PDA

View Full Version : Coriolis - The Third Horizon IC

Hemnon
2019-05-25, 04:11 PM
It's been a month since you all decided to group together and, prior to any attempts to purchase right for a ship of your own, Doctor Wana, onboard of the Coriolis, had contacted Akila with a rather.... interesting offer.
The offer was a fully ready, fully armed, fully capable spacecraft, ideal for just the needs Akila and her companions were looking for in terms of salvage capability, SD-armaments, etc.
The offer came with a few strings of course - the cost of the vessel was Akila and company to pay back, a 5% monthly payment of the total value of the ship, in exchange for total freedom of use, with the rare few 'requested' missions and jobs from Doctor Wana.

Now, with the offer having been accepted and the last month passing by as the ship was legally signed over to Akila and Co. with the contract of repayment signed, etc. The great Journey was ready to be undertaken!
-------------------

On Coriolis, Date is the Third Triad, Second Segment (The Segment of the Lady Of Tears, a Segement+1 Day away from the start of the new year)

You're all currently at Doctor Wana's office, it's a rather functional looking office, with more artifacts, pieces of art, and functionality over comfort and lavishness.
Behind the desk at the center of the office is Doctor Wana, an hanging ornament connected to the ceiling can be seeing hanging behind her. It is one of the highly recognizable appearances of The Lady of Tears (one of the Icons).
Behind her, to each side stands two Legionnaires, armed, armored and professionally stern-looking, weapons slung into calm, ready position.

"So... Akila, and the rest of you of course, are you ready to set out? I expect to see 93.750 Birr at the end of the Month, especially this month, since it is the Segment for the Lady Of Tears. Now, have you a mission to do already? Otherwise I would recommend hunting request-boards and check the Coriolis Network for work Contracts." Doctor Wana asked. She was dressed in a white Kameez, trimmed at the edges with a yellow-golden color. Iconography to the Lady of Tears can be seen marked upon the Kameez. Her hands are steepled in front of her, as if gauging all of you's responses. She looks over all fairly young, but with hints that might indicate surgical manipulation to look it, although it could also just be how she looks.

You're all expected to be back within a month. a few days of leeway is given of course, since anything from jump gate malfunctions, to piracy-escapes can cause delays. However if this leeway is misused... well you might end up with a black mark and assassins begin to pop up, with a very angry Doctor Wana having absolutely no ties to connect her to those assassins.

If any of you wish to roll for having prepared a summary of worthwhile contracts, then please roll me whatever skill you think is applicable. Do so in the OOC please. keep all Dice Rolls if possible to the OOC as well.
All you need to do is give me a valid reason to say: yeah okay that sounds reasonable for that skill to be used here.
Depending on your skill choice, it might affect the kinds of jobs you manage to find. anything from 'help carry this from here-to-here on Coriolis itself, to 'find the legendary Tomb of Ashara on Kua, at the far jungle area to the southern pole of the planet'.
A success means you find a job with that skills. additional successes can be used to enhance the contract either in value, or reduce it's overall difficulty. Say you find a contract to go into pirate-space for salvage... perhaps a success can be used so you can say you have a 'contact' you know who might help ensure less piracy activity where you're gonna salvage, or perhaps instead you negotiate a better payment and possible salvage rights for non-specified salvage going to the contract-giver, etc. etc.

SO yeah, roll away! (and keep it in the OOC)

seatyger
2019-05-27, 12:37 PM
Raising a finger, Fahim clears his throat.

"I just heard back from a contact within the Foundation. Most of it's covered by an NDA, but the payment is a minimum of 50.000 Birr, depending on various milestones. We need to respond within the hour if we're taking it," he offers.

MCerberus
2019-05-29, 05:58 PM
Damis

Not being the chattiest in the group, Damis resorts back to the usually pleasantries learned as a child dealing with 'family friends' and the like. Of course, it does come across scripted. "Of course, you are much to generous in this offer, to your credit."

His mind quickly wanders elsewhere though. He hadn't thought to look at the stock level of the ship if they were to be leaving so soon. For one they'd need appropriate, and if at all possible 'real' foodstuffs for the journey as well medical and... other supplies. As far as he knows, nobody on the crew knows how much of these supplies he'll be needing, but then again word can slip out easily enough.

Damis doesn't know much about Fahim's contact, but it's nearly monsoon season in the region he was staying at and months of that bleak drudgery would be enough to drive him over the edge.

Parlortricks
2019-05-31, 06:44 PM
Ramad knew his place in meetings like this. He wasn't supposed to touch anything or make a peep – and it would be even better if he couldn't be seen, but that unfortunately was quite the impossibility as he towered over many of the humans alongside him. He very much did not belong, his old flight suit patched up and his face… Well, it was what it was. The humanite did his best to cover it up with his scarf, but he did have to be able to see.

His arms crossed, Ramad put on the role of something of a bodyguard, so no one thought the rest of his group could be messed with. Their patron had her own group of hired muscle hovering beside her, so it was only fitting that they had some of that, too. He eyed Fahim as he brought up the possibility of a job – one he could not currently discuss, before turning his gaze in Akila's Salaame's direction to hear her his comments on the matter.

Hemnon
2019-07-05, 06:45 AM
MEANWHILE, IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE!

Doctor Wana was sitting behind her desk as prior described, having just asked Salaame the question of potential jobs-in-mind, rather than Akila from the other universe.

