PDA

View Full Version : Reworking Multispell

Biggus
2019-06-04, 12:20 PM
Multispell is arguably the worst offender after Epic Spellcasting for making epic casters even more overpowered compared to other classes, as it allows them to laugh at the action economy, especially when combined with metamagic reducers.

My initial thought was to just remove the line "You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.", but then it occurred to me that

a) the feat was never properly updated to account for the existence of swift and immediate actions

b) there are quite a few magic items (mostly in the MiC) which require a swift action to activate and are usable by non-casters

c) there are several swift action spells in the SpC which are available to casters who don't get 9th-level spells (a prerequisite for Multispell)

so I decided it might be better to rewrite it entirely. This is what I came up with:

Epic Swiftness [Epic]

Benefit
You can take two swift actions per round, or one swift action and one immediate action. This feat cannot be taken multiple times.

Thoughts?

DarkSoul
2019-06-04, 03:58 PM
Interesting take, not sure what I think yet because I'm at work. I will say that the last line is redundant. If a feat doesn't explicitly state it can be taken multiple times, it can't.

Biggus
2019-06-04, 04:15 PM
I will say that the last line is redundant. If a feat doesn't explicitly state it can be taken multiple times, it can't.

True, but some feats do specify that, generally in cases where you might otherwise assume they can be, so I included it for the avoidance of doubt.

Psyren
2019-06-04, 04:53 PM
If you're asking for critique of your specific new feat, there is a Hombrew Design subforum for that kind of thing.

If you're asking for general thoughts on the balance of Multispell... well, it's Epic, balance is kinda out the window at that point.