'll be easy, but they have the skills and tools. Love will chalk this up to the jitters. "We've got this."

Love smiles at the sailor. "Yep! We're here to help everyone." Love pats Rose on the shoulder. "Brought our best doctors."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-08, 06:16 PM
"Sounds like some pony should have brought a snickers."

Longshot turns to the disguised sailor pony. This entire operation was starting to feel familiarly slap-dash. An intelligence operative Love was not.

"Depends on whether you're our ride or not. Rose here is the medical brains. Neuron Spark is the logistics, I'm here for precision and Tiny over there just stands around and looks pretty."

Longshot throws an exaggerated wave at Brazen to show he's joking.

Elbeyon
2019-06-08, 06:23 PM
Did he not come from their boat?

New Pony
[roll0] vs 14 (Body Sense)

DigoDragon
2019-06-08, 06:33 PM
"Yeah, ate all my snacks waiting on Star to show up for the trip here," Rose says, eating the granola. "Thanks."

userpay
2019-06-08, 11:44 PM
"Someone's gotta do it." Brazen lobs right back at Longshot, a wide grin showing his words to be similarly kidding. His armor is safely sent away and he lobs a saddlebag into the box as he walks up. Though the earth pony keeps his horseshoes (shock gloves) on.

Miltonian
2019-06-08, 11:46 PM
Granola bar passed along, Rose's stomach will soon be satisfied.

The sailor did not come from their ship...but there are a lot of people moving around right now. Who knows where he did come from?

"In fact I am. Ensign Seaworthy," he says by way of introduction, "If you've loaded your things, I'll need you to follow me. The captain wants to go over a few last minute details before we depart."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-09, 07:26 AM
Longshot's head bobs in a routine nod.

"Lead on, Ensign Seaworthy."

He'll follow after the self-proclaimed guide.

DigoDragon
2019-06-09, 08:01 AM
Rose follows as well.

Elbeyon
2019-06-09, 12:32 PM
Love smiles at Rose. "You're welcome. Hunger should never be underestimated."

Love says to the Ensign, "Hello." Love makes sure their crate is secure and loaded with some old fashioned hoof taps. She asks a little nervous, "The captain wants to see us?" She will follow everyone's lead. She whispers, "I hope there isn't a problem."

Miltonian
2019-06-09, 01:02 PM
Seaworthy nods and turns smartly, leading the way into a low building but a little ways back from the quay. Inside is an office, which he leads them past, and into a room where stout and sturdy griffon in a captain's uniform sits behind a desk. He rises in greeting. "Ah, the Equestrians. Very good. Sit down. We have a few matters to go over before we depart."

Assuming everyone obeys, he begins to pace up and down. "I'll cut right to the chase. There is a suspected spy onboard. One of my chief officers, no less." He flicks open a file and shows them a picture of a stately griffon with golden eagle's plumage and a tawny, lion hindquarters. "You'll see him on the bridge, I shouldn't wonder. That's where he likes to be. Of course, the danger is that he might not be and we're all jumping at shadows. So I want you to 'test' him for me. I have a package here."

He bends down and produces a wrapped parcel, which he slides across the desk towards them. "I want you to give this to him with as little explanation as possible. His reaction will determine his loyalty."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-09, 02:08 PM
Body Language
[roll0] VS 16

Longshot studies the file until he's confident that he can recognize the suspect griffon. Then he extends a hoof and takes hold of the equally suspect package.

"Understood, sir, we'll flush him out for you... And if you'll forgive my impertinence, I don't believe I caught your name."

Elbeyon
2019-06-09, 03:34 PM
Love follows Seaworthy into the completely not suspicious in a dark alley building. She walks past the completely normal looking office which is definitely not a false front to provide a measure of legitimacy to this meeting. A Captain! A person of obvious legitimacy who would not be questioned! A suspicious tune plays in the back of Love's mind.

She asks him as she takes a seat, "Is something wrong, Captain?" Seaworthy did call him a captain. "Our papers should be in order."

Upon hearing the chase, she says, "I - Wow, that's heavy." Love looks to Longshot study the file and moves to sate her nosy curiosity - checking for mistakes or a forgery. Her eyes get big when he asks them to 'test' the fellow. She looks to Longshot on what they should do. This is too much! They're doctors, not spies! Her eyes go wider when Iron Flare agrees. She holds out for a moment before her shoulders slump in resignation. "If the Captain is asking us... " It seems Love will agree.

She eyes the package and a spark of mischief lights in them. She raises her hoofs above the package and wiggles her hoofs. She can't open the package while it is in Longshot's hoofs, but she is 100% going to open that package at the first chance available.

In the back of her mind, she is eating red tape. So much red tape in her research! Still, she goes slow and covers her tracks.

Bug Search while she walked through the office.
[roll0] vs 11 = 16 (Security) +2 (Software) +2 (Tool) - 9 (Haste) +/- (Other(s))

DigoDragon
2019-06-09, 07:46 PM
Haven't even gotten to the island and already we got a possible spy on board. While Love wiggles her hoof, Rose just shrugs. "Will do, captain," she says.

Miltonian
2019-06-09, 09:31 PM
The Captain's attitude is present, correct, and proper.And Love can at least say that there are no active bugs in the vicinity. "Captain Stormwind," he says with a nod, "And thank you. Thank you for your cooperation. Now, it would be best if you were to get out of here. The less time you spend out of sight, the less suspicious anyone is likely to get."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-09, 10:02 PM
"Of course."

Longshot turns and exits the building.

DigoDragon
2019-06-09, 10:17 PM
"Aye, sir," Rose adds and leaves too. She heads out to watch the cargo get loaded.

Elbeyon
2019-06-09, 10:46 PM
The files were mostly pictures? Love records the information she was given.

Love seems a little meek/hesitant about accepting his thanks. She explains, "We need a ride on that boat. People are depending on us." She stands up, ready to walk out with the rest. Along the way through the office she stealthy sheds some BugBots to gather more information and do a more through scan for spying devices. A hasty quick run through the room doesn't really have Love at ease.

Love walks slowly and gives Longshot some time to talk before rushing off anywhere.

Miltonian
2019-06-10, 12:34 AM
The files were mostly pictures...but they didn't appear to be forgeries. Not at first glance, at least.

Seaworthy is waiting for them outside. He nods and leads the way back out through the office, unaware of Love shedding bots here and there. Once they reach the door, he looks right, left, and then nods. He steps aside, letting them out.

Love's bots fan out and find what appears to be a normal, Vedinian office. Of course, this could be construed as spying on an ally, which is not...always a welcome thing.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-10, 07:52 AM
Once outside and en route to the ship, Longshot quickly and quietly slips the package to Love. Hopefully, she can do some analysis without opening it.

"Rose, do you want to make the delivery?" He whispers.

Elbeyon
2019-06-10, 01:33 PM
Love shivers under the cool breeze outside. A respite inside and back out into the cold.

The search for the captain will have to be intermittent. Though, she'll finish her bug sweep and eavesdrop to prevent themselves from being fools. She tries to put herself in the middle of the group away from the edges.

She takes the package and excitedly holds it in her hoofs. "Awesome," she says to Longshot. She whispers to the package, "Just me and you now." She stares at the package intently (doing a bug scan) then seems to give up and put it in her saddlebag. Love walks alongside the group.

What are you package?

Bug Detector
[roll0] vs 20 = 16 (Security Surveillance) + 2 (Tool) + 2 (Software)

Mage Sight
Any magic?

Chemsniffer
[roll1] vs 26 = 16 (Sensor) +8 (Tool) +2 (Software)

Squid
Any computer / datachips?

Robots
[roll2] vs 16 = 13 (Search) +3? (Hyper)
Is the package loosely sealed enough that Love could get a bug inside?

Forensics
[roll3] vs 17 = 10 (Forensics) +3 (Hyper) + 2 (Software) +2 (Tool)

DigoDragon
2019-06-10, 03:45 PM
"Nah," Rose says to LS. She'll go seek out the ship they'll be taking and instead study the crew loading the cargo.

Elbeyon
2019-06-10, 03:55 PM
Love steps up besides Longshot if she already wasn't near enough to him to talk. She chuckles, "Are we going to rush the delivery?" She smirks. "This reminds me of the time we dispatched Ruby's laptop or met in Wire's basement. I don't think any will care as long as we get things done within an hour. " Love takes out her phone and checks her text messages. Love seems to be hinting that the package is a bomb! A bomb with a one hour timer!

Miltonian
2019-06-10, 03:56 PM
Love's analysis of the tightly-bound, paper-wrapped package yields some...interesting results. The package contains a time-bomb. It is unknown how long it will take for this to blow.