(yes I am doing this, yes we are just gonna continue from here as if there was never an Akila mentioned and we are just gonna go from here with it)

SaturnSolaris
2019-07-08, 08:18 PM
Unlike Ramad, Salaame made no attempt to hide his face. As unpleasant as it may look, those burn scars were a battle trophy, and he wasn't ashamed of them. He had chosen not to wear his armor to this meeting, instead just wearing his civilian clothes. He showered and groomed before coming to this meeting, and pressed his clothes.

"Do we really need weapons at ready positions? I signed on to work on this ship, and the contract for repayment. I wouldn't have done that if I was going to turn around and try to harm Dr. Wana here. Also, I would be stupid to try to do it in her office."

Salaame sits in his chair shoulders out, back straight, feet flat on the floor; keeping direct eye contact with Dr. Wana as they talk. "I have negotiated a contract to Erequ, on an archaeological mission. Initial payment is travel expenses to and from the destination, and maintenance fees, plus payment for any samples we bring back. We would have 18 days to get there and 18 days to get back, give or take error, or external circumstances; taking a minimum of one day on site. On that route, we could take our time to grab some other jobs, and, get additional payment. This mission sounds promising."

*Clears Throat*

"I have also found a contract, traveling to Algabaran on a humanitarian mission. However, they are only paying for travel to the system, and the pay is only 10,000 birr. Honestly, as much as I'd like to help the people there out, the payment simply isn't good enough."

Salaame turns to look at Fahim, before returning his gaze to Dr. Wana. "Then we have the contract that Fahim here has scrounged up. Payment sounds decent, although the mission sounds risky."

seatyger
2019-07-09, 01:27 PM
"It's certainly a high risk, high reward operation," Fahim confirms. "I don't mind the risk. What's the timeline on your offer? Can we keep them on the hook while we complete my salvage?"

SaturnSolaris
2019-07-09, 04:06 PM
"We might be able to keep that offer on the table, while we do this other contract. It would probably be polite to meet up with the contract giver; let them know what's going on. Are you fine with taking this contract Ramad and Damis?"

Parlortricks
2019-07-10, 04:37 AM
Ramad just gave a grunt with no words, that probably meant that he was fine with it. Or that at the very least, he didn't mind it. It often was his answer in situations like these, clearly not one to discuss jobs unless they were something he really disagreed with. He didn't choose the jobs, he went with whatever he was told to do.

SaturnSolaris
2019-07-11, 10:28 PM
"Ramad, I asked you a yes or no question. I know you're not a damn simpleton, please answer with yes, or no. Not a damn grunt."

Parlortricks
2019-07-12, 06:02 AM
Ramad's eyes grew narrow as he glared in Salaame's direction, holding his gaze in yet another form of nonverbal communication. Was this really that important?
"Yes," was all he gave, not too far from just the grunt he had given their captain a moment ago, his arms still crossed as he returned his gaze forward to look at both their patron and her guards.

SaturnSolaris
2019-07-12, 12:55 PM
Salaame met Ramad's glare, right back, matching the intensity. "Thank you, for answering my question Ramad. I might, yet, get some manners out of you."

Then he turned to look at Damis, who hadn't answered yet. "Damis?"

MCerberus
2019-07-13, 10:09 PM
Damis

"A bird in the hand," Damis begins thinking about meeting with the local contract. The humanitarian mission pulls on his heartstrings, but his brain dismisses it after a while. Maybe later. Now is getting away from awful suffering.

"It would be impolite to not meet with the contact at the very least. However I am interested in what philanthropy we can afford." Damis turns back towards their host. "As my father would say, there is profit for the charitable." A charming line but the delivery is lessened by a slightly awkward delivery.

SaturnSolaris
2019-07-14, 06:43 AM
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions. We aren't philanthropists, we're budding entrepreneurs. And, only barely. When we become successful enough to be budding philanthropists. I'll donate money to the Samaritans, or something. I'd suggest paying this ship off first."

"At any rate, I'm going to assume that's a Yes? I'll tell you the same thing I told Ramad, that was a yes or no question. Please answer with yes, or no."

Salaame turns his attention to Dr. Wana.

"So there you have it, Ma'am. We have a contract lined up that should cover this months debt payment, and hopefully another on it's heels. Which brings me to another matter I would like to discuss."

Salaame clears his throat with some water before continuing.

"I would like the renegotiate a specific part of the contract."

SaturnSolaris
2019-07-14, 05:15 PM
"I would like to negotiate for the amount of leave we have, between payments. Having to come pack every month is a little . . . inefficient. With greater leave, we could take multiple contracts; as well, as have more time to scrounge up additional jobs on our routes. Netting greater pay. My simplest suggestion would be two months of leave, with bi-monthly payments. Paying for two months at a time, or a 10% payment every two months, to put it in simpler terms.

Salaame is being polite about it, he doesn't just want to back down on this. But, he will if he has to.

MCerberus
2019-07-14, 08:52 PM
Damis

That was a bit mercenary, but not something Damis isn't used to. "Clearly, yes. I was just talking about future endeavors."
He has a different idea of their situation than Salaame. With the, let's say loose oversight and independence he believes what they're signing up for allows them the schedule they desire as long as payments come through.

seatyger
2019-07-15, 10:32 AM
Fahim clears his throat. If these two keep at it, this was going to be a long contract.

