PDA

View Full Version : Bardic Music Feats and the Undead[PEACH]

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-05, 08:27 PM
Just a couple ideas for Bardic Music Feats which were basically inspired by a short conversation on Tom Bombadil (of LotR fame).

God's Chant [Bardic Music]
Prerequisites: Bardic Music, Perfrom (8 ranks), Any non-Evil alignment
Benefit: The Bard may expend two uses of his Daily Bardic Music allotment to turn undead as a Cleric one level lower. If your alignment shifts to Evil, you loose the benfit of this feat, and may not replace it. You re-gain the benefit as soon as your alignment reverts to a non-evil
Special: You may not have both God's Chant and Funeral Dirge as Feats.

Funeral Dirge [Bardic Music]
Prerequisites: Bardic Music, Perform (8 ranks), Any non-Good alignment
Benefit: The Bard may expend two uses of his Daily Bardic Music allotment to rebuke undead as a Cleric one level lower. If your alignment shifts to Good, you loose the benfit of this feat, and may not replace it. You re-gain the benefit as soon as your alignment reverts to a non-good.
Special: You may not have both God's Chant and Funeral Dirge as Feats.

I submit these ideas to you for balancing issues: or, more likely, to point out feats with the same mechanical effect that already exist, as I don't own alot of 3.5 books.

jindra34
2007-10-05, 08:30 PM
Just a couple ideas for Bardic Music Feats which were basically inspired by a short conversation on Tom Bombadil (of LotR fame).

God's Chant [Bardic Music]
Prerequisites: Bardic Music, Perfrom (8 ranks)
Benefit: The Bard may expend two uses of his Daily Bardic Music allotment to turn undead as a Cleric one level lower.

Funeral Dirge [Bardic Music]
Prerequisites: Bardic Music, Perform (8 ranks)
Benefit: The Bard may expend two uses of his Daily Bardic Music allotment to rebuke undead as a Cleric one level lower.

I submit these ideas to you for balancing issues: or, more likely, to point out feats with the same mechanical effect that already exist, as I don't own alot of 3.5 books.
Um... i would require non-alignment requirements.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-05, 08:49 PM
I can't believed I missed that! Editing and adding "retain alignment" caveat.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-07, 07:28 AM
Changes have been made. One last bump up to see a reaction.

Once more, PEACH!

Lord_Gareth
2007-10-07, 07:32 AM
I, personally, must say that these feats -shouldn't- be made. Turning undead is -the- signature trick of clerics and paladins, and Bards have no place taking it. Besides, the Requiem feat already allows them to do some truly sickening things to the living dead.