Meanwhile, the Captain packs up his office, seemingly in preparation to board the ship, while Ensign Seaworthy stands guard outside. He gathers his papers into a briefcase, plops his laptop in beside them, and locks up the drawers. He steps outside, answers Seaworthy's salute, and begins walking towards a different exit than the EDF took, Seaworthy falling in behind him.

The mare who watched the front desk rises and says she's taking her break. She also heads towards that exit, though taking a different route.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-10, 06:20 PM
"Huh." Longshot mulls over the cryptic hint. "We've certainly had some crazy requests and adventures. Things have worked out for us so far... I doubt there's any harm in running this errand. Nevertheless, we should hustle."

No sense getting worked up and possibly disrupting a griffin's apple cart. They tended to get grumpy when the best laid plans of lions and birds went astray because of meddling ponies.

"Step it up, ponies."

DigoDragon
2019-06-10, 06:47 PM
Rose blinks at the message. She replies to Love's text, 'Real?'

Elbeyon
2019-06-10, 07:05 PM
Love continues to follow the three ponies of interest and memorize any scents she may have missed during their meeting. She starts routing the BugBot with her lightweight bug detector around to herself. She takes the safe/slow route with that BugBot since she assumes they have time before departure. There were three ponies there at the meeting. Interesting. Love was too busy scanning for electronics to have noticed.

They've certainly done some absurd requests, but they are delivering a bomb!? A friendly bomb, but a bomb nonetheless! She really hopes this doesn't blow back in their faces. Oh, Celestia. She is talking like she has already accepted the fact that they'll make the delivery.

She says to Longshot, "Who knew our trip would be so interesting. No harm, but I'd like the iron chin's second opinion on this one sooner rather than later." Brazen should take a look at the bomb to make sure it's designed proper for its mission. They may be able to gleam more information that way.

She cheers, "Hustling!" Love steps it up. A bomb in her backpack; she better rush too much.

She says to Rose, "Make sure our stuff is on top! I don't want to wait forever to unload."

Phew, Rose deciphered Love's cryptic message. Love's text to Rose, "Yep! I'm going to need a drink after this one as well! Wanna see what we can scrounge up for drinks later?"

DigoDragon
2019-06-10, 07:58 PM
She says to Rose, "Make sure our stuff is on top! I don't want to wait forever to unload."

Phew, Rose deciphered Love's cryptic message. Love's text to Rose, "Yep! I'm going to need a drink after this one as well! Wanna see what we can scrounge up for drinks later?"

Rose texts Love back, 'Maybe l8r on the drinks. I'll watch the cargo. Don't blow up.'

She goes back to observing the deck hands.

userpay
2019-06-10, 11:51 PM
"And lookie, everypony is leavin conveniently after we get it..." That certainly didn't lend credence to this being a fake bomb. He moves over to investigate the package for himself.
Probably don't have my full kit on me but I like to think he'd at least keep a small bag on him with some bare minimals so rolling vs skill period for now.
Bomb [roll0] vs 14

Miltonian
2019-06-11, 12:44 AM
The package contains a very simple timer attached to enough explosives to blow up the entire ship's superstructure. If it were left on the bridge and went off, everything above the level of the deck would be obliterated. Also, it is set to go off in an hour, 20 minutes, about 50 minutes after they should be out to sea, far from land and help.

It looks as though the sailors are loading the last of the stuff. If they ship functions on a 'last on, first off' basis, the EDF's gear will definitely be in the first wave.

If they go to board the ship, they will find two marines guarding the way. They'll look the four of them over and hand them a set of ragged, but serviceable, cold weather gear.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-11, 07:14 AM
"Yeah. I know, it's never dull around here. Hopefully, the captain keeps to his schedule or at least sends us a notice if something delays him."

Longshot accepts the cold weather gear and begins shrugging into it.

"In the meantime, let's carry on as best we can. Be careful not to lose anything important in the transfer."

Translation: Love, keep an eye on the Captain and sound the alarm if he doesn't board the ship-- and bug the package so we always know where it's located.

Elbeyon
2019-06-11, 11:10 AM
Love texts Rose, "I'll keep an eye out for you after work. I'm not going to embarrass myself!"

Longshot needn't worry. Love is already on the case! She isn't about to let the three most interesting ponies in the room escape her attention. Love doesn't seem happy with the thought of the captain being late, "If the boat is late, our entire schedule will be thrown off."

She smiles at the two guards. "Thank you!" She takes the clothes. They look worn. She gives them a smell. "We came a little underdressed." Love rubs a hoof over her legs each in turn. "I thought I was going to freeze out here." She'll wiggle into a jacket. Yes! Clothes. Sweet warmth! Now, Love can slip on her new jewelry without it being in sight. Third sight, regained!

"Rose is watching our stuff. We shouldn't lose anything, or I hope not." Rose will watch the box, and Love will watch the Captain and friends! "I can't wait to meet everyone!"

Miltonian
2019-06-11, 12:29 PM
As Love watches, the Captain, Seaworthy, and the secretary meet up at the back door and step out. They pause outside for a moment and look expectantly at the secretary. Her horn begins to glow and she frowns. "Someone's got a camera on us," she says, "Take route B. I'll take the original route."

The captain nods. "I trust we will see you there, comrade." He and Seaworthy turn and walk one way, the secretary walks the other.

Meanwhile, everything is a-okay on the ship. One of the marines offers to show them the passenger area, where they will be staying until they arrive. It will only be a short trip, not even a full day.

Elbeyon
2019-06-11, 03:13 PM
Love intently watches the secretary and tries to suss her magic. The pony's words dawn on her with the meaning of the spell. Sense Observation! Oh, pony. Love hopes she hasn't caused them too much trouble in their route to the boat.

Still, they have already detected someone watching that area. She best not make things worse for her companions. Love has to be much more careful with a strong mage in the group and gives her robots some new commands. Follow the captain and his ensign. About the spell, Love abandons a robot there to watch the spell. Removing the eyes as soon as they are spotted is more suspicious and active than generic observation. Love tries to get new eyes on the secretory from the dock (assuming she leaves the observation area). If Love can see her from the dock (or if she is headed to the dock), she has the previously detected robots cease their activities.

Love says to Longshot, "We should wait for Rose, but I do love the idea of a tour."

Love will try to line up a laser on Longshot's eye. She texts that she is following the group, them splitting up, and provides some basic pictures. That way he can identify the secretary mage.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-11, 04:14 PM
Longshot receives the laser image and escapes with his vision intact. Interesting. He tests out the Neural Interface to send her a confirmation message. All good.

"Affirmative." Longshot nods to Love. "It wouldn't do to get split up yet." He turns back to the mariners and asks for a moment before being shown to the passenger area.

"Hey, Rose, Tiny, you two ready to go?" He calls.

So many factors and time to digest them. That was a weird place to be.

Elbeyon
2019-06-11, 04:58 PM
Oh! The feeling might be disconcerting to anyone not used to retinal-imaging, but it's a harmless invisible beam. It should be anyway. Love has never blinded anyone with the thing yet in her hours of using it. It can make for a fun game of laser tag!

She scomms! "Reading you loud and clear. Hopefully, they're coming around the long way."

DigoDragon
2019-06-11, 05:39 PM
Rose hears LS call out and gets on board the ship. "Yeah, I'm ready."

She procures her hobo coat for the trip, a mighty fall from the old days of something that actually was maintained when sailing at several thousand feet through the air. It was cold up there too.

Miltonian
2019-06-11, 09:39 PM
After long, winding routes, the Captain, Seaworthy, and the Secretary eventually meet up a short ways away from the ship. Wordlessly, the secretary begins casting a spell again, probably the same one.

And so, (reunited?) Harrier Squad boards the boat. The Ardor, an armed merchantman. Though the Vedinians are not known for subterfuge, this ship hides most of its weapons to lure in pirates before revealing its true nature and blasting them apart.

The 'common room' is the mess hall, a cramped area that is currently not in use. Behind the shutters to the kitchen, however, they can hear the ships's cooks hard at work. And it smells...decent. About average for ship-board food.

Elbeyon
2019-06-11, 11:31 PM
Love gives Rose a small smile. "Everything make it aboard alright?"

They accept the tour! Love asks for a moment to slip on as many layers as possible. She wishes she brought a scarf like Longshot.