"The person we need to convince is sitting before us, not standing behind us, brother Salaame," he counsels. "Dr. Wana, how firm is your need for payments on the month? Will there be consideration given for jobs that don't conform to the turning of the segments? I disagree with my friend here that bi-monthly payments should be the norm, but we will have to maintain a high operational tempo to honor our contract with you.

"Perhaps an alternative. Would irregular payments be allowed, as jobs are completed and we are able to return?" he asks, before anyone can respond. "It would allow us to keep up with our debt obligations without having to return at a specific time."

Hemnon
2019-07-15, 03:19 PM
Dr. Wana

"How you wish to earn money to repay the loan for your ship is wholey up to you Sal- *Ahem*, Captain." Doctor Wana said, fingers steepled infront of her mouth and nose, elbows on her fine Kuan-wood table, looking fairly close to something like aged Oak, just with a slightly more vibrant sheen to it.

"The Agreement was for 5% repayment per Segment and a full re-calculation once a whole year has past for the following year's 5% debt payment. And, well, I have honestly no interest in giving more leeway, HOWEVER... Let's say you'll pay x1.5 or x2 in TWO Segments, so shall we say you can either pay all of it after the Two Segments, or you can pay 1.5 the amount two months in a row.... That'd seem fairly within-margin and would allow for a sort of trial-attempt." The good Doctor said and didn't seem to be willing to discuss any sort of better payment Leeway, but did not seem dismissive or unwilling for further talk, just not about the payment setup.

SaturnSolaris
2019-07-15, 05:56 PM
"That sounds just fine, Ma'am. I got the discussion started, we can continue at a later date. Once you size up if we do our jobs and are punctual on pay."

Salaame looks at the rest of the group.

"Well, are we ready to get started then?"

Hemnon
2019-07-16, 03:42 PM
Doctor Wana

The good Doctor waived a hand lightly an d turned in her chair to open a desk drawer. "Off you go then. Remember, be back to pay at the end of the Segment after the new-years. 74 days, plus the new years day~" She mentioned and took out a pile of papers, clearly no longer interested in talking since there were nothing left to say.
Tik Tok, Tik Tok, Tempus Fugit - Clock's Ticking.

Parlortricks
2019-07-17, 05:08 AM
Ramad looked as gruff as ever, even giving a little huff from his nostrils as Salaame hounded the other members of the team as well. Military folk. It was pretty obvious what Salaame was, even if one knew nothing about the man, having to do everything by the books just for the sake of doing everything by the books. That was why someone like Ramad could never fit in a world like that.

And thus, when asked if he was ready to get started, all the humanite answered with was yet another grunt that seemed to be identical to his earlier yes grunt. He was ready to follow their… Leader, out.

seatyger
2019-07-17, 10:22 AM
Fahim stands in time with Dr. Wana drawing out her papers, his own mind already moving on to fuel intermix ratios, power distribution matrices, and the many sundry tasks and checks he needs to perform to prepare for their launch. He spares only a glance for Ramad when the other man grunts, understanding the..."dissatisfaction" behind it; Fahim has little use for military bearing, or the barking of orders. It's...grating.

He stops at the door and turns to face his brother in faith; it's a softer, fatherly expression, trying to convey a desire to have the captain soften his tone. The moment after he catches Salaame's gaze, he turns and exits the room ahead of his crewmates, his mind returning to calculations and launch protocols.

SaturnSolaris
2019-07-17, 04:26 PM
"Yeah, I'm such a horrible person for wanting a straight answer. I'll meet you guys to pick up the contract in 30 minutes."

Salaame stands up with Dr.Wana, and waits long enough to see if she's grabbing papers for us. If that isn't the case he just walks out.

Salaame finds the nicest vantage point he can and just sits down and watches the people bustle around Coriolis, for a moment. Before, setting on grabbing the contacts.

MCerberus
2019-07-17, 11:26 PM
Damis

Having little desire for either in-depth financial discussions or prodding a stressful argument, Damis gets up and excuses himself from the room. Salaame seems to be wanting to make bargains not realizing there's a cost. There's always a cost to any benefits. By the icons, that's something he keeps seeing. That's the kind of thought that brings the edge on though, maybe it's time to get some of the edge off.

Damis doesn't add to the conversation, not out of malice or trying to dogpile on the captain but he's unaware not clearing the air could have that effect.
Instead he tries to remember any place he saw that he could quickly indulge his habit.

Parlortricks
2019-07-18, 05:44 AM
Ramad was following Salaame out, but it seemed like he wanted some time alone. Now that Ramad could understand. He gave yet another grunt as a response.
"I'll check the ship," he even graced the situation with more than a single word when it wasn't being forced out of him, finding a way to use his 30 minutes for something useful.

seatyger
2019-07-19, 02:04 PM
As Ramad passes him, Fahim stops suddenly and spins around to face Salaame.

"Do we go see your contact first, to try to put the job on hold? Or do we go see my contact to accept the job? We're on a very tight schedule with mine," he says.

SaturnSolaris
2019-07-20, 04:35 PM
Salaame was already walking out of the door, but he caught Fahim's question. "Your contract, then my contract. Then we need to double check the stock of the ship, get foodstuffs, etc."

After people watching for a while, Salaame moves to pick up the contract for salvaging the ship.

