PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer cohort for pathfinder

Jaarlask
2019-05-27, 08:51 PM
I'm looking to make a level 6 sorcerer cohort for my asmodean Advocate when he takes leadership at level 7. He has wicked leader so the cohort has to be evil and is only one level under the pc instead of 2. I cant decide like some powerful blaster, or a 2nd face like the cleric, or what. Literally never messed up the bloodlines before and there are so many. I'm figuring human for the race, but that's about it. Any ideas? Best bloodlines? Obviously they each have a purpose. The party has no other arcane casters.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-05-27, 10:13 PM
For a blaster, go Crossblooded (multiple personalities maybe?) for Orc and Draconic (Red). The Human alternate favored class bonus should mostly make up for the reduced spells known, but you'll still have 0 known upon gaining a new level of spells.

You'll get good mileage out of Empower since it benefits the entire variable numeric effect, including the +2 damage per die. A Lesser Rod of Empower is only 9k gp.

Get some strong single-target save-or-lose effects along with Bouncing Spell, and I'd even take the Magical Lineage trait for one, such as Blindness/Deafness. Or take Magical Lineage for Scorching Ray or Fireball and pick up Empower Spell.

TheYell
2019-05-27, 11:34 PM
Playing a Crossblooded now, it starts sloooow but if you jump in at Level 6 you probably won't notice the lack of spells. Mine is a Psychic/Rakasha, invisible silent Enchantments muhahahaha.

If you can't take the lack of spells from a Crossblood, you can take the Expanded Arcana feat multiple times.

Or, make it a Samsaran sorcerer with a Mystic Past Life.