Scomm to Longshot, "I think the secretary is using magic that detects if anyone is watching an area, and the spell lasts a long time." She sends some pictures to his 'hud.' That's why she is about to direct the BugBots away from watching that area. "We have to be more indirect in our observations until they leave that area or else she'll know that area is watched." Longshot and Love do share the robots so he could turn them back towards the area to observe the trio. The trio would know they're being watched, but the team wouldn't miss anything (though the trio will likely abort their conversation.)

About that spell: If Love thinks it is the same spell, she'll avert her eyes away from the area. She'll have some robots watch the surrounding area instead. That way she'll know what is going on around them even if she doesn't know what is going on with them.

Scomm to Longshot, "I'm thinking we slip the Officer a note and try to arrange a meeting that way?" She is simply brainstorming. Hah! With their brains, well, closer to using their brains then their mouths at least. Their brain stuff is still separated with stuff in the middle.

Love sees if she can drop some BugBots on the ship, but she doesn't do anything with them besides hide them away for now. Slow and steady now instead of rushing later.

She chats up their tour guides as they move through the ship. Her mind more on continuing those tests on the bomb. She wants to figure out who hoofed this thing. Scents, hoofprints, or any evidence. Did the Captain prepare the bomb? The Secretary? Love pulls out the full forensics kit. She doesn't see any magic on the thing.

She takes a deep breath at the smell. She asks their guide, who is being kind enough to show them around, "What's cooking?"

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-12, 05:45 AM
"We have to be more indirect in our observations until they leave that area or else she'll know that area is watched."

Scomm to Longshot, "I'm thinking we slip the Officer a note and try to arrange a meeting that way?"

Longshot acts as though he's surveying the room and decor, as he silently comms Love. "Negative. I think passive data collection has gone as far as it can; it's time to become more direct in getting answers. By the way, please tell me you were recording our meeting with the captain."

Longshot mulls over their options. Heh. He must have developed a flair for the dramatic over the past six months because he was getting a nasty idea.

"I think we should do a return to sender. We'll have to hurry." He says silently. Aloud, he says: "Hey, Tiny, we should get you some fresh air before the ship really gets underway. Maybe we can stave off your sea sickness this time."

He takes possession of the package and heads back the way they came. The captain was his destination.

DigoDragon
2019-06-12, 06:28 AM
Love gives Rose a small smile. "Everything make it aboard alright?"

"As far as I can tell, yeah," Rose replies.

She watches LS and Brazen head outside again. Good, the whole package thing just reeks of suspicion now that they know what's inside. Geez, not even the most hazing of hazing rituals back in the Air force involved explosives. She let's Love chat up the tour guide, just watching the passages they pass by on their tour.

Miltonian
2019-06-12, 07:41 PM
Since Love averted her attention, then she does not know exactly what the captain and his posse are up to! At least not until the three of them make for the ship, moving in a calm, business-like manner. Which means the GM doesn't have to spend time describing it.

Love's constant use of these bugbots could get her in trouble, if its discovered. Surely, spying on your ally without telling anyone can't blow up in your face, right? It could never be misconstrued in a situation where they are already concerned about spies.

Love's chemsniffer detects the Captain's scent on it as well as Seaworthy's. Nopony else.

The guide glances at the cafeteria barrier and shrugs. "Lunch, I shouldn't vonder, comrade." He sighs. "Ten to vone it vill be gruel again."

--

Longshot and Brazen head out and meet the trio as they are arriving at the gangplank. The trio move forward without a sign of recognition, though they do pause to wait (impatiently) for the two of them to disembark so the trio can board.

DigoDragon
2019-06-12, 08:05 PM
The guide glances at the cafeteria barrier and shrugs. "Lunch, I shouldn't vonder, comrade." He sighs. "Ten to vone it vill be gruel again."

"What kind; oat, wheat, or rice? And do you boil it in milk or just water like they do in Equestrian Air Force?" Rose asks. Food should never taste like the cardboard box it's packaged in.

Elbeyon
2019-06-12, 09:18 PM
Love scomms, "I record myself stopping to smell the flowers." She quips, "I'm going to record interesting." Love not recording might be slightly more surprising, ever so slightly. "I've been gathering information off the package."It's so nice to have scomms again! She missed talking.

Love doesn't resist her teams efforts and the package is away. She trusts them. Love's saddlebag is a real hot spot today. Sharing - they are becoming true comrades!

She tries to help Longshot's dramatic flair by providing any information. Love scomms, "Seaworthy is tense, but trying to play it cool. I'm not reading any hostilities."

Hopefully, that security team 'paperwork' is making progress back at base.

-----

She jokes, "I hope the gruel is a ten, not a one. " Love pokes her head around the group to look at the kitchen's shutters.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-12, 10:03 PM
Longshot slows his gate as he reaches the end of the ramp. Nervousness (born of recalled romantic difficulties) manifests in his demeanor.

"Excuse me, sir." He says, quietly, as though addressing a stranger with far more standing than himself. "We had some concerns over the safety of this ship and vessel. Is it customary to use live ordinance in your exercises?"

Miltonian
2019-06-12, 10:59 PM
"Have to ask the chefs," the marine says dourly, "But if the pst is any indication, oat and vater." As for the shutters, they are pretty solid. Not terribly see-through. Love can hear a lot. She might be able to slip a bugbot in.

----

The captain's annoyance appears to grow. "Civvie," he says, "You're welcome as a guest, but stay out of our way. We know how to run our ship. Unless you have something important to say, step aside and let me on my ship."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-13, 06:32 AM
For the benefit of those watching at a distance, Longshot endeavors to maintain his nervous disposition. For the benefit of Stormwind, Longshot endeavors to put some steel into his voice. The duality of this posture is interesting. Gone are the days when new personalities could be manifested at a whim.

"Then suffice to say," He hisses. "attempts to ferret out a spy are well and good. Attempts to paint us as terrorists will not be tolerated."

Longshot holds his position for a moment and then steps off the gangplank to allow the 'good' captain access to his ship.

With friends like these, who needs IronBeak?

Elbeyon
2019-06-13, 12:34 PM
Love looks back to the marine and asks, "Mind if I take a look? I love the sight of a busy kitchen." She raises her hoofs as if to signal she won't be touching anything. If he seems agreeable, Love will walk over to the shutter and try to sneak a peek into the kitchen. If the marine seems more interested in continuing the tour, Love figures there is always meal time.

She does keep trying to manage the chemsniffer when she isn't focusing on the deck. The data could be useful for learning the Captain's or Officer's patterns (once she captures the Officer's scent). It'd be useful to know where everyone sleeps.

Miltonian
2019-06-13, 03:09 PM
The captain pauses and turns towards Longshot with a raised eyebrow. "Terrorists?" he says, "What a curious term. Is there something you'd like to confess?"

---

The marine glances over at the shutter and a sly smile crosses his face. "Go right ahead, Comrade," he says, "the cook would love to meet you, I am certain."

As for Love's attempt at reading ponies...she can't. The three targets have good poker faces up now. Their true emotions are hidden away.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-13, 05:04 PM
Where's Question Mark when you really need him?

Longshot studies Stormwind. The nagging feeling that he was playing a game in which the rules were entirely unknown was... well, way past manifest and more like on high alert.

"A short while ago you hand us a package for a griffon." Longshot provides a brief, quick description in a low voice. "The contents of which make me wonder if you're setting us up for a fall."

Silent comm.: "Love, I might need Rose ASAP. Don't let her near the kitchen."

DigoDragon
2019-06-13, 07:26 PM
"So, what you you do for fun around here?" Rose asks the marine.

Elbeyon
2019-06-13, 08:02 PM
Scomm, "Roger. Want me to come up?"

"I'd love to meet the cook." Now, may not be a good time though.

Love checks her phone. "Rose, you're wanted on deck."

Miltonian
2019-06-13, 09:14 PM
The captain, the ensign, and the secretary are all looking intensely at Longshot now. "If you feel that way," the captain says coolly, "Then you are welcome to stay here. The ship will be departing in five minutes."

---

"Cards," the marine says with a sly grin, "It is a friendly game. Promise. And we welcome newcomers, if they have credits."

"By all means! Go meet her. I would love to watch." He chuckles.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-13, 09:34 PM
Thoughts of his Tartarus encounter with Rainbow Dash came to mind. His failure to stand down back then prompted a lot of frustration. Best to at least try and at least learn from experience.

"We'll see this through to completion." Longshot tries to thread the needle between de-escalating the situation and refusing to cower from it. "I merely wanted our standing on the record. If you'll exist me, sir."

A quick turn and scurried hoof-steps took him back up the gangplank. He tried to maintain his outwardly nervous disposition.

Message to Love: "Captain was less than helpful. We're committed to his test."

This was such a fine mess.

