PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder/Power Rangers mashup advice

farialyton
2019-05-27, 09:47 AM
So I'm doing a thing. With mixing Pathfinder and Power Rangers, because why not. But there's a few things I'm getting kinda stuck on. Primarily 'Zords' and Prestige Class choices. Expect lots of edits to this a following posts as I organize and implement ideas.

White Paladin - Currently planned as having a Horse Mech that later turns into a Unicorn, unless someone convinces me otherwise. Planned as having a kite shield, then tower shield as primary weapon. Stuck on a good prestige class.

Purple Sorceror - Currently planned as having a Raven Mech, maybe turn into a Dragon. I just think it should start as an iconic familiar and turn into something MAGICAL, but with a passing similarity, aka they both fly. Starts with an orb, upgrades to a fancy staff. Leaning towards Archmage, but that might be because I'm very behind on what's out there for prestige classes.

Brown Ranger - Squirrel or Wolf Mech, dunno. I like squirrel better for the fun, but can't think of a decent evolution. Shortbow, longbow. Looking for something that doesn't necessitate multiclassing. If it weren't for that I'd be all over Arcane Archer.

Grey Rogue - Cat Mech, was considering Displacer Beast, but it's trademarked and there's a non-zero chance I might eventually try to do something profitable with this. Still deciding which form of back-stabbing to use. Probably shortsword to rapier. Maybe dual daggers to dual kuhkri or something else 'exotic'. Essentially deciding between Assassin and Shadowdancer.

Pink Cleric - Snake Mech, considering Hydra, but open to other snake-like mystical beasts associated with healing/regeneration. Heavy mace to warhammer. Having a hard time finding a good prestige class for healing, or even abjuration.

Orange Bard - Parrot Mech, overwhelmed by options for magical birds but liking the more colorful ones, like the Chinese Fenghuang. Playing around with several musical instrument options, but flute 'evolving' into a didgeridoo is the current front-runner. Seeker of the Song from 3.5e is kinda the vibe I'm currently aiming for, but I haven't seen anything much like it in Pathfinder.

Elaboration available on request.