PDA

View Full Version : Your PC’s last words

HamsterKun
2019-05-30, 03:17 PM
What were the best last words of your PC’s in campaigns.

Koo Rehtorb
2019-05-30, 03:52 PM
"Well **** you too then".

Quertus
2019-05-30, 03:56 PM
Honestly, I don't remember having many memorable last words. So it's the best of a bad list.

Had a character with an Amulet of Bad Taste - which, if a creature bites you, they have to save or not do that again. For "the final battle", I loaned out to another character, while I supported the party from the back with Chant. Every round, I came up with a new chant to fit the meter of Monte Python holy grail chanting. When I noticed a) that the person who borrowed my Amulet was avoiding the front line, and b) our front line was dropping, and I was about to step up, I Chanted, "if you are not using it, can i have my Amulet?". Nope. Then I got bitten to death.

Or, another contender: "So, we're letting the new guy keep watch?" (Right before I was PK'd)

That's about the best I can remember.

comicshorse
2019-05-30, 04:00 PM
"Don't worry I'll suck out the poison"

Miz_Liz
2019-05-30, 04:31 PM
I... tend to play PCs with martyr complexes. And a flair for the dramatic.

My druid as she moon-beamed herself and another PC to keep their souls from being stolen by demons:
"Thank you for giving me my voice."

My cleric as she died holding of the bbeg so everyone else could get away:
"Come at me, you pale-faced bitch. By the grace of Helm you will not harm my friends!"

My pirate-turned-rebel as she uncorked a thermal detonator and took out a whole squad of storm troopers so her team could get away:
"For my ship. For my crew. For the Rebellion. **** you."

My mortal detective (who had just overcome a panic attack,) as she was cornered in a bathroom by an angry werewolf:
"Tell me, am I truly so monstrous?"

Kaptin Keen
2019-05-30, 04:31 PM
I'm not terribly complex - they tend to boil down to 'GRAAAHHHH!!!' or 'DIIEEE!!!' shouted at the top of the characters voice. I did have one guy whose last words were 'hahah, this ... is all ... part of my plan!' Which it totally wasn't, but he was the type of guy who'd worry about keeping them guessing - even as he breathed his last =)

Malphegor
2019-05-31, 03:18 AM
"Perhaps I should turn into this one kind of fiendish counterpart to a ghoul to defeat these gorgo-"

(no. I should have used my WINGS to FLY out of reach of their petrification and then bombarded them with evocation magic. I was trying to be clever with using Ex paralysis-causing fiend polymorph claws and immobilise the creature known for immobilising people. Technically not dead, am stone, but my party have not made him flesh yet and I've told them it's no worry if they do or don't)

Grey Guard
2019-05-31, 09:58 AM
"They need time to destroy you, and I'm going to give it to them."

My Artificer/Xelor right before he snapped his Staff of Power in half in the face of a Lich, saving the rest of the party from getting killed by said Lich.

NRSASD
2019-05-31, 10:10 AM
DM's Honorary Mention: I asked the player for her last words, and said last words saved her life.

The Warlock, grappled by Strahd and having her life drained out of her, locks eyes with one of Strahd's vampire lieutenants right before she dies:

"When I rise, I'm going to outrank you"

JeenLeen
2019-05-31, 10:36 AM
Not mine, but in a Mage (World of Darkness) game, one of the PCs said this to a werewolf ally while watching the nature channel: "So, does this kinda stuff turn you on?"
Rage roll --> dead PC --> we all argued we couldn't possibly finish the mission without him --> retcon that he wasn't quite that stupid

Mid-game. We had trust issues in-character, and my PC and another (let's call it Jason) thought the third PC (Eric) was a magically insane sociopath and might kill us in our sleep. So we got a different hotel room and stood guard.
"You want first shift? Okay, wake me up when it's time or if Eric tries to get in."
OOC, I go to the restroom and return, to find out my PC was killed in my sleep my Jason.

Same game, after we beat the final boss and I had 1 health left. Of the three PCs and two allies (the above werewolf + my character's wife), only 2 PCs and his wife were left.
Me (IC and OOC): "I... I did it! I survived! We won!"
DM: roll Stamina
::lousy roll::
DM: yeah, your wife just killed you
Me (OOC): I told you guys she was Nephandi!

Grod_The_Giant
2019-06-01, 08:30 AM
DM's Honorary Mention: I asked the player for her last words, and said last words saved her life.

The Warlock, grappled by Strahd and having her life drained out of her, locks eyes with one of Strahd's vampire lieutenants right before she dies:

A freaking plus.

Tanarii
2019-06-01, 08:39 AM
"The high priest is right. I betrayed you all. But we can still stop him, if we work together."

jintoya
2019-06-01, 09:55 AM
"don't worry, I'm immune"

LordCdrMilitant
2019-06-01, 04:08 PM
Not mine, but one of my players': "I think she's outlived her use to us." - Said in a conference room while the Inquisitor Lord in question was sitting at the end of the table. He was executed, and not permitted to burn fate.

I've actually only had 2 of my players' characters die-die on me, in part because they only really die-die as a consequence of story actions. They burn fate and infamy in combat at a rate of about once collectively every one or two sessions, but they don't usually run out of fate or infamy and stay dead.

HamsterKun
2019-06-01, 08:17 PM

How did they “save her life”?

redwizard007
2019-06-01, 08:24 PM
"Wow! That's a lot of dice."

NRSASD
2019-06-02, 07:26 AM
A freaking plus.

Thanks!

How did they “save her life”?

