PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [Pathfinder/Dreamscarred Press] Hand Cannons With Maneuvers?

jackofnotrades
2019-06-02, 09:29 PM
I'm playing in a gestalt campaign that allows 3PP and I was planning on a Vizier from Akashic Mysteries with a Hawkguard Warder from Path of War, however one thing is bugging me. I was planning on using the "Hand Cannons" as my primary weapon with my Warder maneuvers, however when looking at the text:

Massive cylinders of whirling energy surround the arms of anyone wielding this potent veil. While the Hand Cannons are manifested you gain the ability to make a special ranged weapon attack ...

Instead of stating that I manifest a weapon, it only says I gain a "special weapon attack", the question is can this be used with Path of War maneuvers?

MesiDoomstalker
2019-06-03, 12:13 AM
It really depends on the maneuver. Some specify melee, or ranged, or even greater specificity. You'll have to make sure all your maneuvers are useable with a ranged attack. Which there are fewer than those that specify melee.

StSword
2019-06-03, 01:45 AM
Instead of stating that I manifest a weapon, it only says I gain a "special weapon attack", the question is can this be used with Path of War maneuvers?

Hand Cannons also states that it is subject to all feats and effects that apply to ranged weapon attacks, so you're good to go, as long as the maneuvers apply to a ranged attack, as Mesi states.

Although since hawkguards get access to tempest gale and solar wind, such maneuvers shouldn't be too hard to come by.

Elricaltovilla
2019-06-03, 06:35 AM
As long as you are initiating a maneuver that can be used with a ranged attack, you are fine to use them with the hand cannons.