PDA

View Full Version : Race specific items

Alleine
2007-10-06, 02:12 AM
I'm currently playing a warlock, with a very nice UMD check. Lots of people admire the Warlock for its deceive item ability, which is a very nice ability. Seriously, taking 10 on a UMD? Yes please! What people also like to praise is this being able to emulate races in order to use specific items, but I have yet to find any racial items that I couldn't already use, or that would actually be useful.

I'm a warforged warlock, so I can use all of the warforged items, and a look at a warlock thread yielded the Night Hag Heart Stone. Nice item, pretty cheap too, but aside from that I'll I can find are shifter items which are of no real use anyways.

I'd really like to know if there are any other race-specific items out there that are actually useful, and where I can find them. I have about 30K gold to burn. Any help would be appreciated.

RTGoodman
2007-10-06, 09:59 AM
I was going to suggest that you could use the ability to wield Relic weapons, but a glance at Complete Divine shows a funny thing - apparently, you don't even have to be a member of the god's race to wield a relic, you just have to be a worshiper and either give up a spell slot or have the True Believer feat.

But now, I wonder - is there a way to use UMD to emulate a feat and religion? Because it seems to me that UMD is all about tricking magic items, so there should be a way to emulate these things (given a high enough UMD check) and let you use a relic with no connection to the deity whatsoever. Not sure if its workable RAW, though.

And that's the only idea I have.

Anxe
2007-10-06, 10:07 AM
You could make your own race-specific items using the discounts listed in the back of the DMG section on making magic items. Another cool item to trick would be a Holy Avenger.

Alleine
2007-10-06, 02:25 PM
Hmmm, guess there really aren't many racial magic items then. Odd... I do like that Holy Avenger thing though, would be nice if I had the money.

I looked through the SRD monsters to see if any of them had items other than the nighthag, and there was one, but its a stretch as to whether or not I could use it.

The Trumpet Archon's trumpet.

Anxe
2007-10-06, 03:35 PM
You could use all those bard items that require perform ranks, but none of them are that good anyways.