Hemnon
2019-07-25, 06:53 AM
Meeting with Yusef Kander

Yusef Kander, member of the Consortium, was standing tall and strong in his office at the Archeological wing of the Consortium-owned area of the Coriolis Space Station. He was standing ramrod straight, peering out an Armanite-glassed window and down onto Kua below.
The ticking of an antique clock was counting the seconds until the hour-mark given to Fahim.
The outside of the office was already lined with hopeful salvage crews, none of the recognizable to any of you, but all seemed to peer with sour disdain at the lot of you as you just sauntered past them all... actually arriving in time to pick up the quite lucrative contract.

The inside of the office, one the doors had been opened was a marvel of archeological knick knacks, odd-shaped rock-esque looking things, as well as what seemed to a perfect sperical orb of sorts that just constantly floated above a stack of papers on Yusef's desk. The lighting was much more subdued giving a sense of slight unease, as well as curiosity to those that entered. Like the faux, lite version of entering ancient ruins filled with who-knows-what.

"So, Fahim... you're in time, good 10 minutes in fact." Yusef said without turning around, the reflection-free armanite glass hid any possibility of seeing Yusef's facial expression as he spoke. His hands were still clasped behind his back, possibly indicating some sort of prior military lifestyle, perhaps a former Legionnaire? or maybe he had just been a Merc-for-Hire with a rigorous level of military stability to his lifestyle.

SaturnSolaris
2019-07-25, 03:51 PM
Salaame smiles as he walks past the people waiting, sadly, they won't be picking up on this contract. And, they probably wasted a matter of time waiting here as well. It sucks to be them.

"We try to be somewhat punctual, to the apparent disdain of the people waiting out there. We've been told some of the details of this contract by Fahim, but, if you don't mind I'd like to go back over the details."

MCerberus
2019-07-26, 09:44 PM
Damis

Not being used to station-life Damis takes in all the weird differences even a hallway could have while keeping up with the time. When the time comes for the meeting, he simply follows along behind the talkers, not having anything to add to the conversation without details.

seatyger
2019-07-31, 11:37 PM
"And, by some, he means only the basic fee," Fahim confirms. "If you could indulge my shipmates."

SaturnSolaris
2019-08-01, 12:41 AM
Salaame smiles, "Don't sell yourself short Fahim. You also told us where to go, to meet Mr. Yusef here.

Hemnon
2019-08-02, 02:04 AM
Yusef Kander

Yusef took a deep breath before turning around to face the lot of you. His face was scarred and one of his eyes were missing (most likely), a eyepatch covering over the right eye socket.
"Yes. Fahim, I know you did not break the NDA you signed. I got eyes and ears everywhere here on Coriolis after all." Yusef said with his single-eyed gaze focused straight on Fahim for a few seconds, then Yusef closed it and took a deep breath before turning his focus to the others as well. "You must be Salaame, yes? Now, the Job that I have in mind for all of you is to go salvage the bridge of the wreck of a massive Dreadnought-Class Warship, that would be a Class V Battlecruiser in our own classification format. It's a relic of the Portal Wars, a leftover flotsam created within the First Horizon. At least that's what our first estimate-examinations could give us." Yusef said and coughed a little to clear his throat.
"The warship's been spotted orbiting the Empty Portal in the Menkar System. We currently know that the Warship apparently just appeared there only a week or so ago, and that it's engine core is gone, signs clearly indicating it exploded. Historic references could indicate that this Warship is also of Earth Descend and it's engine core exploded just as it passed through the portal transferring it from the First Horizon, to our Third Horizon."
With a deep breath, Yusef's manners turned more business-like as he continued. "Returning with the salvaged Bridge of this Warship will net you all a collective total of 50.000 Birr, Return with a recording of the salvage itself will give a bonus, depending on the quality and overall value of the recordings. Any salvages weaponry found is mandatory to be handed over to us. you will of course be paid an additional bonus for it. Any non-weaponry salvaged from the wreckage are yours to keep or sell as you see fit. I shall send you all along with a signed papers of Salvage-rights, so should anyone else arrive, you have legitimate rights to be there, with Consortium Support and Backing. Now, will you take the job? You will have to return within a Segment's Time, otherwise our contract will be voided. That is why we have paid for the direct-line of travel to Menkar so you have no need for waiting around during portal jumps. To and from Menkar only, no deviation from the jump path is allowed or paid by us. Agreed?" Yusef said, his eye wandering to and from each of you, gauging your responses.

seatyger
2019-08-02, 07:09 PM
Fahim turns to his shipmates. "I think this is a good opportunity; what say you?"

SaturnSolaris
2019-08-02, 08:19 PM
"Yes, I am Salaame."

Salaame pauses for a moment, then shrugs; "So, you want the four of us to go to a remote sector of space. With salvaging rights, and you really think that if someone's already there, or arrives while we're searching the ship and salvaging. That they will just turn tail and leave us alone. Is that correct?"

"I don't have a problem with the mission, we'll take it. I'm not so sure we'll get out of this, without, having to turn people away with force. Although, I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that. Since it's a remote segment of space, my worry is how fast Consortium support would get there."

Salaame does have a worried look on his face, how long would it take for "support" to arrive. Could the other three handle such a situation? Could he coordinate them through such a situation without losses? When he was working for The Order, he had more than three people under his command, better weaponry, better armor, and better training.

"So, salvage the bridge, weaponry; and, record the salvage. Now, are we talking ship weapons systems . . . personal armor, and weapons . . .both? Are there any other things you'd like us to grab? Hypothetically, recordings of what happened on the ship? That sort of thing. Oh, and what's the name of the ship?"

