PDA

View Full Version : Crafting a Wish Scroll as Artificer

SpicyBoi_Nezu
2019-06-03, 09:28 AM
I like the idea of using the method of Crafting Scrolls of "Wish" and wishing for a Mithril Golem. But no one has said the logistics, other than the 15k xp.

What is the Spell level of the "wish" spell off of the Divine Crusader Spell List?

What is the minimum required Caster level?

How much GOLD does it cost to craft one of these scrolls?

How can I prevent my DM from stopping me from making multiple of these (Ignoring the xp cost)?

DarkSoul
2019-06-03, 12:27 PM
I like the idea of using the method of Crafting Scrolls of "Wish" and wishing for a Mithril Golem. But no one has said the logistics, other than the 15k xp.

What is the Spell level of the "wish" spell off of the Divine Crusader Spell List?

How can I prevent my DM from stopping me from making multiple of these (Ignoring the xp cost)?
It's spell level 9. The minimum caster level is whatever the class's caster level is when it gets 9th level spells.

You can't prevent your DM from doing anything in their game. If they don't want something to happen, it won't. End of discussion. As a DM I'd laugh at you if you tried to wish for a mithril golem, and again when you tried the "but the rules say I can!" BS.

RoboEmperor
2019-06-03, 12:33 PM

Spell Level: 9
Caster Level: 9, but since you're an artificer you can craft it at level 7 making it CL7 instead of CL9. But since Wish's effects are completely independent of caster level it does not matter.
Minimum Caster Level: 9, but Artifcers can create scrolls 2 CL lower than their minimum so the true minimum is 7.
Market Price: 25 x Spell Level x Caster Level = 25 x 9 x 9 = 2025gp. Even when artificers craft it it is 2025gp but the CL is 7 not 9 unless your caster level is also 9.
Crafting price: 2025gp/2 = 1012.5.
XP cost: 2025/25 = 81xp. Wish costs 5,000xp, Mithral Golem costs 5,000xp, wish doubles Mithral Golem's xp cost so its 81 + 5,000 + 5,000 x 2 = 15081xp.

You can't. You piss him off and rocks will just fall on top of you and you will die.