PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [3.5] Divine thrower gish spellbook

maxion
2019-06-05, 08:06 AM
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for divine spells for gish throwing javelins (Stormlord PrC). There is a lot of gish material out there but cant find many spells for ranged divine gishes :/

Zaq
2019-06-05, 08:36 AM
What class are you entering stormlord from? More to the point, what spell list(s) are you pulling from?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-06-05, 10:07 AM
Use Archivist as the base spellcasting class, and you can learn spells from every divine class list including the Ranger spell list. Dip a level of Sacred Exorcist to get turn undead for DMM: Persist with spells like Guided Shot, Swift Haste, Find the Gap, Hawkeye, etc. Take Brutal Throw and buff with persistent Bite of the Werebear.

maxion
2019-06-07, 02:36 AM
I thought about Favored Soul, so a cleric list. Is there anything worth mentioning? Or Archivist is the only good solution?

Eldariel
2019-06-07, 04:42 AM
Well, if you go into throwing, you'll have access to Brutal Throw making your Strength SAD. Thus any Strength-buffers such as Divine Power, Righteous Might, Holy Transformation, Visage of the Deity, Giant Size, etc. are really good. Of course, all the buffs that apply straight to weapon damage or attack roll such as Divine Favor, Divine Power, many Devotion-feats, Spikes/Brambles (just use clubs as improvised throwing weapons) also work.

Eragon
2019-06-07, 06:01 AM
Also you can be illumian with the aeshkrau sigil for even more SADness

liquidformat
2019-06-07, 09:20 AM
getting access to the ranger spell list would be worth while, though you have to take track and endurance and probably be a cleric with animal domain...

nighteyes95
2019-06-07, 07:11 PM
I'm going to be away from my computer for quite a while but when I'm home I'll go through my old stormlord Gish to see if there's anything I can mention

Edit
checked my Favored Soul/Stormlord spell list outside of buffs that others already mentioned I primarily used immediate/Swift action (Alter Fortune/Hesitate/Necrotic Skull Bomb) or versatile spells (Restoration, Lesser/Bestow Curse/Dispel Magic),
and I was a strength SAD character using Brutal Throw (Complete Adventurer) and having just enough mental attributes to cast my spells,
so my main weapons were a short spear for melee (Player's handbook),
Howler javelin because they impose a penalty if the opponent fails a reflex save and count as ammunition so no need for Quick Draw assuming the DM agrees they work with storm Lord abilities (Savage species),
also harpoons regardless of the fact that they didn't work with class abilities they were quite good for tough enemy control as I regularly had the highest strength outside of dragons(frostburn/stormwrack),
bolas serve a similar purpose to harpoons as they are good for stopping fleeing enemies of course both are depending on campaign (Player's handbook),
my notable magic items were gauntlets of extended range (magic item compendium), Horizon Goggles (complete mage), then mostly Dragoncraft stuff as a large conflict involving dragons was the theme of the campaign same reason for the emphasis on range