PDA

View Full Version : Wonderworker after 20th level

Baalzebub
2019-06-05, 12:09 PM
So my Wizard went evil because Abyss shenanigans and then he got sanctified via Sanctify the Wicked spell (don't ask, it took several sessions :smallfrown: )

The point is, my Wizard was 20th level at this point. The DM gave me the option to retrain feats, so I figured, hell, why not go all the way about me being Sanctified :smallsmile: . I am looking at the Wonder Worker PrC, which at this point looks like a good choice since Epic level progression sucks and this class gives me additional spell slots, which is nice.

Do you have any advice, ideas on what can I do to explore the full potential of an Exalted Wizard? I'll probably take Purify Spell.

ZamielVanWeber
2019-06-05, 10:37 PM
The problem is many exalted feats are just... bad. Like mega-awful-garbage-bad. A few are underwhelming, some are useful in specific situations, and many of the fascinating ones are locked to you.

Purify Summoning is cute if you already have Augment Summoning. Stigmata has been surprisingly useful for me but I don't think it if for everyone as you really need it for backup healers or if you have no cleric but an orb (?) of bodily restoration. Words of Creation is useful if you have a lot of conjuration (creation) or [good] spells. If you kept your familiar Celestial Familiar is okay but you have already rocketed past the level where much of it is useful.

Biggus
2019-06-05, 11:42 PM
Yeah, there are very few exalted feats which are of much use to a straight Wizard, I think the ones already mentioned are about it. If you really want to go this route, I'd talk to your DM about creating some new ones. Although tbh, the bonus feats you get for being an epic Wizard are still likely to be more useful.