MCerberus
2019-08-03, 05:14 PM
Damis

The potential of this could be interesting. While the talk about running into others is a concern, their employer really only wants what appears to be military supplies. They could gift their benefactor some artifacts, even small ones. From experience, a lot of people just want to get their hands on anything old enough to be said in the same breath as "earth". Or, of course, if everyone forgets they were asking favors just sell the things.

Plus there doesn't seem to be anything immediate causing potential harm if they get there alone. Just the usual problems with heavy equipment. Something does seem just a bit off though.
"Do you expect salvaging the bridge to be uniquely complicated? Having a recording of salvage doesn't seem like a usual request as long as the job is done."

Hemnon
2019-08-04, 06:16 AM
Yusef Kander

"I expect no complications from this. You're the only ones that have been introduced to this job so far and chronological measurements show that the Warship had only arrived a day prior to the surveyor-team we had stationed out there. No one else should as if yet, be aware of what we have located there." Yusef replied to Salaame's thoughts on 'what if we are not the first there'.
To affirm the above, Yusef continued with "As long as they aren't Pirates, SHOULD anyone arrive and you show My mark and signature, they'll more likely than not just skirt at the edge of the Empty Portal's area and wait until you leave."

"Yes, salvage the bridge, record the procedure, return and hand over any additional-salvage considered weaponry. This means both ship components as well as personnel-type weaponry like guns and such. Any found and intact body armor and whatnot is NOT required to be handed over, but at least a uniform or two would be appreciated as part of the future-exhibit. Should you find any artefacts or unknown devices, please bring them here and we'll help investigate their purpose. Full recompense-deed given should anything happen to any of them during the investigative measures taken. And yes, should you find any recordings, be they ship's logs, security-recordings, etc. please bring such back as well."

Yusef was about to turnwards Damis to answer his question when Salaame's question with regards to the Warship's name. "That is a very good question. from what our databases could tell us, it would appear to be the specific warship named 'Red Octo Bear'.... But it doesn't sound quite right, so I'm fairly certain that's faulty data. We do know it's from the First Horizon however, so for now, I'd recommend we call it as such until an official name for it can be found. If you find any information about it's name and greater purpose, bring that back as well."
Then Yusef turned to Damis. "From what I understood, your ship is a Class III Salvage Vessel, yes? should be no trouble using that salvage rig to cut free the bridge from the wreck itself."

And with that Yusef went quiet again, attentive and waiting for either further questions or a 'well that was it, we will head off now for the job' sort of response.

SaturnSolaris
2019-08-04, 02:54 PM
"My worry is pirates, or desperate people, which isn't mutually exclusive. But, while I admit it may be wasted. I think it's good to start planning for such a circumstance."

Salaame looks at Damis and Fahim.

"That's an odd name. Do we have any other questions?"

seatyger
2019-08-04, 06:07 PM
"None from me. I'm eager to explore such an historical ship," Fahim says. "The salvage itself shouldn't be difficult, as I expect whatever power sources it has are long since exhausted. And ships this large were generally built in sections and assembled later; we can use that to our advantage."

MCerberus
2019-08-05, 05:33 PM
"Well there's a lot we don't know about Earth, but that does sound like a creature to name a warship after."

There's a lot of half-answer about the response Damis received from their contact, but historical documentation seems well enough. Especially with assurances that space would be quiet it seems a no-brainer for a first mission, including short travel time.

"I'm satisfied this will be mutually-beneficial," he responds to the 'any more questions' question.

SaturnSolaris
2019-08-05, 08:03 PM
Salaame reaches out to shake Yusef's hand, "Right, then I believe we are done here."

"Alright, time to get stocked up and get ready to head out.

seatyger
2019-08-07, 05:10 PM
"I'll start on preflight checks," Fahim offers. He starts for the ship, stops, and turns around. "Hey, if you're getting provisions, grab some of those chocolate crunch bars for me; thanks."

He then heads for the ship.

SaturnSolaris
2019-08-07, 05:45 PM
"Right. Check on Ramad, while you're there. I'm fairly certain he went to the ship. Check our ammo and **** too, and reach me on the comm if we need anything else."

Salaam reaches out to shake Yusef's hand, then turns around to head out.

"We'll be seeing you."

"Looks like it's just us two, Damis. We need to make a stop, and then we'll get provisions, and anything else we might need.

MCerberus
2019-08-08, 05:48 PM
"Right, since the trip is going to be short we should be able to have decent food the whole way there and back. I may need to stop elsewhere for a couple of other things," Damis replies deliberately not.

"Before I forget, does everyone know their blood type?"

Hemnon
2019-08-26, 03:44 AM
Yusef Kander

Yusef shook the offered hand from Salaame and pushed a signed contract over over the table to the group, sealing the deal of the Job.
"As long as you stay on schedule and don't deviate, you shouldn't have problems with pirates." Yusef said with a knowing half-smirk. it was clear he had some contacts that could help report on pirate migration patterns and where to avoid and when to do so.

to Damis' words, Yusef just nodded in affirmation once.

Along with the contract, there was a basic singleformat Tabula with further details about the old Dreadnought, and with that, Yusef no longer showed any direct interest in the group, allowing them to leave as they wished.

