PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Eldritch Heritage and the Arcane Bloodline on Oracle

Serarya
2019-05-27, 02:47 AM
Hello everyone,

I was thinking about playing an oracle and getting him more versatile by asking the Eldritch Heritage Feat-Line. But I am confused with the RAW, so I would like to ask some questions about that.

I am referring to: http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/tyler-s-pathfinder-guides/magic-in-the-blood-a-guide-to-eldritch-heritage-and-sorcerer-bloodlines#TOC-Arcane
I don't know if everything written in this guide is correct regarding RAW, Eldritch Heritage – even if you use up to 3 feats for it – seems to be extremely powerful. There are many people who make different statements on this, and I want to be sure.

1) Taking Eldritch Heritage should grant you the Arcane Bond ability. Although a familiar is mighty, I was thinking about getting a bond Item - but I am not sure if I can use this Item as a Sorcerer would do - since I am a divine spellcaster I do not know if it was intended to use it that way.

2) Taking Improved Eldritch Heritage (New Arcana) should add 3 arcane Spells to your Spell-List - but nowhere is outlined that you are able to cast them. Usually you are only able to cast divine spells - arcane is only available, if an ability clearly describes this as a feature (like in my mysteries). So how does this work?

Thank you for your help! :)

grarrrg
2019-05-27, 03:26 AM
1) Taking Eldritch Heritage should grant you the Arcane Bond ability. Although a familiar is mighty, I was thinking about getting a bond Item - but I am not sure if I can use this Item as a Sorcerer would do - since I am a divine spellcaster I do not know if it was intended to use it that way.
The Bloodline-Bond doesn't specify it has to be a Sorcerer spell known, so it should apply to Oracle spells known as well.

"Once per day, your bonded item allows you to cast any one of your spells known"

2) Taking Improved Eldritch Heritage (New Arcana) should add 3 arcane Spells to your Spell-List - but nowhere is outlined that you are able to cast them. Usually you are only able to cast divine spells - arcane is only available, if an ability clearly describes this as a feature (like in my mysteries). So how does this work?
The spells you add from the Bloodline must be on BOTH the Sorcerer AND Oracle list in order for you to make use of them.
(and any/all spells cast out of Oracle slots are automatically considered Divine spells regardless of how you know them)

Relevant FAQ (https://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9s54). The guide you linked is out of date, as you can no longer use Eldritch Hertiage>Arcane to gain off-list spells at all, hence why they must also be on the Oracle list.

Serarya
2019-05-27, 04:32 AM
Hello,

well, that happens when you are useing an outdated source.

Thank you for clarifying! This is realy helpful for my further planing of my character. The FAQ is very helpful, indeed! And your suggestion to use spells that are both on the list for Sorcerers and Oracles is a really good hint, I need to take a closer look at that. If there is no "new" magic, I need to consider if this is worth a feat.