PDA

View Full Version : Crafting custom construct?

Braininthejar2
2019-05-26, 04:09 AM
I've only found pricing guidelines for pathfinder, and they were based off CR.

Is there anything like this for 3.5 ?

I'm trying to craft a swarm of fine constructs, with no combat ability. It needs to be able to fly, but its only task is to fill a bunch of squares (something that could be done with glass beads on strings, but that would be a real bother for the room service)

It needs enough dexterity to not get in the way of moving creatures, beyond that, stats are irrelevant.

Silva Stormrage
2019-05-26, 03:27 PM
Animate Object + Permanency would work if you have way of getting around permanency's XP cost.

Effigies (Complete Arcane) are also fairly cheap for diminutive or tiny creatures with less than 1 HD.

Tiny Body Cost: 250gp (Can be reduced to 1/3rd if you craft it yourself with fabricate or similar)
Total Cost = Body Cost + 1000GP and 80XP/HD

So a bat would cost 250gp for the body and + 250 GP + 20 XP for the HD (It has 1/4 HD). It would retain it's fly speed as well.

Edit: Also not sure if you can craft an effigy of a swarm but if you can that would work as well.

RoboEmperor
2019-05-27, 07:11 PM
Edit: Also not sure if you can craft an effigy of a swarm but if you can that would work as well.

I think you can. You can make effigies of vermin and nothing restricts you from creating vermin with the swarm subtype.

CIDE
2019-05-28, 11:46 PM
Elder Eidolon is almost universally better than Effigy if all you're after is outright performance or power. Effigy's are just cheaper (I think? AFB) and are better at disguising themselves.