The warlock got isolated from the party in Castle Ravenloft and got nabbed by Strahd's minions. While trapped, she ran into one of Strahd's lieutenant vampires and pieced together that he was extremely jealous of new vampires, since Strahd would shower them with attention and ignore him. Since Strahd had been showing her a lot of interest already, the warlock put two and two together. So when Strahd showed up and began to exsanguinate her, she told the lieutenant "When I rise, I'm going to outrank you." This caused the lieutenant to flip out and demand that Strahd let him kill the warlock, and Strahd, amused that the Warlock was able to mess with his minions even while a vampire was drinking her blood, agreed. Said lieutenant packed the now unconscious Warlock off to his bedroom and resuscitated her, telling her that she was going to be kept alive and a prisoner until she healed enough to not become a vampire when she died, whereupon he'd throw her off the highest tower. And that's when the party burst in and staked the lieutenant.

Cluedrew
2019-06-02, 07:39 AM
The outranking one was good. As are some of the martyr ones.

"This is where we leave."

Kelly than left and was hence the only PC to survive the end of the campaign. But these were the last words spoken by Kelly on screen.

Calthropstu
2019-06-03, 07:31 AM
"Duel me."

Conradine
2019-06-03, 07:33 AM
My PC was a Fighter / Mage, human. His name, Manowar.

Last words:

"Non morirò invendicato!!!"

JAL_1138
2019-06-03, 07:44 AM
“Here, I can read Draconic, let me see that. Hmm...I’m a little rusty, but this symbol here means ‘Leaping Fire,’ and this one means ‘Arcane Script,’ so the idiomatic translation would be...‘Explosive Runes!’ (*beat*) ...OH SHI— *KABOOM* ”

Kardwill
2019-06-03, 08:16 AM
"Did anyone remember to defuse the nuclear warhead?"
(The answer is, no, we didn't. We won the battle, but the enemy leader dead-man's-switch became a dead-campaign-switch.)

"Do you really think a mere gun can kill me?!"
(Good news : I made a crit at my Bluff roll to have an insane NPC believe I was the ghost of the man she murdered. Bad news, the NPC snapped, panicked, and shot me anyway. Yeah, I'm still a little salty about it.)

Not mine : "Okay, you cousin-####ers, you're all under arrest."
(In a game about cops in a grim distopian future, it might not be the smartest thing to say when you enter a biker bar)

Pleh
2019-06-03, 09:36 AM
"Wait, the giant is cowering behind the pillar. I speak Giant, so I'll speak to it diplomatically and see if it is friendly."

Vaern
2019-06-03, 10:33 AM
"Anyone happen to have a small handful of diamonds on them? I'm about to die. Again."
(After being temporarily resurrected with Revenance)

Ken Murikumo
2019-06-03, 10:59 AM
"Is shark meat any good?"

Proceeds to try and fish for sharks.
Rolls a 1
Rolls another 1
Repeat until dead

hotflungwok
2019-06-03, 02:56 PM
Most of mine were a long the lines of:

"Wait, that's not supposed to hap-"
"My god will protect me from-"
"How on earth did they get that huge bould-"
"Where the hell did all these goblins come fr-"
"There's no way they can hit me with all this arm-"

And of course:

"Fine, I'll draw one card."

Guizonde
2019-06-03, 03:13 PM
my friend's, just before tpk'ing us and fragging the bbeg:

"welp, we'll never be the good guys unless we martyr ourselves for the cause. plus, let's face it. edward's too dangerous to live." ooc: i unpin the grenade next to the viewing port on the spaceship. edward's last words? "groin attack! mwahahahaha!" ...the priorities were a bit skewed in that campaign.

also, i'm thinking for inquisitor josé (soon to be retired and/or killed messily). "come at me, bro. look at my life and tell me honestly if i don't actually enjoy living in hell."

kami's were successively: "oh, that's gonna suck." "great, i'm about to die again." "oh jeez, that's the third time this week." and of course, "i've never been suffocated in such an opulent chest before!"
if kami was more of a meta-player, he'd probably curse his dice in-character.

comicshorse
2019-06-03, 05:02 PM
(Levels shotgun) " Don't worry, I'm sure all the gas was burned off in the first explosion "

Egon1986
2019-06-04, 06:21 AM
"Flee! I'll be right behind you. I learned a new trick!"
Last words of my open hand monk, who recently had not learnt any helpful trick.

Passed the deception roll.
died, fighting a Drider and a coldrith for long enough, to help the party escape.

AdmiralCheez
2019-06-04, 02:22 PM
At the end of a campaign, playing an evil warlord character:
"No, your majesty. This is my kingdom now."

At the end of a campaign, playing a shamanistic barbarian chief:
"My people have been without their leader for too long. Safe travels, until our paths cross again."

A critically wounded cleric:
"At least I crushed them with a boat."

A monk hit with a powerful fear curse, doomed to run away at obnoxious speed toward a cliff:
"AAAAAAAAAAHHH... oh, cliff, uh oh."

Malak'ai
2019-06-05, 10:19 PM
"Don't worry, I've got this... Ow.."
Rogue looking down at the spear in his guts.

Calthropstu
2019-06-06, 01:55 PM
Most of mine were a long the lines of:

"Wait, that's not supposed to hap-"
"My god will protect me from-"
"How on earth did they get that huge bould-"
"Where the hell did all these goblins come fr-"
"There's no way they can hit me with all this arm-"

And of course:

"Fine, I'll draw one card."

Oh, the deck of many failed campaigns.

Particle_Man
2019-06-06, 02:18 PM
“I think I disarmed the —“. Three natural 1s. I think they recovered a thumb.

Previously, “Run, Blueberry!” where my Druid knew they were toast but saved their equine animal companion.