---------------------------

Alright, finally able to update the IC! In terms of food, provisioning, etc. etc. You really only need to pay for your month's living expenses.
Coriolis is an Advanced Enviroment, but travelling via ship most of that month it'd be downgraded to an Ordinary Enviroment. It's 500 Birr to live spartanly, that means no additional goodies, new clothes, snacks, etc. etc. It's 1.000 birr if you want a more standard style of living, or you can pay 2.500 for a month of luxurious living.

You never negotiated food and livining expenses, so that's something you'd need to handle on your own after all. However, I will allow a small retcon chance if any of you feel up to trying to get Yusef to also deal with the living expenses for that month.

You can all also try and find a sponsor willing to pay out in exchange for, well, think commercialization purposes, like owning rights to the story of the mission post-completion. Or a totally 3rd way could be done that I haven't thought of. But right now, it's up to allow if you how you'd like to deal with living expenses.

Please keep any and all replies about this to the OOC.

SaturnSolaris
2019-09-15, 06:36 AM
Salaame shakes Yusef's hand, firmly. Signs the contract, and gives everyone a chance to sign. Ramad is off on the ship however, or somewhere else, he must have gotten really upset about words spoken earlier. Or, maybe he ran out on his social battery. I still stand by what I said, even if I could have sugar coated the words a bit better. But, he's a grown man, he should be able to handle it, it's not like he lived a pampered existence.

Salaame walked out of the room, last. Trying to decide what all needed to be done before leaving; and, pondering how they were going to pay for all of this food, and medicine, and ****.

[To Damis] ++My Blood Type is B-, I'm assuming you're going to pick up some blood bags. That, you're not just sizing us all up for some organ legging.++

[To Fahim, And Ramad] ++Run flight checks, check supplies, etc. You should know the drill, let's be ready to leave when we get back. Contact us if you decide you need something that hasn't been mentioned, or you notice something.++

"We need to contact Miss Marhoun, and, I believe I have another way to pay for supplies."

Let me know if I'm wrong on Ramad, and I'll edit. Last thing I remember, they mentioned going to the ship in their post. Then we didn't hear anything after that, so I'm assuming that they are, in fact, still there.

MCerberus
2019-09-17, 05:43 PM
Damis

I don't know who you normally talk to but this is more of an in-case. Besides, no proper refrigeration, so knowing blood types is more of a... donor match. Don't worry, I'm used to working in such situations."

Damis was about to head towards the shops before the last line is said.

"I didn't hear anything about an advance, I think we're on our own for the first go."

SaturnSolaris
2019-09-21, 10:49 AM
Salaame looks at Damis, inquisitively,before continuing. We could probably smuggle some medical supplies from the wreck, hell, maybe even a body. Some other medical curiosities, we won't get as much, but it'll be enough. Old ship like that, should have something. Sell it off to the Samaritans, bam, we make up for money lost on supplies.

Salaame makes a mental note, of what Damis is saying.
"We don't have proper refrigeration on the ship? We'll have to fix that: Is there anything else you're aware of? I'll start making a list. Sometimes it's hard to find proper donor materials, when you're caught unprepared. Unless, someone on the crew happens to be a universal donor. I know this much."

[pause]

"No, there's no advance. I think I just came up with a way, to wrench some more cash out of this mission. We might be able to negotiate for some funds upfront; or, at the very least we'll break even. Maybe, even gain some funds."

Hemnon
2019-10-13, 07:54 AM
On Coriolis Space Station

While everyone are doing their thing, a PA-notice rings out, even for those on the ship, they'd get a broadcast-comm pinging in.
"*bing-ding-duuuuuum* This is a Public Service Announcement, the upper foodcourts are now having a sale on group reservations for this afternoon and evening. 30% off for today. *bing-ding-buuuuuum*" and then the announcement ended.

(Just a post to keep things active until the living-expenses deal can be finished)

SaturnSolaris
2019-10-24, 07:40 PM
Salaame

Salaame listens to the announcement, coming in through the PA. He perks up a bit: I bet everyone would enjoy getting some food in their stomachs, and that isn't a bad deal. It would also be nice to get away from the stuck up meetings we've been having all day. "You know, that's not a bad deal Damis. I'm going to contact an old friend, I might be able to work out a deal to pay for our living expenses." Salaame drifts off into thought for a moment. "Do we have a list of all of the **** that we need. So, we don't forget anything."

[To Sigliah]++"Hey, how busy are you? I think I might have an offer you'd be interested in."++

Hemnon
2019-10-26, 08:14 PM
Salaame

Salaame listens to the announcement, coming in through the PA. He perks up a bit: I bet everyone would enjoy getting some food in their stomachs, and that isn't a bad deal. It would also be nice to get away from the stuck up meetings we've been having all day. "You know, that's not a bad deal Damis. I'm going to contact an old friend, I might be able to work out a deal to pay for our living expenses." Salaame drifts off into thought for a moment. "Do we have a list of all of the **** that we need. So, we don't forget anything."

[To Sigliah]++"Hey, how busy are you? I think I might have an offer you'd be interested in."

Sigliah

"++Why hi there Salaame! Well not too busy... and depending on that offer, I maybe have more than enough time for you today~ When can you be here?" Sigliah replied over the comms to Salaame, light on humor and other such trivialities due to the mention of a possible offer on the line.

