PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon...netbattle

tahu88810
2007-10-05, 03:36 PM
Hello,
I'm looking for the Netbattle homepage, so I can download that particular program...
The problem is, google doesn't work on my computer...and I seem to have lost the link. 0_0

Normally, I wouldn't even need the link, but Netbattle won't work on my computer until I get an update, or something...so...can somebody please give me the link?

---

For those of you who don't know what netbattle is:
It is a simulator for pokemon battles, where you can fight other people over the net.

Bryn
2007-10-05, 03:45 PM
http://tvsian.info/netbattle/ according to Google.

I don't know why Google wouldn't work, but have you tried other search engines such as MSN, Yahoo, and Altavista? Or even foreign Googles, such as google.de?

tahu88810
2007-10-05, 03:51 PM
Ok! Thanks!

And the reason google won't work is because theres been a Worm on my comp for a few months now, and only last month we were finally able to delete it. Now the only search engine that works is the Verizon homepage one, and that just gives me ads...

Pagz
2007-10-09, 02:40 AM
You should really try Shoddy battle (www.shoddybattle.com/), since its pretty much a D/P version of Netbattle.

Setra
2007-10-09, 03:34 AM
You should really try Shoddy battle (www.shoddybattle.com/), since its pretty much a D/P version of Netbattle.
I second Shoddy Battle.

Even if I suck horribly at it.

Artemician
2007-10-10, 10:15 AM
Stay as far away from D/P as you can.

It has the most shocking powercreep I've seen so far. When a regular pokemon (not legendary) has 600 base stats, with no drawback from its Ability, then you know something is wrong.

Setra
2007-10-10, 11:20 AM

It has the most shocking powercreep I've seen so far. When a regular pokemon (not legendary) has 600 base stats, with no drawback from its Ability, then you know something is wrong.
Wait, which pokemon are we talking about here?

Bunny of Faith
2007-10-12, 11:07 AM
Doesn't Arceus have 720 Base stats..? Not that its out yet. Oh wait, non-legendary...

Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp.

All of the above have 600 base stats and are non-legendary, only Garchomp being D/P.

Setra
2007-10-13, 08:54 AM
I LIKE Garchomp.

He's my baby.

I named him GarGar

Mr.Moron
2007-10-13, 09:51 AM

600 stat Pokemon have been since R/B/Y. Dragonite being the first. Very few abilities actually have drawbacks. In fact of the 600 club the only one I can think of Tyranitar and that hardly counts because any team using him is going to account for Sand Stream. Sure him and Garchomp have a certain degree of synergy, but Ice and Fighting are both very useful attack types, that can now be carried on a single Pokemon thanks to the ATK/SATK change.

Besides, stats alone are from the only thing that determines how powerful something is, certainly lots of things with high-stats are. However just pointing out high totals doesn't mean much. Just look at Entei, 580 stats, "Legendary" status and totally unplayable because of move pool and typing.

EDIT:
Besides if you really hate the high-powered setting, there iis always the UU/BL tiers of play.