PDA

View Full Version : Need A bit more help / 3.5 Gesalt game Character

Nosta
2019-05-28, 11:22 AM
I want to build a dagger spell mage but not sure what the first five levels should look like.

Yes I known there are better classes than dagger spell mage but I really want to go for this class. Not sure what spell casting class or mundane class I should take

Books allowed Books-
PHB 1
PHB 2
DMG 1
DMG 2
MONSTER MANUALS
Tome of battle
-Complete scoundrel
Eberon Setting
-Heros of Horror
Stromwrack
Book of Exalted deeds
Complete Arcane
Complete Divine
Complete Adventerer
Complete Warrior
Complete Adventure

jdizzlean
2019-05-28, 11:51 AM
spell thief from comp adventurer could be a good thematic fit and you can do all the pre-req's single class, thus letting you pick anything else you'd like for the other half of your gestalt

Nosta
2019-05-28, 01:02 PM
spell thief from comp adventurer could be a good thematic fit and you can do all the pre-req's single class, thus letting you pick anything else you'd like for the other half of your gestalt

oh ya that could be fun
what feats would you recommend for me then for my first 12 levels

I feel level 12 is as far as we'll get

liquidformat
2019-05-28, 01:38 PM
So I would figure out what class you want to run on the other side of your build before jumping into feats. You will probably want Master Spellthief from complete scoundrel since you are mixing spellthief with prcs. Besides that, weapon focus, and two weapon fighting it really depends on what race you have and what class you are going with on the other side of your build. Also are you allowed to take prcs on both sides of your build or only one?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-05-28, 05:34 PM
You'll want to choose whether to use Int-based or Cha-based spellcasting. Also, it's somewhat important whether you're using fractional BAB or not.

I'd go with something like the following:

1. Rogue 1// Wizard 1
2. Swashbuckler 1// Wizard 2
3. Swashbuckler 2// Wizard 3
4. Psychic Rogue (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b) 1// Wizard 4
5. Swashbuckler 3// Wizard 5
6. Daggerspell Mage 1// Wizard 6
7. Daggerspell Mage 2// Swordsage 1
8. Daggerspell Mage 3// Swordsage 2
9. Daggerspell Mage 4// Swordsage 3
10. Daggerspell Mage 5// Swordsage 4
11. Daggerspell Mage 6// Swordsage 5
12. Daggerspell Mage 7// Swordsage 6
13. Daggerspell Mage 8// Swordsage 7
14. Daggerspell Mage 9// Swordsage 8
15. Daggerspell Mage 10// Swordsage 9
16. Abjurant Champion 1// Swordsage 10
17. Abjurant Champion 2// Swordsage 11
18. Abjurant Champion 3// Swordsage 12
19. Abjurant Champion 4// Swordsage 13
20. Abjurant Champion 5// Swordsage 14

That gets a +19 BAB without fractional BAB, 20th level Wizard spellcasting, and 9th level maneuvers at 20th level. Use Kung-Fu Genius or Carmendine Monk to add your Int bonus to your AC instead of Wis. One level of Psychic Rogue allows you to use dorjes (psionic wands) of any powers on their list, such as Chameleon (get it as a 1st level power on a dorje).

Take TWF and wear Gloves of the Balanced Hand (MIC) with an enhancement bonus to Dex added (MIC p234). Take Shadow Blade to add your Dex bonus to your damage rolls, along with your Int bonus from Swashbuckler 3. Use the Mongoose boosts from Swordsage to get a crazy number of attacks.

You may want to take Psychic Rogue to 11+ to get Mind Cripple and deal 2 Int damage per sneak attack. With that you can outright disable most bruiser-types in a single full attack, you'll get more powers but fewer/lower-level maneuvers, and your sneak attack progression won't double up with Daggerspell Mage//Psychic Rogue.