SaturnSolaris
2019-10-28, 10:55 PM
Salaame

++"It might take a moment, but I'll head there next. But, where is there? You're office? The lab? Class?"++

Salaame gives a hearty chuckle to that last one, and motions for Damis to follow. Those are all in the same general area of the station, so the specifics don't matter till they get there.

Hemnon
2019-10-29, 01:19 PM
Salaame

++"It might take a moment, but I'll head there next. But, where is there? You're office? The lab? Class?"++

Salaame gives a hearty chuckle to that last one, and motions for Damis to follow. Those are all in the same general area of the station, so the specifics don't matter till they get there.

Sigliah

++"Main Lab, as always. I've been experimenting w-... nevermind anyways, I'm at the Lab, just tell the desk Clerk to buzz you in. He can call me if he needs my verbal authorization."++ Sigliah replied, while in the background there were a sudden dull-sounding 'boom'. as if some sort of chemical mix had just cracked a testvial and semi-violently gone 'poof' from the interaction.

SaturnSolaris
2019-10-29, 10:49 PM
Transitional Post

Damis and Salaame, moved through the crowds as they ebbed and flowed in the station. The trip from the Archaeological to the University district was mostly by cable car with a bit of walking that kept the blood pumping comfortably in their systems. The technology and architecture was a clear testament to the engineers, builders and culture that surrounded them. The sponsors and factions whom had made the maze of universities possible had little stake in the University of Icons, a decaying corpse with a still beating heart. Originally a project by the church of the same name, it had a limited scope that would have untimely failed had some of the other Firstcome factions not pitched in and sponsored them. Now, however the heart which kept them relevant was the Samaritans, with their biological science and medical programs. Renowned for the skill of their students, the Samaritans now all but owned the entire university. It was here that the protagonists found themselves, traveling to the lab of Salaame's contact, and long time acquaintance.

Hemnon
2019-11-04, 06:58 PM
Sigliah's Lab

As Salaame and Damis moved towards the lab at the university, access to it had of course been gained without any issue with the front door guard just buzzing them in at the mention of Sigliah's name.
She was currenly busy inside the slightly-messy looking lab, eyeing through a microscope with some sort of sample-of-sorts underneath the lense.

SaturnSolaris
2019-11-05, 10:22 PM
Salaame

Salaame takes a, somewhat, irked visage as he walks through the threshold. She had all this time to prepare for us, and yet she's still deep in work? That sounds about right. "What is it, you're working on there?!" Salaame says, with a certain abruptness to startle her out of her work. As, he walks further into the room, then begins to look for a chair, stool, or something to sit on. "I'm sure it's very interesting."

Hemnon
2019-11-07, 11:24 AM
Sigliah

Sigliah looked up from the microscope at Salaame and smiled. "Hi Salaame.... Sorry about all this... I got caught up in work right after the comms-chat. It's just some bioscience samples to be prepared for some of the university students for next week. Anyways, you mentioned you had some sort of deal or offer in mind, yes?" She said, fixing the glasses on her nose a little while talking.

SaturnSolaris
2019-11-10, 06:19 PM
Salaame

"Yes, right to the matter at hand. I can't release too many details, as, I'm under a non-disclosure agreement at the moment." Salaame stops for a moment to gauge her reaction, as this obviously limits the details he will be able to give. Just as well, details can make or break interest on an offer like this, and makes this a bit of a gamble. "But, we're doing a salvaging operation, on the edge of civilized space. I have a strong feeling we may, likely, come along some bodies in stasis, old bodies, but, hopefully in good condition. That we can snag and offer to you, as they have nothing to do with the job. I figured you may be interested." Man, that would be a lot more interesting if I could describe more about the ship. When It's From! Where It's Been!

Hemnon
2019-11-11, 11:21 PM
Sigliah

In response, Sigliah just raised an eyebrow. "Hmm... An NDA you say... seriously? well, depending on who you made it with, you can break it without issue... or you'll get a tech'd out assassin on your old soldier butt. Hmm, Old bodies you say. How old? We talking old crash spaceship here with colonists on it, or even older than such?" She asked Salaame with a quirked eyebrow and a finger rubbing againt her lower lip in thought.
"And what specifically do you wish for me to do beyond graciously accepting cryopods with old, most likely dead but sterile-kept bodies? Research Team along, no... if so you'd just ask if I got anyone that wanted to go on a trip, does it perhaps have something to do with your new birr-loaned ship and, as you mentioned, the further edges of the Horizon?" She continued with thoughtful care.

SaturnSolaris
2019-11-12, 01:05 AM
Salaame

Salaame scowls at the mention of breaking the NDA. "I would rather keep it professional, and, not provide too much information. Or keep it very vague, at the very least, until we finish the job. At which point, I'd be happy to provide you with any information important to your job. Hell, if it was just my own welfare at stake. I might be more willing to break it, but I have a crew to think of."

"This may be older than you're thinking, by a bit. But . . . outside of, possibly, some interesting genetic finds. These bodies have been through some odd phenomena. The kind of phenomena, that to my knowledge; we've gotten little, if any empirical data from. Whether that be from survivors, bodies, or objects."

"We have someone on board that should have, the know how, to maintain any specimens we may run into." Salaame glances at Damis as he says this, before continuing. "What I'm asking for, in return is a month of living expenses, 1000 Birr per person. Which, while I know this is a bit of a gamble on your part, I feel is apropos."