DigoDragon
2019-06-13, 09:41 PM
"Cards," the marine says with a sly grin, "It is a friendly game. Promise. And we welcome newcomers, if they have credits."

"Credits, huh? 'fraid I don't carry any at the moment. Might have to earn some for a night."

Love checks her phone. "Rose, you're wanted on deck."

"Hmm, do what now? Um, okay." Rose makes her way up to the main deck.

Elbeyon
2019-06-13, 10:11 PM
Scomm, "I'll keep exploring the options."

Love rubs her chin. "Everyone being gone makes for a wobbly tour. Maybe, a small break will see everyone re-united?" She smiles real big. "How about me meeting that chef?"

Love sees if she can open the shutter and sneak a peek into the kitchen.

userpay
2019-06-14, 11:47 AM
Brazen follows quietly behind Longshot. The earth pony's own track record with talking others down not all that good so he just observes.

"Ah still don't like the direction this is goin. We seriously goin to hand over ah live one?" Brazen comms.

Miltonian
2019-06-14, 12:45 PM
The captain nods slowly and moves off, taking his two escorts with him. Longshot has passed through that encounter relatively unscathed.

----

The marine sizes her up. "Be interesting to hear how you propose to do that," he says, giving her an odd, slightly suspicious look.

But she manages to disentangle herself from that engagement without trouble. And so, Rose steps onto the deck just in time to come face to face with the Captain. He huffs. "Oh, don't tell me. The water isn't hot enough or something, right?"

----

The shutter is locked and the marine laughs a little at her eagerness. "Of course, of course, comrade. Head right through that door there. I will sit and have a little break while you make friends, da?"

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-14, 02:35 PM
"I don't like this either." Longshot hisses back to Brazen. "It smells all wrong but we don't have much choice. We have to play the game, but that doesn't mean we can't cheat the rules a little."

He passes the package to Brazen and continues: "Get this defused but make it look like a simple reconnect. Be quick about it."

Silent comm. to Love: Need you topside and running Changeling checks quick. We have to play the game. Brazen defusing. Going to get Rose delivering. Like to know if the captain has been the same throughout our dealings.

Finally, Longshot tries to catch Rose's eye. He signals a query if she can get free and regroup asap.

DigoDragon
2019-06-14, 04:31 PM
Rose tilts her head at the captains query. "No sir, your ship is in fine order."

She'll salute and step aside to let him pass her.

Elbeyon
2019-06-14, 08:14 PM
Love can't peek in through the window. A door is a door too far away. Love would love to meet the chef but jobs a calling. "The door?" There is a difference between peeking through a service window and walking into the kitchen. "It smells like she is busy, and I wouldn't want to bother her while she is working. Perhaps, later." Love looks back to the way her three friends left. She starts walking that way.

Scomm, "Changeling checks on everypony? I might need some assistance. I can locate Brazen's tools if needed, but if they are sealed in the hold it may be difficult to gather them. We're not done with the tour, but finding a quiet place for him to work would be a good idea. A bathroom? I'll check on the Captain."

She says, "A pony should always know where to find a restroom. Did we pass one on the way down?" She nervously chuckles, "This boat has more than one restroom?" She asks if she isn't sure that she would.

Love watches the Captain on the trail she already laid, and tries to get close enough to work her magic without being nearby him. She'd like to magic the trio and the officer if the opportunity presents itself. Has she seen the officer yet?

Miltonian
2019-06-15, 11:41 AM
The Captain and his posse pass Rose by, heading up towards the bridge of the ship. She, Longshot, and Brazen are free to collaborate and work together how they wish. However, it might not be best to fiddle with a bomb on the open deck.

----

The marine seems slightly disappointed by Love's refusal, though does a good job of not pressing her. He nods. "Da, there is a bathroom on his ship. Would be a poor ship without one. I'll show you."

He leads the way through a hallway down to a small, communal bathroom, one for mares and one for stallions. Unfortunately, this does not carry her close enough to cast spells on him. As for the officer, he's supposedly on the bridge and Love has had no opportunity to get near that yet.

DigoDragon
2019-06-15, 12:12 PM
Rose walks over to Longshot and Brazen. "So, you called for me?"

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-15, 02:20 PM
Longshot nods and maintains his quiet whisper.

"We either play the game or swim back to shore so we're committed. I figure it's best to start getting crafty. Do you mind finding a place where Brazen can tinker and you can check your makeup before making the delivery for us?"

Silent comm. to Love: "Not every pony. I'd like to know if there's any discrepancies between the captain then and the captain now. It's possible, albeit unlikely, that our initial meeting with him was actually with a Changeling agent."

Elbeyon
2019-06-15, 03:27 PM
Aw, Love wants to be a good sport about being pranked, but there is always later for everyone. "I'll let you introduce me to her later." She gives him a slight bit of a smile.

As long as he is leading her in the correct direction she'll follow along. "Oh! A communal bathroom." She is a little surprised, but that fades once she remembers this ship is filled with military ponies. She asks a bit nervous, "Do we," she hesitates, "get private bedrooms?"

Love keeps her remote eye on the captain and walks off towards his direction unless the bedrooms are in the same direction (in which case Love will follow the marine).

Scomm, "This charm requires us to see the pony, through technology works, and be within five or so yards. I'm trying to get below the Captain. I haven't been able to get the Officer on screen yet." Everypony has the exact same charms so Longshot can check as well. "I can check his current identity, but I didn't check when we first met. I've been watching them almost the entire time - I didn't see a switch." She thinks, "The package has his scent; it's from before we met." She adds, "The ship has a single communal bathroom." Love sends him an incomplete 3d map of the ship with the bathrooms marked.

DigoDragon
2019-06-15, 04:16 PM
"We either play the game or swim back to shore so we're committed. I figure it's best to start getting crafty. Do you mind finding a place where Brazen can tinker and you can check your makeup before making the delivery for us?"

Rose nods to the affirmative. She looks to Brazen. "Come with me, we'll find you a room," she whispered. Rose goes to find a secluded spot, like their room.

Airship crew skill might defaults to seaship? [roll0]

Miltonian
2019-06-15, 07:45 PM
And so, with the captain onboard and ensconced in the bridge, the ship begins to cast off and pull away from the dock! They are up a creek with almost no paddle now.

The marine tilts his head and looks at Love curiously. "Why would you need a room? You won't be onboard overnight."

Love's remote eye, however, follows the captain all the way to his ready room, where she at last finds their target...at the head of the table and wearing the sash of an admiral! The captain salutes him instead of the other way around, then nods to the secretary. She begins casting that same spell...

----

However...despite having no bedrooms, Rose knows that, with the departure from port, everypony will be working. Which means that they are not in the break room. She leads Brazen there and keeps watch while he defuses the bomb expertly. It's one of those simple types that, when the timer reaches zero, sends an electric current into the explosive to trigger it. Not hard to defuse at all. Just cut the wire. It is ready for...shenanigans.

DigoDragon
2019-06-15, 08:14 PM
Rose sends text to EDF, 'I think Brazen diffused the thing. Do we deliver?'

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-15, 08:56 PM
EDF Text: "Hold on until we can confirm a location. We're working on it."

S.comm to Love: "If you can do it without being detected then go ahead and check. Afterward, we'll start searching for the package recipient."

Longshot moves to the railing and watches the retreating shoreline. His mind works overtime. Trust a griffon/ally and look at what it gets them.

They needed more evidence to make an informed decision. The only question was where to get it?

Elbeyon
2019-06-15, 10:01 PM
Love keeps walking forward while she looks around. Her hoof rubs her chin. "So, we don't have rooms? We won't need a place to sleep." She points at the marine like he has a really good point. "You have a very good point." If her guide starts to fall behind, she ushers him to catch up.

Love hooflessly texts, "You found a place? Good work!"

Scomm, "I think I can pull this off without being detected." She says, "I haven't detected any spells or magic items aside from the stated while aboard."

Love directs the BugBots to move away. She doesn't want any robots unsupervised or trapped in the observation zone. This mage runs a tight ship. Love likes that. She plays the same game by watching the area outside the area to detect changes within the area without directly watching the area.

She walks and when she gets a chance seamlessly activates the magic in the bracelet before the bugbots are away and the spell goes into effect.

Love switches to a newer encryption. Scomm, "The group is meeting with the package recipient." Love sends her footage to Longshot showing the Captain saluting the officer/Admiral. "Him and the three are, I assume, having a chat on the bridge. They aren't talking unless they are sure they're talking in private."

She asks the solider, "How have you been feeling lately?"

Captain! You've been chosen!

