PDA

View Full Version : Animal Companions/Cohorts/Familiars

Fhaolan
2007-10-06, 09:36 AM
Okay, which 3.5 books have rules in them for Animal Companions, Animal Cohorts, Familiars, Paladin's Warhorses, etc? Anything to do with animals as class features, improvement feats, etc.

I'm not asking for bootlegged copies of the rules, just what books that I need to get ahold of (and what pages the rules are on would be a nice bonus. :smallsmile: )

PHB is obvious, of course, but I don't have many 3.5 books, so this is an honest question. I'm trying to gather all these rules into one place so I can mess around with some homebrew ideas of my own. I just like to know what's already been done.

RTGoodman
2007-10-06, 09:44 AM
What immediately comes to mind is PHB and PHB2. The PHB2 has a whole chart on pg. 41 that lists animals appropriate as animal companions, organized by level.

The list includes animals from the MM, the D&D 3.5 Accessory Update book, the Arms & Equipment Guide, Frostburn, Fiend Folio, MM2, MM3, Miniatures Handbook, Races of Stone, Races of the Wild, and Sandstorm.

CharlieRock
2007-10-06, 10:36 AM
The Book of Familiars (http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=showbook&bookid=4587) is 3.5 and hardback. Very nice.