PDA

View Full Version : The Social Guy

Hunterx
2019-06-03, 01:58 PM
So i was looking through the books and I came across a a couple of ideas for a social char that is still ok on combat but the stats i have are not the greatest but they are not the worst either so here is my idea for what i call the social guy and since it is level game that we are starting i am not expecting miracles but any constructive direction to go would be great thanks

Changling Rogue ACf: Social Intuition: Lose Trapfinding
Skill points: 10+3x4 52 1D6 HP sneak attack 1D6
Social intuition allows you to take 10 on Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Gather Info and Sense Motive.
Traits: Polite +1 Diplomacy -2 Intimidate
Illiterate +1 Diplomacy
Racial Skills: Bluff Intimidate Sense Motive +2
Natural linguist:speak languages for any class
Minor Change: gives a +10 Disguise when used
Stats: Str 12 (-2 flaw) 10 Dex 18 Con 13 Int 17 Wis 12 Cha 18
Feats: Crossed up on these right now but these are my ideas.
Nymphes kiss negotiater and weapon finesse Chaotic Good
Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Weapon finesse Chaotic neutral

The key skills as Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Gather info and Sense motive.
All skills will be shown without the feats added but will have the traits and thetake 10 added to them.
Bluff 20 Diplomacy 20 Intimidate 18 Gather Info 18 Sense motive 15

bean illus
2019-06-03, 04:17 PM
Have you given any thought into how you're going to kill things?

I would switch the con with the int, take minimum level in Rogue, and switch to Bard for the rest.

daremetoidareyo
2019-06-03, 04:21 PM
Have you given any thought into how you're going to kill things?

I would switch the con with the int, take minimum level in Rogue, and switch to Bard for the rest.

cards over swords. Never ever fight again!

Hunterx
2019-06-03, 06:24 PM
the char is a rogue his int will stay right were it is at killing things is for the other guy

Maat Mons
2019-06-03, 07:01 PM
You should ask your DM if he'll let Changelings qualify for the Able Learner feat (Races of Destiny, p150). The prerequisite is "Human or Doppelganger," but Changelings are a crossbreed between Humans and Doppelgangers.

Able Learner basically makes anything that's a class skill for one of your classes into a class skill for all of your other classes too. So you can take one level in Changeling Rogue, then the rest of your levels in whatever other class you like, so long as you get enough skill points per level.

Blackhawk748
2019-06-03, 08:22 PM
cards over swords. Never ever fight again!

You joke, but there's a build that does this.

Galacktic
2019-06-03, 08:27 PM
Also, making an int-based social character illiterate is a terrible idea thematically.

Hunterx
2019-06-04, 04:24 AM
Also, making an int-based social character illiterate is a terrible idea thematically.

2 skill points fixes this issue