[roll0]
"Tells if the subject is under any kind of Shapeshifting spell or similar magical effect, including Alter Visage, Alter Body, and illusions. The caster must be able to see the subject. The spell also gives a general idea of the subject’s true shape; on a critical success, it identifies the subject’s true nature (including a common name or description) and the magic used to disguise it. It does not reveal the nature of Hallucinations."

DigoDragon
2019-06-15, 10:06 PM
Rose texts the EDF, 'Ok, will wait in mess hall.'

Miltonian
2019-06-16, 02:11 PM
Love's magic goes off without a hitch. And it reveals...absolutely nothing. The captain is who he says he is, as is everyone else. There are no illusions or changelings in the room.

The marine eyes Love with a curious eye. There is suspicion there, but it is a soldier's suspicion, the gaze of someone who is used to keeping an eye on everyone and never truly letting down his guard. "No complaints," he answers, "Is there some reason I should be feeling poorly? Poison in my drink or the like?"

He will lead the way back to the messhall, where she can join with Rose again. Longshot, meanwhile, ponders the situation on the railings of the ship. At least, with the bomb deactivated, the ship is not due to explode.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-16, 08:38 PM
Longshot forwards Love's information via text to Rose.

There wasn't any sense in delaying further. It was time to let the cud hit the fan.

userpay
2019-06-17, 10:45 AM
Once safely away from prying eyes Brazen tweaks the package so that it won't go off. "Well, ah suppose it's time to see how this plays out... Please tell me we have recordins of the package bein passed to us?"

DigoDragon
2019-06-17, 12:06 PM
Rose scratches her head. "I didn't record anything, but maybe Love did."

Rose texts Love, 'Did you record us getting the package from the captain?'

Elbeyon
2019-06-17, 01:13 PM
Scomm/Text, "No changelings and double confirmation on the no illusions."

Love is taken aback by the solder's reaction. She almost wants to tilt her head in bewilderment. She tries to liven up the solider's morale and jokes, "I didn't think the food here was that bad."

Scomm/Text, "Yes."

[roll0] vs 14 (Body Language)

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-17, 02:22 PM
Longshot takes another look at the shore. For a sea cruise, this was feeling very much like stepping off a cliff. Either the wings would catch you or you'd crash and burn.

Text to the EDF: "Make the drop."

Miltonian
2019-06-17, 05:01 PM
The marine keeps his serious expression for five more seconds, glowering at Love. Then, he grins and bursts out laughing. "It's good, comrade! Just a joke. You have not been near anything I've eaten." His eyes twinkle. "And if you did poison me, you would have a very hard time! Ha! Strong as a horse, I am."

The time is now. The stage is set! Now for...the EDF's counterstroke.

DigoDragon
2019-06-17, 05:22 PM
Rose sounds a quick message on silent comm to @Everyone. 'Delivering now.'

Rose breaks out some magic and weaves a 'bland' male disguise based on the sailors on this ship. She then takes the package up and begins the walk over for the delivery.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-17, 08:53 PM
Longshot holds his position, watches and waits.

Miltonian
2019-06-17, 09:00 PM
As Rose ascends to the door, she is fortunate enough to arrive right as they are all stepping outside, talking with each other. They do not take immediate notice of her, given her disguise. Not even the secretary.

Perfect.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-17, 09:38 PM
Longshot holds his position.

Elbeyon
2019-06-17, 09:49 PM
Scomm/Text, "I'll keep an eye open." Love probably bugs Rose on her way through the hall.

---------

Love has a good laugh at the guide's deadpan delivery. She jokes, "Would you like to change that?" Love will walk with him back towards the kitchen. She chuckles, "You look strong. I wanted to get to know you. Have you been doing 'this'", she motions towards the ship, "for a while?" Love will settle back towards the kitchen. She motions her head back over to the kitchen door.

Love probably continues to research the group and sniffs around the ship to try to catch the Captain's living corridors.

DigoDragon
2019-06-18, 06:43 AM
Love probably bugs Rose on her way through the hall.

Rose accepts being bugged. It is the closest she will ever be to her final form.

She walks over to the target recipient. Rose salutes and holds out the package. "Package for you, sir," she says in a deeper tone.

Soldier (to try and get their salute custom correct) [roll0] v. 16

Miltonian
2019-06-18, 09:09 AM
"A package?" the admiral replies. Rose's salute and disguise seem to work to her advantage. The admiral isn't obviously suspicious. He takes the package in a claw and smiles. "Did my wife send this? She is such a dear."

Captain Stormwind clears his throat. "Excuse me," he mutters and pulls out a small flask, the opaque kind you put whiskey in. Behind him, the secretary produces a similar flask while Seaworthy salutes and steps out of the bridge entirely.

---

The marine slaps his own chest. "Would not change my hearty constitution and strong, Vedinian physique, comrade. However, you getting near the food before it is served would be entertaining."

He grins. "I am a son with a proud father. Been serving in the navy since I was a fresh-faced colt. They keep trying to put me behind a desk, to which I say 'Ha!' So long as I can meet the physicals they throw at me, they cannot force me into an office."

Love's research is...going very slow now. There are few modems out in the middle of the sea.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-18, 09:44 AM
Silent comm. to Love: "Just in case this goes bad, and me a copy of the Stormwind video. Admiral is opening the package in three to five seconds."

Longshot begins approaching the bridge and, by extension, the site of imminent disaster. Come on, Rose, get out of there.

Body Language VS 16

Admiral
[roll0]

Secretary
[roll1]

Stormwind
[roll2]

Elbeyon
2019-06-18, 12:50 PM
Love takes a deep internal breath nearby Rose. She remembers wearing a blindfold, and her zebra friends putting strange objects under her nose. Love trusts the odious air. The burnt smell of gathered feathers, plantlife, and strange liquids is hard to miss and harder to recognize in the mixture. Though, trust is hardly needed since the ingredients are as bad as any prank that could be put under he nose. A common prank might even smell better. She names ingredients. The rare sip of a valuable potion dotting the experience. The concoction rarely tastes good. She remembers this one! The taste has subtle differences, but this one didn't taste that bad out of all of them!

Scomm, "They pulled out potions to turn themselves into air. They might have a way to activate the package remotely." Love pushes an image of the Captain and Secretary arming themselves with magic resistant flasks. The aura of magic glowing out of the top as the rest of the bottle doesn't so much as light up under Mage Sight.

Love simultaneously orders her BugBot near Rose's ear, she whispers, "The Captain and Secretary drew potions to turn themselves into air. They might have a way to activate the package remotely." Any magic might require sight/seeing the bomb.

She whispers similarly to Brazen that he may want to get moving.

-------

Love stands up. "I need to go get my friends. They've been gone too long." She hurries off. "How strong are your lungs?," she asks.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-18, 05:04 PM
Longshot gets Love's report at the same time he finalizes his assessment of the three Vedinians. There was only one conclusion.

"Shut them down!" Longshot relays his message over subvocal comm and the bugbot relay. "Protect the Admiral!"

He recalls his armor and preps for extreme counter-measures.

[roll0] VS 16 (13 Base +3 Hyper Spectral)

DigoDragon
2019-06-18, 05:57 PM
1. Shut them down.
2. Protect the Admiral.

Objectives obtained.

Rose spins to the left and attempts to kick the flask out of the captain's hand.

Attack (Brawling): [roll0] vs 13 (+4 All-out attack [Determined] -4 called shot [held object])

Miltonian
2019-06-18, 11:12 PM
The marine stands up with her. "Pretty good," he asks, curious, "Why do you ask, comrade?"

--

The Longshot has entered the game.

---

Rose's hoof lashes out and knocks the bottle flying. However, the secretary takes this opportunity to chug hers and her body immediately turns to vapor.

The Captain's face turns pale, but he raises his voice. "Treachery! The Equestrians are--" And that's as far as he gets in the space of a second. Meanwhile, his claw goes for his sidearm.

The admiral looks aghast. "What in the name of the Wise Lady is going on?" he demands.

DigoDragon
2019-06-19, 06:34 AM
1. Shut them down.
2. Protect the Admiral.

"Your package is from the captain," Rose says to the Admiral. She steps between the captain and admiral at this point to protect the charge. Rose then goes... and she doesn't have her guns. Well then. Guess she'll have to bring a horn to this gun fight.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-19, 06:35 AM
"Got the griffon."

Longshot springs forward, shoulder lowering, at Stormwind. Upon impact, he'll put the power armor's new abilities to use by activating the shock plating.

