PDA

View Full Version : quick question

brian c
2007-10-05, 12:52 PM
I'm working on a somewhat optimized build (I'll post it on here when I'm done) and I'm looking to boost my base will save, quickly. Is there a list of which classes get good will saves somewhere, perhaps on the wizards boards? All I can think of is Monk, Bard, Cleric, Wiz, Sorc. I'm looking for something that preferably has good skillpoints, and that can be used as a one-level dip for a monk build (no Tome of Battle though)

Vasdenjas
2007-10-05, 01:26 PM
Druid
Beguiler
Duskblade
Dragon Shaman
Favored Soul
Hexblade
Knight
Marshal
Spellthief
Spirit Shaman
Wu Jen
Warlock
Warmage

These are for base splat book classes. If you are thinking prestige, it opens up a lot more, including Tattooed Monk, who keeps increasing monk bonuses.

Fax Celestis
2007-10-05, 01:37 PM
Dragonfire Adept too.

Kaelik
2007-10-05, 01:59 PM
Warlock! Warlocks make great 1 level dips for one of their invocations.

In fact if you really want to boost your Will saves pick up the invocation that is Devils Luck or something, adds a bonus to a save (just constantly re cast it.)

Dr. Weasel
2007-10-05, 03:18 PM
Marshal if you're primarily a high-Charisma class.

[Edit:] Ah, Base Save. Scratch that.

Person_Man
2007-10-05, 03:31 PM
I vote Warlock. Use the adept of darkness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57352) trick to gain Hide in Plain Sight as a Swift action.

Also, what are you aiming for here? Maybe there's a better way?

Starsinger
2007-10-05, 03:32 PM
I vote Warlock. Use the adept of darkness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57352) trick to gain Hide in Plain Sight as a Swift action.

I also say Warlock, since hey... free longbow.

Fax Celestis
2007-10-05, 03:33 PM
I also say Warlock, since hey... free longbow.

Yeah. Nothing quite like a side of SHABOOM.

kemmotar
2007-10-05, 04:01 PM
If you got the feats, a one level dip to monk and then tatooed monk is a good way to boost your will, take the tatoo that gives you a +4 boost to wis 1/day for a few rounds. But that's pretty long term. Best way is cloak of resistance+4 for 16000gp and a +4 wis item also 16000 which gives you an overall of +6 to your will save but also +4 to all your other resistances which can be pretty hefty:smallbiggrin:
The cloac is a really good and useful investment anyway.

brian c
2007-10-05, 04:15 PM

Ordered Chaos, from Fiendish Codex. Requires Base Will Save +4, and I want to get that as quickly as possible. Druid 1 / Monk 2 is probably the best (even better, Druidic Avenger since I'm never going to get wildshape anyway).

I'll post the build in a little bit, now that I have it more or less figured out.

Edit: Interestingly, Druidic Avenger / Monk is a good way to get both the Barbarian and Monk movement speed increases, which stack.