Hemnon
2019-11-14, 10:25 PM
Salaame

Salaame scowls at the mention of breaking the NDA. "I would rather keep it professional, and, not provide too much information. Or keep it very vague, at the very least, until we finish the job. At which point, I'd be happy to provide you with any information important to your job. Hell, if it was just my own welfare at stake. I might be more willing to break it, but I have a crew to think of."

"This may be older than you're thinking, by a bit. But . . . outside of, possibly, some interesting genetic finds. These bodies have been through some odd phenomena. The kind of phenomena, that to my knowledge; we've gotten little, if any empirical data from. Whether that be from survivors, bodies, or objects."

"We have someone on board that should have, the know how, to maintain any specimens we may run into." Salaame glances at Damis as he says this, before continuing. "What I'm asking for, in return is a month of living expenses, 1000 Birr per person. Which, while I know this is a bit of a gamble on your part, I feel is apropos."

Sigliah

"Hmmm.... older than I'm thinking... so either this... or maybe...? hmm, well..." Sigliah muttered to herself as she mulled over all that information.
"In any case, Salaame, from what I understand then, you wish for a sponsor and in return I'll get... a body? What if, shall we say, that the end salvage doesn't bring any viable corpses for study? What else can you at least promise me and the people above me, should the gambit not pay out for us? I'd expect if we handed out the living expenses, to at least take a 20% Return on the sponsoring money, would that be agreeable? Just in case you cannot manage to return with what was promised?" She asked, clearly going out on a limb to even offer this backup offering.

SaturnSolaris
2019-11-14, 10:49 PM
Salaame

"I've brought an additional offer . . . that was more a talking point, or curiosity. I know you'll need something more tangible. We are also likely to run into a fair amount of medical salvage. Which, isn't earmarked for anyone . . . yet . . . you can sell it if nothing else. On the off chance that we find neither: We will be responsible for repaying or otherwise making up for the lost investments, as usual, for this kind of deal." Salaame drifts off into thought for a moment, and says offhandedly. "Who knows? We might find an even greater curiosity than bodies. Where we're going." Then snaps back into the conversation at hand, "If our deal comes out fruitful enough. I would also hope for this to lead to credence, for a further working relationship with out crew."

Hemnon
2019-11-15, 04:51 PM
Sigliah

Sigliah tapped at her lips for a moment and then straightened up. "I can do this if the agreement is signed, and that a clause is added that if you do not return with a viable item of value as promised, then the sponsored money will need to be repaid at a +20% Interest for breaking the prior promise within it." She said and had already fished out a contract-functional piece of paper, already edited as per their talk with the different clauses, promises of sponsoring, etc.
"We both sign this, you keep the original and I keep a copy of it, agreed?" Sigliah added in, looking very much like she was dying to ask for deeper info with regards to what exactly it is that Salaame and his crew were off to salvage. She hadn't heard of any recent grandbattles in space, and there's always old ruins to be explored, albeit very lethal in some case.... so currently she really didn't know exactly what it was that Salaame was off to salvage.

SaturnSolaris
2019-11-16, 02:44 AM
Salaame

Salaame smirks as he utters; "You really need me to sign a contract? I'm hurt. You don't think I'm trustworthy, after allll this time?" He waves for her to place the papers in front of him. "Of course I'll sign it . . . as usual for this kind of deal. I think the additional 20%, is a little much, but it's not outside of reason." He gathers the contract, and begins scanning it. "Just let me skim it, and make sure we aren't being ****ed by fine print. I.E., you're taking claim to more than what has been agreed too, etc." Assuming everything checks out, Salaame signs the contract.

"You know, there's a pretty good deal in the food courts, right now. We could catch up for a bit, later. Before the Silent Harken, takes off."

Hemnon
2019-11-17, 01:47 AM
Sigliah

Sigliah just rolled her eyes as Salaame's sarcasm and just let him read through the contract at his pace. It was a pretty standard thing without massive amounts of blabbertext hiding hidden pitfalls and such.
"Oh, yeah, the 50% off deal. It's a bit odd they are doing that, since I've never heard of a 50% off on the price, full foodcourt-wise. Maybe it's a new initiative to regulate and deal with the level of trashed food on Coriolis... But yeah, sure I'd happily go take a look. You're paying tho~" Sigliah replied with gave Salaame a cheeky wink behind those fine-sculpted pair of glasses she wore on a regular basis.

SaturnSolaris
2019-11-17, 08:51 PM
Salaame rolls his eyes, in turn, at Sigliah."I'm paying? You're the fancy, tenured professor; I'm up to my eyeballs in debt . . . Fine. Fine. But, I'm stealing a bite of your food if it's interesting. I can meet you again, here; or I can meet you, there, later. Either way, I need to get supplies; I guess I'll send the invoice to you. Then, you can hand it off to your superiors." Salaame stands up to leave, current business finished. He needed to handle other manners, and waved for Damis to follow him.

Hemnon
2019-11-19, 09:12 PM
Sigliah

Sigliah waved Salaame and Damis out and returned to her work, awaiting Salaame's contact, already knowing what restaurant to go for... big buffet-style place she usually just goes to when there's something to celebrate.

---------------------------------

Well that's the agreement for the living expenses dealt with for the month!
Do you all wanna wait until the new guy pops around, or shall we continue and just do a swap so the new character has always been the intended part of the group, or go more with an in-game reasoning for the swapout?
Please reply in the OOC for this.
Also should I make a new, fresh ooc for the, hopefully, full continual group?