To Hit
[roll0] VS 17 (13 DX +4 All Out Attack)

Impact Damage
(13 HP x 9? Yards Moved) / 100 = 1.17 die
[roll1]

Stun Damage
[roll2]

Elbeyon
2019-06-19, 09:31 AM
Like usual, Love is watching the air waves. If they try to get a signal out, Love will skip her turn to jam.

She answers, "Follow me to the Bridge." Which normally wouldn't be that hard...

A fragment of electricity flickers at Love's ear then her body. Her horn coalesces into existence, glowing solid orange with magic. She takes a step, and moves twelve hoofs across the mess hall. Her horn disappears in much the same way it appeared after the spell is cast.

She RTS commander positions her BugBots to watch the ship for any escaping secretaries. Her eyes on the airy mare, but the mage may try to escape.

She sends an order to her bag to prepare a dispel grenade and her gun.

Scomm/Rose's ear, "I'm on my way. I'll see if I can do something about the mare when I get there."

Magic item, go!

"A very fast Flight spell. The subject has a Move of 40 (80 mph) without encumbrance; encumbrance reduces Move normally. The subject can move and fight normally, and has a combat advantage if above his foes (p. B402)."

Love uses a step to fly 4 hexes/12 hoofs.

Miltonian
2019-06-19, 11:45 AM
Longshot peels in from the foredeck, slamming into the surprised and off-guard captain. There are some distinct advantages to moving quickly. The gun goes flying from his claw. He's stunned from the impact and probably has a few broken ribs. Best of all, his monologue's been cut short.

That leaves just the secretary, who drifts back and upwards into the air. A look of hatred crosses her face. Magic begins to crackle around her misty horn.

"Death to Boreas!" she shouts, voice like a harsh gust. Her spell completes and the package glows in the Admiral's claws. As for the ranking officer himself, the idea that he's in danger is slowly penetrating his mind. He takes one look at the now-beeping package in his claws and pitches it over the side as hard as he can.

A moment later, the ocean heaves as the bomb explodes directly off the port side.

Ensign Seaworthy is nowhere to be seen. Love knows he hasn't tried to jump off the side or anything.

----

The marine dashes behind Love, though can't match her speed. The ship rocks slightly and a look of great alarm crosses his face. He redoubles his efforts.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-19, 02:13 PM
Subvocal Comm./Bugbot: "Belay that, Love. We need you finding Seaworthy. Hack the whole boat if you have to but find him."

Longshot grabs his rifle and readies it for use. He plants a hoof on the griffon and sends another jolt of Stun into Stormwind while he's at it.

Heh. Captain on deck.

[roll0]

DigoDragon
2019-06-19, 02:37 PM
"Death to Boreas!"

"Shut up." Rose's horn flashes with a spell to destroy the air around the vapor entity.

Spellcasting [roll0] v. 15
(Casting destroy air around the target)

Elbeyon
2019-06-19, 05:53 PM
Same deal with the jamming

Love grimaces at the bomb exploding in the cold water. A griffon doesn't become an admiral by being helpless. He quite literally saved himself.

Love says to her tag along, "The admiral is on the bridge. Watch out for Seaworthy! I'll be on the bridge in a Fili-Second!"

The ensign is an earth pony? He couldn't have gotten that far.

Scomm, "Roger, Longshot, I'm going to borrow your spare ScoutBot." She orders it out of his saddlebag and into a search.

She orders the ScoutBots in her bag to drop hauling duties to BugBots. She orders two ScoutBots out of her bag as she runs through the ship.

Love keeps an eye out for any magic auras. A nose open as she tries to follow his scent with the local BugBots. She access a few BugBot memories to see if she can get a clue on his heading.

Love zips through the ship leaving a blue blur as she 'runs' super speed in the ensign's direction (or last know direction).

Perception
[roll0] vs 13 (perception) +2/3/4 (Infravision (BugBots) or Hyper vision (ScoutBots) or Discriminatory Smell (BugBots)

Miltonian
2019-06-19, 06:59 PM
Stormwind goes down for the count. He won't be getting up anytime soon.

Rose's spell causes pain, but does not disable her target. The secretary, exposed for what she is, casts a glare of hatred at them and then weaves a spell around herself. She zips away, over and off the side of the ship, which is still steaming at Ahead Full. She will rapidly disappear if something is not done about her.

However, Rose feels something cold and metal press into the back of her neck. The admiral, it seems, has drawn his ceremonial sword. "Right then," he says, "Don't move. I want a thorough and immediate explanation for all this. Why in Eyr's name did you hand me a bomb?"

Love dashes through the ship, her new and improved senses picking up strong magic coming from the engine room. Seaworthy definitely could have reached it if he'd moved quickly. It's not unicorn magic, but closer to...Chaos magic?

DigoDragon
2019-06-19, 08:39 PM
"Right then," he says, "Don't move. I want a thorough and immediate explanation for all this. Why in Eyr's name did you hand me a bomb?"

"The captain had told us that you may be a spy working with the corvids. He asked us to deliver to you a package and that your response to it would determine your loyalties. Well we were rather curious why we'd be given such a task considering we only recently joined this outfit. We looked inside the package and found the bomb. Our explosives expert disabled the timer and we set out to deliver it with the plan to catch the captain in the act, which seems to have worked. We didn't know they had a second trigger on the bomb though."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-19, 09:26 PM
With a single thought, Hawk Flight potion takes effect. Longshot pushes off from the railing and rockets after the fleeing secretary.

Time to see if all that training had accomplished anything. He comes within firing range, brings his rifle/grenade launcher monstrosity up and takes a snapshot. He tries to angle the shot so as to avoid catching himself in the radius.

Attack
[roll0] VS 12 (15 Base, +4 Weapon Mods, -2 Move and Attack, - 5 Distance)

Dispel Effect Roll?
[roll1] VS 15

Elbeyon
2019-06-19, 09:39 PM
Magic in the engine room? Love kicks off a wall to ease into a corridor around and runs towards the strong magic. Chaos magic? She somehow didn't see that that coming. She really should have seen that unpredictable thread. Chaos magic makes too much sense to not be woven into the mission.

Scomm, "Seaworthy might be using chaos magic in the engine room. I'm heading there." Gulp. A chaos magic user. That's big. A strong one at that. They say a wise pony should always bring a mage to a mage fight. Love is short one horn of a unicorn.

She directs Longshot's ScoutBot to follow him. She directs her two ScoutBots to head to the bridge and engine. The BugBots can look pretty! They've been pulling some ant loads (and love as them spaced out how she liked when setting up a net for the air elemental anyway). She does order some in her bag to be ready to leave their container.

Assuming Love reaches the engine room and she sees Seaworthy, she says, "Seaworthy!" Her hoofs touch the floor as she 'lands.' "Let's talk. I enjoy talking, and we haven't talked much!" Love reads the magic auras in the room. "You know some awesome magic."

Miltonian
2019-06-19, 10:24 PM
"Me? A spy?" the admiral exclaims. He glances down at the captain, who can't say anything in his defense. "If it weren't for his secretary popping off like that, I'd say it was a lie and order you thrown in the brig. But now I am curious. But I'll need more than that if I'm going to believe my own brother tried to kill me."

---

*POP*

And just like that, the secretary's spell vanishes. Her eyes go wide and she screams as she falls right into the ocean.

---

Love dashes into the engine room to find a pony and a griffon dead on the ground, small bullet holes in the back of their heads, and Seaworthy chanting over their bodies. Magic swirls around both corpses, foul, sickly magic. Not the kind of chaos Discord uses. Seaworthy turns and regards Love with an impassive look.

"You're too late," he says, "Admiral Stormwind dies, one way or another."

DigoDragon
2019-06-19, 10:45 PM
"Me? A spy?" the admiral exclaims. He glances down at the captain, who can't say anything in his defense. "If it weren't for his secretary popping off like that, I'd say it was a lie and order you thrown in the brig. But now I am curious. But I'll need more than that if I'm going to believe my own brother tried to kill me."

Meh, couldn't be any worse than the last brig she spent a night in.

"We have our encounter with the captain recorded. Our tech specialist is currently on her way and she can provide you further evidence."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-20, 03:18 AM
Longshot banks and drops altitude. He follows after the secretary and attempts to secure a hold on her.

"I advise you to surrender and cooperate."

Aerobatics
[roll0] VS 16 (14 Skill +2 Three-D Spatial Sense)

Grapple
[roll1] VS 17 (13 DX +4 All Out Attack)

ST
[roll2] VS 28 (13 Base +15 Power Armor)

Elbeyon
2019-06-20, 09:32 AM
Scomm, "Seaworthy is in the engine using necromancy on two corpses." Love pushes an image towards the hud.

