PDA

View Full Version : Magitek Martial Class?

Cikomyr
2019-05-25, 08:49 PM
So in my current setting, Magitek is a big thing. The was a big empire that has fallen hundreds of years ago that relied heavily on magitek that had fantastic but also troubling applications (ex: using ghoulified prisoners as scarecrows for crops).

There's an encounter/side plot I want my players to go through which will be very relevant to one of my PC. He's basically a half-orc raised by druids; beleving that the orcs abandoned him.

The truth is quite different; the orcs of his former tribes had, somehow, used powerful magitek relics to enhance their power, and they were threatening to conquer the entire region. The local druid circle basically kidnapped the chieftain's son (the PC) to hold him hostage to limit their expansion ambitions.

Eventually, it will be learned that the Druid Circle's traditions was actually an orcish tradition all along. The "Archdruid who spends his time wild shaped communing with nature" is actual an Orc, and that the Techno-Magik dig-up is slowly corrupting the souls and spirituality of the orcs (that's an overall big theme of the campaign, the ultimate bad guy will be a Magitek AI).

Now, I know there's already a Magitek Warlock class ("Ghost in the Machine"), which is pretty dope. Are there any other class flavors that could be used to show the source of an NPC power comes from Techno-Magical sources? Any Techno-Barbarian? Hacker Rogue? Anything I could use as the template for the Orc's source of greater power?

Naanomi
2019-05-25, 09:08 PM
The newest artificer UA has some melee options

Prince Vine
2019-05-25, 09:15 PM
Just reflavor stuff. Rage is a rechargable exoskeleton or nanos. Maneuvers are minor magical items like wands. Thieve's tools are more sonic screwdriveresque, etc.