PDA

View Full Version : So I'm playing a Healbot Transformer... What now?

Hadrian_Emrys
2007-10-06, 01:18 AM
First things first, the build I cannot believe the DM is allowing:

Name: M*A*S*H
Class: Mystic Swordsage (TN)
Race: Warforged
Symbol: Red Cross
Skin: Polished Iron
Eyes: Red

Attributes:
Str: 18 / +4
Dex: 14 / +2
Con: 16 / +3
Int: 10 / +0
Wis: 12 / +1
Cha: 6 / -2

Hit Points (d6): 54
Initiative: 2 Dex + 2 QtA = 4
AC: 10 + 2 Dex + 1 Wis + 2 Armor = 15
Attack: 3 BAB + 4 Str + ? + ? = ?
Move: 30

Saves: (Base+Mod+Misc)
Fort: 1+3+0=4
Refl: 4+2+0=6
Will: 4+1+0=5

Skills: (Rank+Mod+Misc)
Balance: 8+2+2= 12
Heal: 8+1+0= 10
Hide: 8+2+0= 11
Knowledge (Nature) 8+0+0= 8
Move Silently: 8+2+0= 11
Tumble: 8+2+2= 12

Special:
Immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and sickened
Cannot heal lethal damage naturally.
Takes damage from heat and chill metal spells. Repel metal or stone and repel wood repel warforged.
Does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe.
Light Fortification: 25% ignore crits and sneak attacks.

Feats:
1: Adaptive Style
3: Martial Study

Maneuvers:
11 Known, 6 Ready, 3 Stances
1 (Swift): Lightfoot: SC / Movement does not provoke AoEs for 1 round
1 (Swift): Swift, Expeditious Retreat: SC / +30 enhance to move speed for 1 round
1 (Standard): Shield: PHB
1 (Standard): Hoard Gullet: DM / works like bag of holding inside body, items accessed by puking out all contents
1 (Standard): Endure Elements: PHB
1 (Free): Feather Fall: PHB

2 (Standard): See Invisibility: PHB
2 (Standard): Cure Moderate Wounds: PHB
2 (Standard): Rope Trick: PHB
2 (Standard): Alter Self: PHB

3 (Standard): Haste: PHB

Stances:
1: Step of the Wind
1: Island of Blades
3: Dance of the Spider

GP 14000

Now I'm left with two problems for this military minded monstrosity:
1) In terms of filling the roles of vehicle, backup healer/buffer, night watchman, and melee support/flanker... can you lot think of anything I can do better that isn't overpowering? Keeping in mind that the roles listed are done so in order of importance for the goal of the character concept, are there obvious changes I can make that I'm just not seeing?
2) What the heck do I buy for this... thing? 14k, and no clue how to spend it.

Roderick_BR
2007-10-06, 01:32 AM
You are picking these healing spells from the bard list? I think that is what may be looking weird. I think the original idea was for the mystic swordsage to get spells from the wizard/sorcerer list only, since they suggest schools, and bard's spells are not separated in schools, only a simple list.. If you can get any arcane spell, the spell selection can be pretty powerful.

Edit: You want a role? Hmm... it could have been a "support unity" for troops. I think that you could concentrate more in buffing the party.
I don't know about the money, as I'm not familiar with warforgeds.

Hadrian_Emrys
2007-10-06, 01:53 AM
Yeah, I had EVERY arcane spell EVER at my disposal, and chose the ones I did as a sign of good faith. The DM liked the concept I suppose, I know I laughed myself stupid at 3 in the morning when I thought the build up.

As for the "spells" and their relationship to roles:

Lightfoot: Allows me to ignore AoOs when healing party members or gettingi nto a flank.
Swift, Ex Ret: Ups my speed as either a vehicle or to get to an injured ally.
Shield: Better AC for when serving at the party ride or as a front liner (could stand to lose it)
Hoard Gullet: Yeah... not sure what I was thinking here. I think something along the lines of consuming heavy items when carting allies along, then puking them out when the ride was over. So could lose it.
Endure Elements: Eh, a party buff that helps in hostile climates, not that useful, but I felt it fit the concept and showed my willingness to NOT try to cheese out my selection. I so can lose this.
Feather Fall: Alter self into a carriage, then cast fly (later), dump party out in the air and feather fall us all into hostile territory. Very commando.

See Invis: Allows me to stay up all night while the party rests, knowing full well I'll see trouble coming.
CMW: Heal
Rope Trick: Added night security, possible uses for ambushing
Alter Self: Only "spell" that has an offensive use in combat as well as the source of the ability to "transform and roll out"

Haste: priceless party buff

In regards to the money... Yeah, I have no idea.

Hawriel
2007-10-06, 02:10 AM
Your playing a fighter than can cast combat spells and is almost a player race golem made for war? Then a M.A.S.H unit is your consept?

Hadrian_Emrys
2007-10-06, 02:18 AM
Best combat ability I can come up with results in an AC of like 26, and has a full round combat routine identical to it's standard action attack of 2d8+str from a single natural weapon. This does not get any better. I wouldn't call him a fighter so much as a high AC flanker/decoy.