------

Love doesn't find herself as chatty or complementing his magical skills after she sees the bodies and the magic around them. He is right about one thing. Love is too late, but there are other people depending on her too. People like the Admiral.

"Is this your Rule of Flesh?" She points with her head towards the bodies. "Is this your Will? What you want?"

Love has to stop him before he kills again. Her saddlebag flips open and stays open. Her long rifle floats out of her saddlebag like it's a rabbit being pulled out of a hat. She snatches it and snap fires at Seaworthy. She lifts her hoof and rubber bands nearer to the engine to protect it.

Fire! (I don't know if he has armor (or is wearing clothes), but if it's questionable Love will shoot him in a limb to avoid DR.)
[roll0] vs 14 (Beam) +5 (Targeting) + 2 (Rapid Fire) -2? (Limb) +/- (Other(s))

Stun Damage (3)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

The hoof step was a step. Love is moving closer (did move closer to avoid attack penalties)

Miltonian
2019-06-20, 10:05 AM
The admiral lets out a huff. "Then," he says, taking a seat but keeping his blade near Rose, "We're going to sit here and wait for her."

-----

Longshot reaches down and grabs the secretary by the back of her uniform, hauling her up as she splutters and kicks. However, something tugs back. Something beneath the water has a hold of her and doesn't want to let go. It resists his attempts to pull her free. An inky darkness spreads out beneath her, rising quickly towards the surface.

Make another ST check.

-----

With a laugh, Seaworthy dives behind part of the engine and avoids Love's fire. Out from under his jacket, he pulls a leatherbond book and begins flicking through it. Words in a guttural, ancient tongue fill the room and, though the ship is above water, Love's lungs feel like they've suddenly filled with seawater.

Make an HT roll, if you please.

The dead pony and griffon stand up, leaking black ichor in place of blood. They slowly turn towards Love.

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-20, 11:59 AM
"Copy, Love. I'm offship trying to apprehend the secretary. Cannot assist. Star, please tell me you're listening to comms."

Longshot grunts as he resecures a grip on the unicorn. He hauls back in an effort to win this living tug-of-war battle.

"Little Li, mind telling me what we're looking at?"

[roll0] VS 28

Scan
[roll1]

Elbeyon
2019-06-20, 01:10 PM
Scomm, "Copy. No assistance required here. Updating only." Communication is key.

Battles are measured in seconds. If Love loses this fight, she'll likely be dead long before any pony is able to reach her. Star is at least minutes away.

------

Seaworthy doesn't seem to have any spells on him. The book might be empowering him? That wasn't a bad shot from Love. Is he that quick?

That language. She can hear the power in the words. Love's breath catches and her chest tightens as her lungs fill with burning seawater. She fights her automatic breath response and stops herself from panicking. Her body and charm fight the magic inside her body, and the feeling seems to lose power. Love coughs out whatever water is in her lungs while clinching her rifle in her hoof. As she chokes and gasps, her voice emanates from her body, BugBots, "That's an old looking book."

Threat assessment: Seaworthy is more dangerous than zombies.

Her hoofs lift off the ground as she begins ascending into the air in humanoid form. The BugBots that retrieved her rifle scatter across the room to cut down on blindspots. She zips upward and over the black ichor corpses and behind Seaworthy's cover. She floats as high as she can, takes aim such that she'll minimize setting off any defense spells, and shoots two grenades near him. Then, to complete her spring attack, she flies back away from the mage. Magic is often a short range affair, not that it seemed to help Love's lungs. She wetly coughs.

Fire! 40mm Shock Grenade x2!
[roll0] vs 16 = 14 (GL) +4 (Targeting) + 4 (Floor) -4 (Bulk) -~2 (Distance) +/- (Other(s))

Stun Damage
[roll1]
[roll2]

DigoDragon
2019-06-20, 06:21 PM
Rose sits down on the floor and waits.

Miltonian
2019-06-20, 06:51 PM
Longshot's armor gives him the boost he needs to pull the Secretary free. However, her hips and hind legs are red and covered in blisters. The fur is almost gone and her bones seem to be...missing. Her legs flop and move freely, elongating before Longshot's eyes. She grins and shows off a mouth and throat suddenly full of teeth. Her pupils are slitted and she hisses through gills that open on her neck.

------

Seaworthy's forehoof lashes out and grabs one of Love's grenades out of the air. It goes off in his grip. The other strikes him in the chest. Between the two of him, he slumps over, uniform smoking and blackened.

The two zombies turn slowly towards Love. Their bodies begin to swell and mutate, becoming thicker, harder, and taller. The pony takes a step forward and the metal plates bend from the impact.

------

The Admiral looks down at the Captain and sighs. "So what's your story?" he asks Rose, "Why are you here?"

DigoDragon
2019-06-20, 07:13 PM
"My team was called here to help you fight Ironbeak," Rose says. "We're pretty good at breaking our enemies."

Elbeyon
2019-06-20, 08:32 PM
Love's eyes go all wide when Seaworthy catches the grenade. That is very impressive and highly improbable. She sighs a relief as he gets knocked out. He should be out until they revive him. She says to him, "Seaworthy, you are being detained!" Her coat stands up on end, and that's not entirely caused by the shock grenades. A few pieces of gel are in her coat and electrified her fur.

Love orders the closet BugBots near Seaworthy to grab his leather book and remove it from his possession.
Love orders a BugBot out of her bag to put a Suspend Animation bracelet on Seaworthy.

She looks at the two bodies with a frown. She says to them, "I'm sorry."

But. "You two aren't the only ones that can get bigger!" Love breaths and says her activation code, "70RCH." The air surges around Love as her power armor materializes on her body. A mighty puffing in her chest before she disappears underneath layers of protection.

Love takes a step in the air and tries to leverage herself some space to dodge any charges or attacks while keeping her distance. Love turns her shock armor on. Electricity dances through the air around her.

Activate Armor & Step!

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-20, 09:23 PM
"Well..." Longshot blinks. "that's unexpected."

Then he rockets skyward taking the monster secretary along for the ride. His shock armor activates for all the good it will do.

After climbing as high as he dared, Longshot puts his armor to the test. Forelegs flex as he hurls the creature higher into the air.

Full move skyward.

Shock Armor Damage
[roll0]

ST for the throw.
[roll1] VS 28

userpay
2019-06-20, 10:51 PM
Zombies on board? Brazen summons his armor and begins rushing towards Love's position. "On my way to engine room, keep mobile Love."

Miltonian
2019-06-20, 11:14 PM
"Team?" the Admiral says, suspicious, "And who do you work for? Internal Security?"

---

The former griffon crouches down and launches itself into the air, swinging at Love with the wrench held in its claws! It whiffs, passing right by her head. The wrench slams into an overhead pipe instead and shatters in its grip. The pipe is dented and begins to lead steam.

The second one turns and knocks the door aside. It hangs brokenly on a single hinge. The former pony begins to walk out.

---

The mare's entire lower body splits apart, forming into a mass of writhing tentacles, more than Longshot can count. The electricity makes her scream in pain, though caught in the middle of it, Longshot hears three words. "Please! Help me!"

But there is no helping her. The tentacles on her lower body attempt to wrap around Longshot and, unless he can dodge, will grab hold right before she flies off into the distance.

---

Brazen runs down the stairs, headed for the engine room. But as he goes, he hears a whisper coming from down below. Far, far below, beneath the ship. It has a question for him. He can't make it out, but it requires an answer.

He will need to make a Will Save.

DigoDragon
2019-06-21, 06:11 AM
"Team?" the Admiral says, suspicious, "And who do you work for? Internal Security?"

"No, the Equestrian Defense Force. Were you not told we would be coming to assist?" Rose asks. "Please don't tell me the captain brought us here just to deliver a freakin' bomb and no one knows we are here to help you fight Iron beak."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-21, 06:23 AM
One hoof bats away the encroaching tentacles as he twists into an aileron roll that spins him out of the secretary's reach.

Eyes narrow. A hoof slides into his rifle and brings it to bear. The old anger flickers but doesn't have enough power to influence him. Grief, however does.

"I'm sorry."

Longshot opens fire.

Attack
[roll0] VS 21/20
(17 Base Skill +5 Weapon Mods +2 Rapid Fire -1/2 Distance?)

I rolled the wrong numbers on damage. See the OoC thread for proper damage results.

Damage (Lethal)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

Elbeyon
2019-06-21, 08:28 AM
Ocean

Longshot's ScoutBot follows fast as it can, but Longshot is four times faster except when it comes to moving in straight lines. His immediate upward curve has the ScoutBot slowing and trying to avoid the falling into the mage's reach.

