PDA

View Full Version : Halaster’s Fetch Necromancer

Zombulian
2019-06-05, 08:18 PM
So it occurred to me today that Halaster’s Fetch would be a very nice spell for a necromancer to utilize, as it’s a calling effect and thus the corpses don’t disappear.
I’ve been liking the idea of an Archivist Necromancer, so I was wondering if there was any easy way to get access to HF in that situation. There’s the extra stinky cheese solution of getting a divine version of the spell from an Artificer. Also I could grab Anyspell from the Spell Domain I guess?

Alternatively I guess you could run a Wizard build with Arcane Disciple to grab Desecrate and Animate Dead? Lots of feat taxing in that scenario though.

RoboEmperor
2019-06-05, 08:24 PM
Its been a while since I used summon monster line of spells, but my go-to corpse generation is Lesser Planar Exchange. Free Griffon Corpses. You just create a magic circle like you're planar binding something but instead of planar binding you cast Lesser Planar Exchange and call a Griffon and control it so that it kills itself. The body fails to return home because of the magic circle so voila, free griffon corpse for animate dead or DMM:Fell Animate.

IIRC halaster's fetch stops at VI and is 3 levels higher so Lesser Planar Ally (4th level spell) is superior in every way.