PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the monsterfinder?

ktccd
2019-06-01, 08:34 AM
In the last month or so, I have been unable to access the website dndrunde.de, and I have no other way to easily find the monsters that exist among my many... many... maaany books.
Can other people still use the monsterfinder (such that this is an error on my end) or is there some other way to easily sort through all monsters (if the website has broken down)?

Mike Miller
2019-06-01, 08:57 AM
It has been down for a while

ktccd
2019-06-01, 02:37 PM
Thanks for confirming that I'm at least not insane! :D

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-06-01, 02:42 PM
You can always ask what's going on here (http://monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/kontakt.html). Feel free to pass anything they say on to us here.

Thanks for confirming that I'm at least not insane! :D...I don't think he actually confirmed that.

Did you ever get tested?

MisterKaws
2019-06-01, 03:25 PM
Likely DMCA'd, like Crystal Keep.

I keep my Crystal Keep PDFs close in hand to avoid losing access to those beautiful indexes. Sadly, sharing them is both against US law and forum rules. I can pass you over if you come knocking at my place, since my country's laws allow sharing "between friends", but it's very much illegal to make it available online.

ktccd
2019-06-02, 12:04 PM
Dang... that sucks if that's why it's down... The whole point of it was to find out which books had the material, not sharing the material itself!
And even that was because WotC themselves have failed to provide such tools themselves for their customers, but oh well... hope it works out in the end :S.

Avrahamagirl
2019-08-06, 12:26 PM
If you're still trying to find a good spot to see the list of monsters, I got one for ya.

Go to dndsrd.net/toolsscreen.html and you'll find a monster listing in there.

MisterKaws
2019-08-06, 02:27 PM
If you're still trying to find a good spot to see the list of monsters, I got one for ya.

Go to dndsrd.net/toolsScreen.html (FTFY) and you'll find a monster listing in there.

That's only the SRD monsters. It's not even two books worth. There's a hundred books on 3.5, and the old monsterfinder had all those indexed by CR and source book.

Ventruenox
2019-08-06, 02:35 PM
sharing them is both against US law and forum rules.

Mödley Crüe: Yes, let's not forget that bit.