Engine

Love's ScoutBot must have reached the engine room by now? She checks on the BugBots trying to retrieve the book and orders the ScoutBot to help if they haven't managed the task yet.

She dodges out of the way of the griffon. Crap! Steam. That's not good. Wait!? Did it just shatter the wrench in its claws by using it!? Uh oh. At least it lost its leverage?

Love uses the BugBots in the ship to warn people about the approaching twelve foot armored zombie (or its actual height). The situation is growing beyond her control and no longer isolated to the engine room. She needs to escort ponies out of the way of danger. There are already two dead people on her hoofs. She orders a HoloBot out of her bag to summon a Love to try to gather the pony zombie's attention. She doesn't have enough time to make a dynamic LoveHolo so the image is just a pre-recording - the holos are designed into the other visual/audio spectrums such as heat. She has to try everything and anything.

Scomm, "Brazen, a giant zombie is leaving the engine room. I need help with containment!"

She raises her rifle and unloads on the pony zombie. She has to slow it down until Brazen arrives even if for a second! She shouts at the leaving pony to try to gather its attention again. "Hey! Don't run away! Where are you going? I'm back here! Attack me!"

Love flies around to her advantage, flying closer for attacks, and flying away to give herself dodging room. She eyes the griffon to ready herself for the next attack. She stays near the ceiling to prevent it from gaining a height advantage during its attack.

Fire! 40mm Tangler! (ST 24)
Love has her weapon harness on now! I missed the maneuverability!

[roll0] vs 22 = 14 (GL) +4 (Targeting) +4 (Floor)

Miltonian
2019-06-21, 12:32 PM
"Then why in Eyr's good name are you dressed like one of my ensigns?" the Admiral demands of Rose.

---

Longshot's barrage tears through the mutating mare and blows her away. She falls into the ocean, a long, echoing wail following her down.

The darkness below surges up to meet her and turns the ocean the color of ink. She disappears the moment she slips below the surface. The blackness folds into itself and disappears.

Lil Twi comes online, voice bright and cheerful. "Error! Subject does not fully exist in this reality. Results inconclusive. However, comparison with similar phenomenon does give a warning. Do not touch it! Mutation and psychosis are the likely result of contact with extra-dimensional entities, at the very least."

---

The Scoutbot has not reached the Engine Room. In fact, her robots seem to be reporting that they are miles and miles away, or no more than a few inches. None of them are in the right spaces anymore, yet all of them report that they remain aboard the ship. Furthermore, even the ones sitting literally on a pony report no life signs within range. The few that she manages to directly contact, however, take her warning and begin moving towards the deck.

Love's grenade explodes and binds the zombie's feet to the ground. However, it merely takes another step, snapping the tangler as if it were made of cotton candy. It entirely ignores her holo and moves out into the hallway.

As for the griffon, its claws latch onto the bent pipe and, with one, horrible crash, tear it off the wall. A foot-thick section of pipe about five feet long is now in its grip. It turns towards Love as scalding hot steam fills the room.

---

If Brazen makes the save, he will be able to move forward and run into the second zombie.

userpay
2019-06-21, 01:01 PM
A voice...? Brazen shakes his head. The voice didn't seem substantial and it certain didn't come from his immediate vicinity. Brazen clears the unheard question from his mind just in time to skid around the corner and come face to face with the second zombie. "Whoo... Yer ah big one ain't ye?" The earth pony remarks before his shotgun belches rounds at the thing.
5 Round burst, normal shotgun rounds, recoil value 4.
[roll0] vs 24
And misc damage rolls for however many hit.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-21, 02:34 PM
This day gets better and better.

There wasn't any time to ponder the Mare's fate. Bottle up the emotion and deal with it later because there are still a lot of ponies in need of help and loose ends to knot.

Longshot takes a quick look over the area and, provided nothing appears of interest, begins flying back toward the ship.

EDF Comm.: "The secretary has been taken off the board. I was not able to apprehend. Request a sitrep."

He switches off the comm.

"Alright Little Twi..." Longshot grimaces. "I've got to figure out a new nickname for you. One that doesn't seem so disrespectful. Anyway, can you tell me anything about the phenomena as it relates to the ship?"

Perception for the Sea
[roll0] VS 16

Scan the Ship
[roll1]

Perception for the Ship
[roll2] VS 16

Elbeyon
2019-06-21, 03:42 PM
Love knows that voice! She shouts, "Brazen! These things are cannons! They treat Tangler like butter! Don't get hit!"

The ScoutBot hasn't reached the room? That's - they shouldn't be that slow. The update from the robots with the wrong information is disorientating. She orders all robots being affected to stand down. Their assistance will have to be minimal or none. Something is wrong with Seaworthy? All the robots aren't out of commission. Why? Oh no!

Scomm to Longshot, "Brazen is fighting the second creature in the corridor!" Scomm, "The local area around the engine room is experiencing a bad reality distortion!"

No, the robots aren't wrong. The problem is with Love. She is thinking one dimensionally. She needs to change her mind.

She updates her message to any crew members she meets. The area around the engine room is now a 'magical' hazard. No people are to approach until further instructions. Her tone is steady, strong, and reassuring. She will update them as new information becomes available, but they need to leave the area for their own safety.

She needs to keep moving ponies away from the area.

Love watches the griffon break the pipe instead of her. Her vision gets filled with hot smoke. Oh, pony. She can barely see anything at all. She'd like to rely on the BugBots as a better gauge but they aren't designed to account for reality being all funky. They'd feed her incorrect measurements. She has to rely on her poor sight, nose, and ears.

Scomm, Love's voice is being 'fast forward' by a small percentage as she tries to send more information than by mouth, "Seaworthy is - No, the book!" The Old Iron King's tablet flashes to mind. The heartbreak on Rainbow Dash's face. "No, I shouldn't destroy the book. It's too unknown."

Love can't do much while blinded. She tries to lock-on to the griffin with her radar while accounting for her new reality. Her spare hoof moves into her Saddlebag, and she moves closer to Seaworthy. She tries to start a SCAN on the book if possible.

Radar!
[roll0] vs 16 (Sensor) +2? (Software) +/- (Other(s))

SCAN
[roll1] / 2

DigoDragon
2019-06-21, 05:40 PM
"Then why in Eyr's good name are you dressed like one of my ensigns?" the Admiral demands of Rose.

"To throw the captain off his game, sir," Rose answered.

Miltonian
2019-06-21, 06:17 PM
Brazen's shotgun goes off, but the massive undead raises a forearm and blocks several of the shots. Two of them, however, slam into its chest, penetrating through its flesh. However, that doesn't seem to have slowed it down. It stomps towards him, each step shaking the ground. It can't reach him this turn, but if he stays at this corner, it will on the next one.

----

The ship has slowed to about half-steam, allowing Longshot to catch up.

As he does, his onboard helper says, "Scanning! One moment." Then, it hums cheerfully for a second or two. "Aaaaand done." She clears her throat. "The ship is currently experiencing a dimensional anomaly related to the Thing in the Water. As the Creature Below's attention is currently on this are and we are entering an area of flux, it is unwise to refer to the One Who Swims the same way more than twice. If the Threat grows bored, the Enemy will hopefully leave the area."

Longshot sees nothing apparently wrong with the ship, other than a bunch of the crew scurrying around on top.

----

Fortunately, the sensors in Love's suit are more than up to this task. Unfortunately, that means she sees the pipe swinging down towards her head like a massive baseball bat!

The SCAN locks onto Seaworthy's book, but will need some time to complete its analysis.

----

The Admiral hesitates. "You have ID, I presume."

DigoDragon
2019-06-21, 07:54 PM
Rose drops the disguise so she can find her military ID and show the admiral. She levitates it towards him for convenience.

"Lt. Rose Croix, combat medic for the EDF."

D.KnightSpider
2019-06-21, 09:13 PM
Longshot's face drifts to Little Twilight. He stares at her for longer than I'd advisable given their current rate of speed.

"Are you... making movie references?" Eyes on the prize, flyboy. "Right. Don't attract attention. Don't touch the water. Try to instill boredom... Thank you, Little Twi."

EDF: "Copy. do not allow any of the crew to go overboard. Touching the water is worse than death and I am not being hyperbolic. I'm coming in to assist with the creatures

"Love," Longshot moderates his voice so that it's very controlled by not condescending. "if you can shut this down, then do it. Whatever good you think may result from keeping things intact isn't worth this risk. We're dealing with something much, much worse than Tartarus."

Longshot pours on the speed and races toward Brazen's last reported location. His rifle is up and ready to fire.

Time to end this.